Thread: Gtx 1060

Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Gtx 1060

Not a ton of information here.. but possibly some things we didn't know already. Hardocp posted an announcement of the GTX 1060. Which hopefully means in the next day or two we should see some benchmarks!! Really wish Nvidia would get on the ball and get more cards readily available. Money is burning a hole in my wallet, but I'm not ready to pay the premium for a card "right now."

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2016/...t#.V38ve1KECUk

Edit: Blah.. Can't edit title I guess.. The Gtx instead of GTX is kicking my OCD lol
    Last edited by Msshammy; 2016-07-16 at 08:10 AM.

GTX 1060 is probably even more rushed than 1080 and 1070 so I wouldnt put any hopes on getting any non-reference versions before September.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    GTX 1060 is probably even more rushed than 1080 and 1070 so I wouldnt put any hopes on getting any non-reference versions before September.
    He says with no sources or evidence to back him up.

Think benchmarks for this card are NDAs until release. I don't mind too much because I still have to wait for 3rd party RX 480 cards which might come out a bit later. If the 1060 shows decent enough results with current and DX12 games, I'll hold off. Otherwise, the 480 looks like the smarter buy for me.

Also, lack of Sli feels pretty weak.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Think benchmarks for this card are NDAs until release. I don't mind too much because I still have to wait for 3rd party RX 480 cards which might come out a bit later. If the 1060 shows decent enough results with current and DX12 games, I'll hold off. Otherwise, the 480 looks like the smarter buy for me.

Also, lack of Sli feels pretty weak.
    The exclusion of SLI does feel a bit odd to me as well. Possibly will see these later down the line? Unless there is a technical reason why they didn't do SLI I'm rather confused by this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Msshammy View Post
    The exclusion of SLI does feel a bit odd to me as well. Possibly will see these later down the line? Unless there is a technical reason why they didn't do SLI I'm rather confused by this decision.
    Saw from earlier rumors and leaks that it was because it would make it more powerful than their newest high end cards. Not so sure on the legitimacy of that, but that's what I read.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

10+ Year Old Account
    There were some "leaked" benchmarks that show the 1060 doing 11,225 in FireStrike. But then we have the RX 480 doing 11,662. This could be a fierce battle between the RX 480 and the 1060.

https://www.techpowerup.com/223920/n...mance-revealed

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    will there be SLI support for the gtx1060?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrykoolaid View Post
    will there be SLI support for the gtx1060?
    As was said above no sli.

Deleted
    Cant wait to sli a couple of these babies.

Imo, no SLI because 2x1060s will beat 1080 and will be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Good luck with that. Why bother with 1060 SLI? Why not just get a 1070 or 1080?

Can't wait to see the mark up on the card for not being in the US
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

No SLI huh? or maybe they're taking the AMD route and doing away with the SLI bridges and working through the PCI Express bus. Guess we'll find out.

dam these nvidia cards are putting my r9 390 to shame lmao need to upgrade later

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    really? like we're still doing this whole demanding a source or evidence every time someone has an opinion. It clearly is his opinion, and opinion =/= fact. He posted his thoughts. Not every comment needs to have a whole fucking reference at the end. Have a word with yourself.

I'm looking forward to the 1060, if it is as good as being made out, will be a nice affordable upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockers View Post
    really? like we're still doing this whole demanding a source or evidence every time someone has an opinion. It clearly is his opinion, and opinion =/= fact. He posted his thoughts. Not every comment needs to have a whole fucking reference at the end. Have a word with yourself.

I'm looking forward to the 1060, if it is as good as being made out, will be a nice affordable upgrade.
    Really, the opinion defense? He made a specific claim with zero evidence to support it, I can make the claim that GeForce 1060 cards will have zero stock shortages and Nvidia will give a pony to everyone that buys one. It's just my opinion though so please don't call me out on my bullshit or anything cause that would just be rude.

- - - Updated - - -

1st Geforce 1060 review is in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_DUIzxErXc

... er wait.

Really, the opinion defense? He made a specific claim with zero evidence to support it, I can make the claim that GeForce 1060 cards will have zero stock shortages and Nvidia will give a pony to everyone that buys one. It's just my opinion though so please don't call me out on my bullshit or anything cause that would just be rude.
    New releases never go unnoticed. There are always drafts, customs information, store backlogs. You can always notice the pattern and somewhat reliably predict the release date. High-end Pascal card were not expected to be released that fast, at least 1.5-2 months later. GTX 1060 was predicted to be released late September the earliest based on those patterns.

I'm not implying that this will cause the same magnitude of problems as it happened with 1080/1070, but it very well can.

You mean the paper launch of the others in the family doesn't hint at anything?

The evidence is pretty clear. It was not originally planned to come out for quite some time(Sept?). Then the RX 480 comes out and we see benchmarks and suddenly the 1060 release gets moved up? They are rushing it out because the RX 480 has zero competition until it does.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Apparently you can't SLI the 1060.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED