Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    mines more of the "I spent 12 years in the service and deployed 3 times to earn the GI bill" mentality.

Bernie Bros wants the benefits of being a veterans without putting in the work.
    I think it's less "want what you got without the danger" and more "people shouldn't have to risk life and limb (and mental stability, as it often happens) for affordable education." I'm not personally okay with going the Starship Troopers route for pretty much anything, speaking in general terms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    mines more of the "I spent 12 years in the service and deployed 3 times to earn the GI bill" mentality.

Bernie Bros wants the benefits of being a veterans without putting in the work.
    Veteran of what? I don't want to be a veteran, I just want education so I can learn to mess with DNA and make glow in the dark cats. It's either glow in the dark cats or cure aging. I'm leaning on glowing cats, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Veteran of what? I don't want to be a veteran, I just want education so I can learn to mess with DNA and make glow in the dark cats. It's either glow in the dark cats or cure aging. I'm leaning on glowing cats, what do you think?
    Thats fine.

Either get some loans, scholarships, or grants to pay for your glowing cat hobby.

Which also happens to be cool as hell

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    You don't have to value it because better men face the ugly of the world so you can sit on the internet and virtue signal without ever putting your time, money or effort into anything you purport to believe in.
    Better men? You sat pretty on your ass and collected the same exact benefits the rest of the population is fighting for right now and now you want to pretend fighting a war for Halliburton's pockets makes you a man?

Again, what the fuck have YOU done to make you a unique, special snowflake, besides be a complete welfare sponge off the backs of your countrymen?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, ill retract the quality part. the problem many veterans are having is with timeliness of the care. dudes are literally dying waiting on care. that was the big debacle with the Phoenix VA. that people were dying while administrators were fudging the numbers to get bonuses.

To speak with someone regarding depression or anxiety, I have to wait 3-4 months, for physical care it can be 6 months. that's for anything.

Congratulations -- welcome to the rest of the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Well, if this goes through and I'm paying taxes for free college, I'm gonna go back and take some classes that interest me, dagnabbit.
    This is pretty much the end game most countries are trying to reach with their citizens' education. Want to learn something? No problem!
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Emjay18 View Post
    Better men? You sat pretty on your ass and collected the same exact benefits the rest of the population is fighting for right now and now you want to pretend fighting a war for Halliburton's pockets makes you a man?

Again, what the fuck have YOU done to make you a unique, special snowflake, besides be a complete welfare sponge off the backs of your countrymen?

- - - Updated - - -

Still having trouble staying on the topic at hand I see. As to the rest of what you've said. I've no need to justify myself to you. You are free to be an entitled, envious, ungrateful child all you want. Have a lovely day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    I think it's less "want what you got without the danger" and more "people shouldn't have to risk life and limb (and mental stability, as it often happens) for affordable education." I'm not personally okay with going the Starship Troopers route for pretty much anything, speaking in general terms.
    Oh as much as I think the culture might be benefited by the Starship Troopers model, I realize it it is a romantic fantasy. A government with that much power, especially one run by the military would likely abuse the shit out of that power. Better in the end to have a volunteer force that sees itself as accountable to the people and Constitution.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm all for glow in the dark cats. I don't trust those damn things and would love to be able to see them from a distance. While you're at it, could you make glow in the dark feminists too?

I'm much more enthusiastic about paying for glow in the dark cats than I am about paying for the continued subsidy of administrative positions that are little more than pointless sinecures. In the current environment, I think that increased education funding is very likely to increase the funding available for pointless sinecures without doing much for glow in the dark cats. If we want glow in the dark cats (and of course we do), we're better off targeting research funding than we are a general education slush fund.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raim Surion View Post
    Theres nothing wrong with higher taxes if you know what they're going towards and agree with it. Why would you not want a more educated workforce in your state?
    Likely because people wouldn't like their Tax money funding people doing Arts/Women studies degrees.

But hey if it helps people actually wanting to do something that will help society, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Likely because people wouldn't like their Tax money funding people doing Arts/Women studies degrees.

But hey if it helps people actually wanting to do something that will help society, why not.
    What's with the hate on Arts degrees? Various art majors have obvious application such as graphical art. The much-maligned Art History major is a degree that has significant rigor and I'd argue that it's quite important that a civilized society preserve and understand the knowledge and culture of the past. If education dollars are funneled to departments engaging in the preservation of culture, I would consider this a huge win for education.

Isn't this what Sanders supporters want? Don't you WANT someone to support your beliefs and desirable policies?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Isn't this what Sanders supporters want? Don't you WANT someone to support your beliefs and desirable policies?
    Yea, but if it's coming from Hillary everyone fears it is just lip service...

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post

People with college degrees are more educated than those without. Not defending a liberal arts degree (which aren't always worthless, and certainly isn't as valuable as a more technical degree), but if you have a college degree, at least that's something.

Also, you vastly overestimate the amount of women studies degrees, which are just a minority of those "art" degrees. Non-technical degrees do involve things like foreign policy, politics, law, social services, all very valuable assets to our society.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spodumene View Post
    Yea, but if it's coming from Hillary everyone fears it is just lip service...
    Why? Nobody is allowed to adapt? We have to be so rigid in our beliefs?

You people have no argument. You people just want to be right to be right so you can sit on your moral highhorse.

Quote Originally Posted by Raim Surion View Post
    Theres nothing wrong with higher taxes if you know what they're going towards and agree with it. Why would you not want a more educated workforce in your state?
    because college is a privledge and not a right.
    I don't want to pay higher taxes on everything (while my wage stays the same) for someone else.
    You want free college? You've had the ability to earn it for a long long time. Either through military service (the military is NOT CoD) or by getting very good grades in highschool while earning a scholarship.

Without Trump breathing down her evil neck, she'll promise anything. This will never pass congress.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    Jesus....why does every civilian think that everyone in the military is infantry? You realize less then 10% of people in the military ever see ANY combat? And the ones that do are the infantry who signed up to do just that. The Air Force and Navy do NOT send their people to go and kick in doors and get into firefights and the SEALS are not the whole Navy. They are small small spec ops force in the navy.. Hell most of the Army and even Marine Corps don't ever see ANY combat. Their are HUNDREDS of jobs in the military that will never ever ever ever ever ever ever have you anywhere near close to danger.
    Do some fucking research on the military before you think that literally everyone is involved in sort of CoD gameplay. Christ the ignorance......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emjay18 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Welfare, motherfucker? Welfare? No welfare is when you sit on your ass all fucking day and do NOTHING and get a WELFARE check from those who are doing something. The military works long shitty hours and gets shitty pay. They put their lives on the line for good people and even shit stains like you. They EARN their money through hard work, dedication, and sacrifice.. Know the difference you little hipster fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    No welfare is when you sit on your ass all fucking day and do NOTHING and get a WELFARE check from those who are doing something.
    Nope. Want to try again?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Hell most of the Army and even Marine Corps don't ever see ANY combat. Their are HUNDREDS of jobs in the military that will never ever ever ever ever ever ever have you anywhere near close to danger.
    +

They put their lives on the line for good people and even shit stains like you.
    seems like some cognitive dissonance.
    time is money - money is power - power corrupts

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm much more enthusiastic about paying for glow in the dark cats than I am about paying for the continued subsidy of administrative positions that are little more than pointless sinecures. In the current environment, I think that increased education funding is very likely to increase the funding available for pointless sinecures without doing much for glow in the dark cats. If we want glow in the dark cats (and of course we do), we're better off targeting research funding than we are a general education slush fund.
    Hey now, every college needs diversity advsors making 6 figures!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats fine.

Either get some loans, scholarships, or grants to pay for your glowing cat hobby.

Which also happens to be cool as hell
    But I don't want to be in debt. This wouldn't be such a big deal if I could teach myself and people would give me the time of day. But no, I need a degree that requires loans, scholarships, or grants.

BTW glowing cats is the first step. Next is penis enlargement, as well as breast enlargement. Not both done for the same person, unless people want both. And then there's the hunt for a gene that can grow blue hair, which is extremely rare in the animal kingdom. Don't know about pink hair, but if there's a will there's a way.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus....why does every civilian think that everyone in the military is infantry?
    I don't. Doesn't mean it's not dangerous for everyone sometime. I don't know what CoD gameplay looks like so I can't really compare. However, all of that doesn't negate my point that not having to bequeath several years of your life to military service in exchange for affordable college probably isn't a bad thing. Not everything is for everyone. My best friend who went in took great benefit of the personal growth opportunity and largely had a very positive experience. I probably wouldn't have passed basic, and if I had everything else likely would have been a huge uphill struggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.