Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Oh get over yourself. Gangs in the USA distribute drugs, the 'war on drugs' targets distribution more than use, the most prolific gangs in the USA since the 80's are the bloods and crips who are, surprise, African American gangs. I'd really love to find how many jailing are for possession with intent to distribute and pull them out of the numbers to see how much that really does skew them.
    Oh get over yourself, because I am sure the Southern Strategy exists.

It's the platform of Republicans.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Oh get over yourself. Gangs in the USA distribute drugs, the 'war on drugs' targets distribution more than use, the most prolific gangs in the USA since the 80's are the bloods and crips who are, surprise, African American gangs. I'd really love to find how many jailing are for possession with intent to distribute and pull them out of the numbers to see how much that really does skew them.
    What about those biker gangs? I heard they're pretty good in drug dealing, too.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Oh get over yourself, because I am sure the Southern Strategy exists.

It's the platform of Republicans.
    You got something better and more relevant than shit from the civil rights era? Your own link even states the RNC apologised for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    What about those biker gangs? I heard they're pretty good in drug dealing, too.
    They are, the president of the banditos actually lived just north of me in conroe Texas an was recently arrested along with a handful of high ranking members across texas.

You got something better and more relevant than shit from the civil rights era? Your own link even states the RNC apologised for it.
    Yeah well, they apologized for it and are still using it to this very day.

So if I keep chucking shit at you, halfway doing it apologize and then continue doing it, does that mean I am no longer chucking shit at you? Get a grip.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah well, they apologized for it and are still using it to this very day.

So if I keep chucking shit at you, halfway doing it apologize and then continue doing it, does that mean I am no longer chucking shit at you? Get a grip.
    Actually got to reading more of your link..

Valentino and Sears conducted their own study and reported that "the South's shift to the Republican party has been driven to a significant degree by racial conservatism" and also concluded that "racial conservatism seems to continue to be central to the realignment of Southern whites' partisanship since the Civil Rights era".[92] Political scientists and historians point out, that the timing does not fit the "Southern strategy" model. Nixon carried 49 states in 1972, so he operated a successful national rather than regional strategy. but the Republican Party remained quite weak at the local, and state level across the entire South for decades.

Stop living in the past of this institutional racism boogieman.

Deleted
    Thug culture which Blacks are very good at probably does yeah.

Can you blame people?

Actually got to reading more of your link..
    Stop living in the past of this institutional racism boogieman.
    Because it's not in the past:

Thomas Edge argues that the election of President Barack Obama saw a new type of Southern strategy emerge among conservative voters, and that his election is utilized as evidence of a post-racial era to deny the need of continued civil rights legislation, while simultaneously playing on racial tensions and marking him as a "racial bogeyman".[81] Edge described three parts to this phenomenon saying:
    "First, according to the arguments, a nation that has the ability to elect a Black president is completely free of racism. Second, attempts to continue the remedies enacted after the civil rights movement will only result in more racial discord, demagoguery, and racism against White Americans. Third, these tactics are used side-by-side with the veiled racism and coded language of the original Southern Strategy."
    [81]

Other observers have suggested that the election of President Obama in the 2008 presidential election and subsequent re-election in 2012 signaled the growing irrelevance of the southern strategy-style tactics. Louisiana State University political scientists Wayne Parent, for example, suggested that Obama's ability to get elected without the support of southern states demonstrate that the regions was moving from "the center of the political universe to being an outside player in presidential politics,"[75] while University of Maryland, Baltimore County political scientist Thomas Schaller argued that the Republican party had "marginalized" itself, becoming a "mostly regional party" through a process of Southernization.[75]
    Hint: I wasn't talking about Nixon, but of today. The one harping on the past is you, I am talking about the Southern Strategy, in it's modern iteration, today.

No, pride and ignorance cause racism. The media perpetuates it. The rest of humanity, in all of it's glorious stupidity, just makes up excuses for it. We really are just a simple and narrow minded species.

No its not culture.

Its human nature to fear things that are different. Its a lack of intelligence and selfishness that keeps people from getting passed that. To get away from that way of thinking it takes change and conservatives literally by definition, tend to resist change.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

7+ Year Old Account
    Because it's not in the past:

Hint: I wasn't talking about Nixon, but of today. The one harping on the past is you, I am talking about the Southern Strategy, in it's modern iteration, today.
    The only thing this Thomas Edge is noted for is that publication, there is little else about that guy anywhere. To assume that he is anything less than biased isn't a far stretch. Some digging shows he is a random white dude from NJ that is a PhD in African American studies.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it could.

Cops get sick of the Thug Culture so get edgy around the largest demographic of Thug Culture in America.

Culture and society both indirectly cause racism in a way but it's hard to pinpoint what really causes it.

Society is generally the root cause because we tend to create unrealistic standards for minorities and immigrants. These problems tend to start in childhood because a lot of minorties and immigrants can't simply assimilate into our culture. Some cultures allow their children to run around screaming in public, to a North American we consider this behaviour unacceptable. The problem generally begins in a school setting where the standards for public schools are sit down and shut up, raise your hand to answer, and be quiet. To the youth who don't know any different because of where or how they were raised, they can't fit into our system. Obviously this isn't true to all but a vast majority get mislabeled as having ADD, ADHD and a pattern of misbehaviour begins due to them not being able to fit into our system. This pattern develops from misbehaviour to crime as the only people they can fit in with usually are people going through exactly the same thing. It's easy for gangs to lure these children in because gangs can offer these children something they haven't felt, which is companionship and a place where they fit in. It started when black and aboriginal people (Canada) were considered second class citizens. These racial minorties generally tend to be lower income because of the social struggles they have been dealing with for years. Being lower income comes with problems of its own, such as parents not being able to properly offer their children love due to working 60 hours a week because one parent is out of the picture. This mixed with the fact they can't follow middle class norms ie the sit down and shut up and the expectations we place on them as youth, makes them very susceptible to exploitation. Criminal organizations tend to be extremely aware of this and, groups of these youth even forms unorganized youth crime groups and later filter into an organized group. This is the sole purpose for minority overrepresentstion in the criminal justice system. As most people know you form your own idea of the world at a very young age, and it slightly changes as you grow but remains relatively the same. That being said a pattern of this occurrence over time would cause parents who are involved in criminal behaviour to simply raise their children as such without even knowing. We are so hardwired by what we learn as youth, that in order for this the change we would need to restructure the way we deal with youth who don't fit our middle class values. The mix of all of the above also can cause psychological issues which as we know a majority of the people involved in the criminal justice system have at least one form of mental illness. Which is an entirely different conversation but briefly summed up we segregate people with mental illness just as much as we segregate criminals, and minorities who fail to follow social norms. Back to the main point, we as a culture completely separate ourselves labelling these people as crazy, thugs, drunks, drug addicts, and trailer trash for the white people who fall under the same social issues. So while I don't believe culture creates "racism" I believe culture contributes to create the segregation from society as a whole which caused this whole police hate minorties and BLM issue. The truth is police don't hate black people, obviously some racist cops do but the vast majority are good hearted people who want to help.

Speaking from experience it's heartbreaking to see minority youth who have no criminal record immediately start carrying weapons, selling drugs, stealing or completing break and enters around 12-16 because they were lured into a criminal lifestyle. Black, white, aboriginal or middle eastern, doesn't matter it's horrible watching kids fall into a criminal lifestyle, doesn't matter how much you try to help sometimes as they are too far gone.

Will this ever change? Who knows, but I think black lives matter is doing a horrible job trying to fix the problem as they themselves are part of the issue at this point. While most people who are in black lives matter are good people, just like most cops are good people, both sides are beginning to breed a dislike for each other which spreads to a hatred. Thus you get issues where police shoot black folks out of fear and you get black folks assassinating cops. It's unfair to blame cops as they are literally just following societal norms just like everyone else in our culture. The root of the problem isn't caused by cops, so for black lives matter to say it is is ridiculous anyone with an education in social sciences should be completely aware of what actually causes minority groups to be overrepresented in our criminal justice systems. Before anyone calls me a libtard or a bleeding heart liberal I'm born and raised conservative and pro enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    Here's your facts:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UMYh_vTr0w

In Philly black police officers were nearly twice as likely as white police officers to shoot an unarmed black. So are all these black police officers just "blind racists" (as you put it) to other blacks?
    It has been said quite a few times that officers are the race blue, behind a blue wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    in 2015, there were 1534 shootings by white cops against unarmed black people. Majority of these were in poorer areas of the USA.

Do you think it is blind Racism by whites against blacks? or...

Do you think that these white police officers see the upbringing of african-americans in these poor areas and know they are all struggling to make ends meet. Therefore making their actions unpredictable when attemping to pull them over or talk etc.

This ultimately leads to a scared police officer who has a gun and any slight action from the unarmed african-american is going to send them into a fight or flight mode in which they obviously use the gun against that unarmed person.
    how many of these unarmed black people were actually criminals resisting arrest?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Black culture in America breeds racism better than anyone else in modern times, yes.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well there is a combination of issues, one is that the police have a tendency to selectively enforce laws in certain neighborhoods, usually targeting poorer areas that cannot say fight back in court or challange tickets, arrests or rulings because of lack of resources. It is easier to harass the poor.

Police actually have to make quota's of stops and arrests, actually a police officer who patrols neighborhoods that are peaceful are actually punished for not making these quotas.

Furthermore you have a privatized prison system that in some cases has contractual obligations from the state, or I should say the police are contractually obligated to ensure a certain number of cells are filled.

The police are going to predator upon the black community to fulfill their many demands because....
    A) America has a low perception of black people, so the country won't get too morally outraged, after all American's see black people as "thugs," anyway.
    B) Black people are the poorest and least able to afford a legal defense, even if the charges are complete BS its easier to get a conviction and an arrest.
    C) These communities are poor and crimes of desperation are more common.
    D) So many things are technically illegal that cops can really arrest anyone on anything and as long as that person lacks the financial resources to fight it, the cops can get away with anything.
    E) The DA's will always run protection for bad cops, as will the officers Union.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Why does hate has to be automatically racial? It is perfectly possible to hate culture irrespective of race - lots of people do it.

Hate redneck culture? Hate atheists/fanatics? Hate commies? Hate thugs? Or hell, even "hate cops"? Doesn't have to be racial - up to deadly force kind of hatred can easily be non-race-related. Lots of religious conflicts in Europe in middle ages were non-racial - that didn't stop people from dying in them.

Some cultures are more common with certain races in certain places/situations, so generalizations/expectations obviously happen to those who deal with them a lot; but "opposing culture" is often graver offence then "opposing race".

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Well there is a combination of issues, one is that the police have a tendency to selectively enforce laws in certain neighborhoods, usually targeting poorer areas that cannot say fight back in court or challange tickets, arrests or rulings because of lack of resources. It is easier to harass the poor.

Police actually have to make quota's of stops and arrests, actually a police officer who patrols neighborhoods that are peaceful are actually punished for not making these quotas.

Furthermore you have a privatized prison system that in some cases has contractual obligations from the state, or I should say the police are contractually obligated to ensure a certain number of cells are filled.

The police are going to predator upon the black community to fulfill their many demands because....
    A) America has a low perception of black people, so the country won't get too morally outraged, after all American's see black people as "thugs," anyway.
    B) Black people are the poorest and least able to afford a legal defense, even if the charges are complete BS its easier to get a conviction and an arrest.
    C) These communities are poor and crimes of desperation are more common.
    D) So many things are technically illegal that cops can really arrest anyone on anything and as long as that person lacks the financial resources to fight it, the cops can get away with anything.
    E) The DA's will always run protection for bad cops, as will the officers Union.
    Of course police have selective enforcement on a high crime area, this true also for predominately white neighbourhoods as well.

And yes it's true that police essentially target black people, but it's not because of an easy conviction. 90% of cops don't give a shit if the crown or the DA drops their charges or make deals. The flaw within the courts with minorities being easily convictable has nothing to do with the police. Police are just enforcing easy to catch and convict crimes, most police officers have no idea how to prepare a fraud case in court because of complexity. Which is why rich people who money launder tend to get off with nothing when arrested by police and not FBI, or a government agent trained to do so. Police have high enforcement on high crime areas which happen to contain to be mostly high minority populated areas. Our justice system is based on deterrence which clearly doesn't work or people wouldn't be sentenced to death so often.

10+ Year Old Account
    race threads arent allowed, and thats really the only direction this thread can go

closing