Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Did you forget that 1000 kills is... surprise surprise... 19 years and 3 months if you farm Karazhan on single character every reset? It's still almost 2 years for 10 characters.

I usually give up after about 300 kills then just cap that mount on BMAH if possible. It's just too annoying doing it again and again and again for months and years.
    Tell me about it, Im on 300 odd runs (more if you throw in alt runs, previous attempts on old mains) for the barons mount across 6 years, (maybe not that many runs for time spent) and I've given up, if I had the gold to cap it on the BMAH I would in a heart beat

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Tell me about it, Im on 300 odd runs (more if you throw in alt runs, previous attempts on old mains) for the barons mount across 6 years, (maybe not that many runs for time spent) and I've given up, if I had the gold to cap it on the BMAH I would in a heart beat
    Yeah, effort done for nothing then, I would NEVER pay a copper in your situation, I'd insist, especially since drop rate is reasonable.

As for script, it's 953 needed, plus you got lucky with 3 realms and so many mounts, I consider myself lucky too to get nalak, sha, plagued and tiger with 6-8 realms checked since january, however no script used but maybe you've been at it for longer than me, or with more accounts, I've been checking mostly with 1, only recently with 2, chance is ofc far lower on the realms you have to relog to check.

And as for alani, no, it's not a scam the ones selling it for 10-20k in mop, I got it for 20k, only went for it cause I had 1,1 mil or something like it and only had 1 skyshard (not even farmed), so I said, I can easily make these 20k back farming raids (wasn't really playing ah back then), so let's give it a shot, and it wasn't a scammer, he got the money, pulled mob, made me ML and I got it.

Not surprising that the amount has increased, but still bmah is not the best way for it, I have seen it for only 50-100k even in wod in trade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    1 key 1 action refers to in-combat spells and has nothing to do with lua. As long as there's an Event to scan you can update the BMAH window, check through the items and put a maxbid
    so can you tell me the "addon" or the lua code? or top secret?

Deleted
    I'm really curious how high the bids will go now that the million gold cap will be removed from the BMAH.. anyone has estimations?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    How can anyone estimate that? Depends on the players at auction spawn time, their capital and the items they search. No doubt the multimillionaires will drop the new cap on unobtainable items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadesmar View Post
    I'm really curious how high the bids will go now that the million gold cap will be removed from the BMAH.. anyone has estimations?
    Honestly, imagine you have 10m Gold. You surely know how hard the journey was to get all that gold, unless you didn't sold mythic Archimond runs or did 200 CM carries. There might people spending all of it at once, like people spending goldcap on invincible in MoP, but most of them might regret this today, because of how easy it is today to get it.

Bidding 2m or 3m, or even 5m is already alot of gold and it is highly doubtful, that there are 10 people with 10m gold bidding on one item. I think there will be alot of guildbank transfers for the typical rare mounts, because paying 25€ for a transfer and bidding 5m gold on a dead server is much more efficient, than capping for 10m, even if you get outbidded after the transfer.

You also have to remember, that people with alot of gold are also spending alot of gold right now, means you don't farm 10m gold and stop. you farm the gold while spending a goldcap here and there on the BMAH.

In the end, it will be a "true" bidwar. there won't be any "who enters goldcap first" anymore.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    Honestly, imagine you have 10m Gold. You surely know how hard the journey was to get all that gold, unless you didn't sold mythic Archimond runs or did 200 CM carries. There might people spending all of it at once, like people spending goldcap on invincible in MoP, but most of them might regret this today, because of how easy it is today to get it.

Bidding 2m or 3m, or even 5m is already alot of gold and it is highly doubtful, that there are 10 people with 10m gold bidding on one item. I think there will be alot of guildbank transfers for the typical rare mounts, because paying 25€ for a transfer and bidding 5m gold on a dead server is much more efficient, than capping for 10m, even if you get outbidded after the transfer.

You also have to remember, that people with alot of gold are also spending alot of gold right now, means you don't farm 10m gold and stop. you farm the gold while spending a goldcap here and there on the BMAH.

In the end, it will be a "true" bidwar. there won't be any "who enters goldcap first" anymore.
    There are many people with 10+ million gold. These can easily bidcap. I belong to that group, but i already have all unobtainable things from BMAH, so i don't need to. The rest of millionaires (range 1-15million g) probably will not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    There are many people with 10+ million gold. These can easily bidcap. I belong to that group, but i already have all unobtainable things from BMAH, so i don't need to. The rest of millionaires (range 1-15million g) probably will not.
    As a reply to both of you, i cant think of anything i would bid all my gold on. Sitting on 6 mil atm.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    If i had 40 million gold and not an unobtainable mount, like ZG tiger or Raptor, i'd definitely drop a 10 mill bidcap. Both cases don't apply to me, so i won't drop one either.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dasquee View Post
    -bid-
    Panic cloud serpent bid strikes again :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shadesmar View Post
    There are players with 10M+ gold right now. Who knows how many, but there are some.

I'm sure there will be some items that someone will just cap at whatever the new BMAH cap is to ensure they get the item.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    If i had 40 million gold and not an unobtainable mount, like ZG tiger or Raptor, i'd definitely drop a 10 mill bidcap. Both cases don't apply to me, so i won't drop one either.
    It will only be 9.530.000 needed btw, allow me to say since it's not like 500k are stuff to throw away.

However you just said you have over 15 mil at least and have all unobtainables, you make a good point, I mean, in early wod or even mop for the unobtainables that were already in, it was very easy for the super rich to cap items, because without their cap, they normally would go for 200k or so (on low pops), so what I'm saying is people who really can bid cap now probably already got all, because they had 1 mil far earlier than others.

Myself, 17 mil +, I wouldn't really cap galleon or raptor, the last 2 I need, so I just chose to make 5 mil on lots of realms, if it's not enough that day I don't get it.

I'm thinking it would normally be enough, but the transfer thing is a problem, whoever has 10 mil + on a single realm and still needs a mount might transfer anywhere to cap, not sure this allowing to transfer up to 10 mil is fair.

Also

I'm sure stuff like this will go down in legion, this bid has nothing to do with "it's worth 954k" but more like "I want it at all costs!".
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2016-07-08 at 03:16 PM.

1 key 1 action refers to in-combat spells and has nothing to do with lua. As long as there's an Event to scan you can update the BMAH window, check through the items and put a maxbid
    I'm not sure why lua is being brought up, but a no action - 1 action addon is against blizzard terms even out of combat. TSM was forced to change for previously allowing you do thousands of clicks in 1 solely related to the AH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    300k? I got mine for 7k..
    7k for the Alani mount? I gave five away as presents, one for my wife, the other four went to guildies.

Well yes, that was before they increased the respawn timer and nerfed the drop rates.
    I don't even remember anymore why I was running in circles killing everything, well, some mindless grinding and the
    gold was good by itself. :-)

To the topic, I usually see all mounts that appear on the BMHA beeing gold-capped already and most
    of the times with mounts that just drop somewhere.
    And from these that drop I already have most, I prefer getting some gold for the chance of getting a mount instead of putting a buckload of gold out to just buy it.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'm not sure why lua is being brought up, but a no action - 1 action addon is against blizzard terms even out of combat. TSM was forced to change for previously allowing you do thousands of clicks in 1 solely related to the AH.
    Multiple AH auction functions are now protected or require hardware trigger. The specific change TSM applied in the past I think was about removing button names on Post/Cancel/Reset to avoid people using third party programs to easily cancel and relist while afk.

BMAH share no function or event with the normal AH and you can definitely have a 1 press macro that refreshes, checks all the items and caps any item you want. Since those functions are not protected and there are 7 Events for the BMAH I'm positive at least one of them is triggered when new items are added, allowing the process to be fully automated. Will test and report in the future ^_^

Multiple AH auction functions are now protected or require hardware trigger. The specific change TSM applied in the past I think was about removing button names on Post/Cancel/Reset to avoid people using third party programs to easily cancel and relist while afk.

BMAH share no function or event with the normal AH and you can definitely have a 1 press macro that refreshes, checks all the items and caps any item you want. Since those functions are not protected and there are 7 Events for the BMAH I'm positive at least one of them is triggered when new items are added, allowing the process to be fully automated. Will test and report in the future ^_^
    Ofcourse you can program it, the point is you can also get banned for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I just can't wait to make money off of all the people who wasted their time doing a billion characters on their garrisons every day, these people think stuff will be cheap? All the people who did next to nothing like me will be making tons off of you when you have to buy mats for thousands of gold a stack, and BoE's for 100k a piece.

You can easily do it, only hardware function is the one which bids, which is enough for one cap. That is, you can go afk and win easily. I suggest keeping the code for yourself though unless you are confident you have best ping on server.

And yes, there might be a slightly selfish motive in my recommendation

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Ofcourse you can program it, the point is you can also get banned for it.
    I thought "within the Blizzard API limits" was implicit

One of you BMAH campers write /etrace and let me know if a BLACK_MARKET_ event is triggered at 23:30 with the BMAH window opened and no interaction
    @Soulstorm: I know you can do everything with just one click, I already do that. I was trying to move it one step forward. Are you sure C_BlackMarket.ItemPlaceBid is flagged hardware?