Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    I was playing with AR on my friends sony phone, and it's a gimmick at best, everyone that I know who plays it turned it off after a few hours of playing, when you are out and about, the last thing you want is yet another element on your phone, burning even more battery.
    Or getting punched in the face for aiming your camera at someone's crotch

Deleted
    I prefer playing without AR. When you have AR turned on the pokemon shuffle about if you move your phone, which is just a bother for catching.

I still like the AR option though. I'll turn it on from time to time to make funny pictures or whatever, but not when I'm just playing

I only use the AR to get amusing pictures of the pokemon. I don't use it for actual catching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    The only thing that's 100% certain, is that as you level up, you catch pokemon with higher potential. Evolve only those that are maxed out (the white bar) or almost maxed out, to safe resources.

A friend was lvl 11, I was lvl 13. Sitting in the same spot, he kept catching pokemon a lot lower in power and potential than I did. His Raticate was 311, mine roughly 450, at the same % of the white bar.
    That's because a Pokémon's max CP is capped by trainer level. Which means that every time you level up, you can further strengthen your Pokémon by boosting it one or two times. Not sure if there is a cap on trainer level, but there is this guy with a 9k CP Pokémon who is over level 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    That's because a Pokémon's max CP is capped by trainer level. Which means that every time you level up, you can further strengthen your Pokémon by boosting it one or two times. Not sure if there is a cap on trainer level, but there is this guy with a 9k CP Pokémon who is over level 30.
    The maximum potential increases with levels? Hm.. I'll have to check that out. I thought cp increase throughlevels only applied to the pokemon caught at that (higher) level.

15+ Year Old Account
    Drove twelve miles to the nearest town from my own, looks like I found a gym at a auto shot, and I think I spotted a couple pokestops. I was pressed for time so all i managed to do was catch a dodou before I had to go. Weird thing is, there were two other pokemon for me to catch when I got the doduo and it wouldn't let me catch them. Hell I couldn't even adjust the view after I caught it.

They need to do something about the login. I finally gave up on PTC, and started using my gmail which is just of a big pain in my ass because of always needing to log in plus the two-step verification. I also don't like that the audio settings aren't saved, nothing like opening the game in a quiet space and being blasted with music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    The maximum potential increases with levels? Hm.. I'll have to check that out. I thought cp increase throughlevels only applied to the pokemon caught at that (higher) level.
    No it keeps growing every time the trainer hits a new level. Whenever I try to boost a pokémon which is close to cap, I get a message saying I can not boost anymore because I need to become a higher level. Then after I reach a new level I can boost a few times again before getting the same message.

No it keeps growing every time the trainer hits a new level. Whenever I try to boost a pokémon which is close to cap, I get a message saying I can not boost anymore because I need to become a higher level. Then after I reach a new level I can boost a few times again before getting the same message.
    Yeah I know that message, I just took that as a different kind of cap. That's all good though, I'll likely still try to simply catch them as high as possible, to avoid wasting so many training resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone seen even a rumor of when the PTC site will be back up?
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

So after my salty tirade last night, Arceus took pity on me, and gave me 3 pokemon on my morning dog walk. I got a Pidgey who I just transferred for the candies. I also got a Paras name Humphrey. I wanted to name it Joel/Ellie from The Last of Us but it wouldn't let me, so I had to name it after the Casablanca actor who said, "At least we'll always have Paras," or something like that. My final, and most exciting catch was a Growlithe. I saw it on my nearby list last night but never actually found 1. Arcanine is one of my favorite gen 1 pokemon, so I was ecstatic when I found one!

When you get out of work just in time for the servers to crash.

#pokemonsotriggering
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to say the launch has been disastrous, but it's getting there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    To be perfectly honest, the launch is probably only as bad as it is because people outside the intended launch areas are also logging in, adding a ton of stress to the servers. Granted they could have probably saw this coming but given the game isn't "officially" launched everywhere, i would say at least give it a week to settle down.

Too many people logging in is probably the best reason to have a disastrous launch though.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    To be perfectly honest, the launch is probably only as bad as it is because people outside the intended launch areas are also logging in, adding a ton of stress to the servers. Granted they could have probably saw this coming but given the game isn't "officially" launched everywhere, i would say at least give it a week to settle down.
    Exactly; The amount of naivety by only blocking other-regional stores is literally *rolleyes*. How corporations, big corporations since Nintendo probably had a frontrow seat on this launch, keep making amateur decisions like these is completely beyond me.

And I thank them from the bottom of my heart.

7+ Year Old Account
    At this point I just assume things will be wonky for a week with stuff like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    At this point I just assume things will be wonky for a week with stuff like this.
    Yeah and then it gets released in more parts of the world only to have it back to square 1 again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and then it gets released in more parts of the world only to have it back to square 1 again.
    I have patience.

It's a crazy concept in this day and age, I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    Too many people logging in is probably the best reason to have a disastrous launch though.
    Oh definitely, but since the game is F2P it can be bad also. Too many issues may cause people to walk away from the game, hurting in the long run.
    We'll see though
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Oh definitely, but since the game is F2P it can be bad also. Too many issues may cause people to walk away from the game, hurting in the long run.
    We'll see though
    I don't think it'll ever do bad, ingress is a very similar concept and that never really took off. Change portals with pokemon and you have a global success overnight.