Page 86 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    That can't be said a lot better.
    And that's what I meant, when I said to address the problem instead of ignoring it.
    Because the flare spikes are getting ever higher every time they happen.

I'm the last person that condones violence.
    But I also don't easily discard people that lash out as extremists.
    By now one thing should be obvious even for the dumbest cookie in the shelf.
    That situation is not solved with Cumbaya and a lot of talking alone if it isn't accepted that there are in fact racial inequalities.
    Societal problem solving is the key, yes indeed.
    Things like how nearly half of all incarcerations are drug related.
    How white people are the relative lowest group, while it's established historic fact that the drug laws are all based on racist grounds.
    That's easy to research. Things like that.
    Things that lead to ghettoization are responsible for violence outbreaks.
    Kick your dog repeatedly, and you watch how he eventually bites you.
    That's the same principle here too.
    Instead of attacking people of color that lash out, one should address the issues, why they lash out.
    Ignore the extreme reactions, and dive into the core of the issues.
    But, unfortunately, it doesn't look good for that approach.
    The diversity right now is so immense. The gap is so wide.
    Hostility everywhere you look.
    Politicians fueling it every single day.
    Instead of trying to accomplish unity, they've created a foundation of hatred, and build up on it, day after day after day.
    That's what I see happening.
    Agreed. Too many people think this is a one way street and only the cops are to blame for these problems.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Find a way to make cops less afraid of blacks. It's fear that's getting a lot of people shot, why are cops afraid of black people?

On the other side, better psych evals for cops, look at that cop in the Minneapolis shooting of the car passenger, you can tell he's terrified. He's too high strung to be a cop.

The black community has to stop treating black cops like traitors.

People in this country have to realize that cops shooting/brutalizing black people is a very old problem dating back to at least WWI. It's a problem that flairs up every 20 years, usually with riots, and goes away but we should work on solving it or reducing the effects for everyone involved.
    Cops are not afraid of just black people. This notion that if they were white it wouldnt have happened is pure arm chair quarterbacking. More white people are killed by cops then blacks. You dont hear about it because the victim is white, there is no race card to play.

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    Or maybe they want to know why they are under arrest? idk. maybe.
    So what is the plan, to resist arrest? Tell me how often that works out? Show me one instance where someone resisting arrest was let go because the cop just didnt want to deal with a difficult person.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Oh what's that? The vast majority of people in the military are good people? We shouldn't blame the actions of one man on an organization that he belongs to?
    You wouldn't be the person who wants to revoke the rights of millions of Americans based on the actions of a few Americans, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Wonder if the POI guy from early on learned his lesson about walking around with an assault riffle at a non-NRA function.

Yeah its his right, but why walk around with an assault riffle at a BLM event. Was he trying to show it off, make cops/people nervous or fear him?

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    It can't as it's not an acutal organization... Just an idea behind a hashtag. Anything else you've heard is fiction created by racist scumbags.
    #BLM didn't commit the crime, because it's an idea. #BLM created the justification for the criminal to commit the crime.

This cannot be disputed, because as an idea, each individual in #BLM owns their own version of what that idea justifies in their actions. Just because your vision of #BLM is a peaceful one, does not mean #BLM is peaceful. #BLM as an idea is neither peaceful nor reckful, it is a destination with no path paved.

We're at point A, #BLM is point B, and everyone who believes in the idea will pave their own way there until some type of leadership takes it up and makes it more than an idea. Until someone owns it and it turns into a path forward. This is what Hillary was asking of those #BLM supporters in the backroom during her primary.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    #BLM didn't commit the crime, because it's an idea.
    It is an organization.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Since the shooter belonged to the military, is OK if we blame them as well? For arming and training this man. Teaching him how to kill.

Oh what's that? The vast majority of people in the military are good people? We shouldn't blame the actions of one man on an organization that he belongs to?
    BOOM!!!! the sound of their logic crumbling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    You wouldn't be the person who wants to revoke the rights of millions of Americans based on the actions of a few Americans, would you?

That depends.
    Rights? Maybe not..
    Limitation of freedoms, narrowing them somewhat to safe the lives of hundreds of millions? Any given day.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post

Boy, you're just full of cute one-liners in this thread, aren't you?

Do we really have to devolve into a discussion on firearm regulation, and how it's different from blaming BLM for this shooting? I'd rather not.
    Eat yo vegetables

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    You think beat cops have a say in what happens higher up? You think all cops are abusive?

You are literally delusional and you are publicly supporting domestic terrorism in the USA.
    buddy get it in your head where in my first post did i say i support these killing ?enlighten me cause i only said karma hit them back. besides the cops that are abusive cunts are the ones that give bad to decent officers who actually follow the law, however the reason i said that its karma because you never know what kind of abusive cunt the officers were and karma hit them back. so what if i live in australia that doesn't matter at all but knowing how cops operate against non white people for example by killing them left and right while a white dude over there rarely dies by the cops shows that they are racially targeting minorities most of the time. Get some motherfucking glasses.
    Last edited by chrykoolaid; 2016-07-08 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrykoolaid View Post
    Yknowing how cops operate against non white people for example by killing them left and right while a white dude over there rarely dies by the cops shows that they are racially targeting minorities most of the time. Get some motherfucking glasses.
    You've already proven you don't know what you're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Cops are not afraid of just black people. This notion that if they were white it wouldnt have happened is pure arm chair quarterbacking. More white people are killed by cops then blacks. You dont hear about it because the victim is white, there is no race card to play.

Also don't forget there is no money involved if there is no race card, news are all over these because its a hot topic that is exasperated from previous news reports as well as our history. News outlets rake in money by reporting these with ratings and advertisements.

Do we really have to devolve into a discussion on firearm regulation, and how it's different from blaming BLM for this shooting? I'd rather not.
    You don't have to respond. I find the hypocritical rationale hilarious, others might as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

-snip-
    People forget that Malcolm X's movement was happening at the same time as MLK's, a movement which specifically advocated violence against whites. And there was a great debate in the black community about which approach was right. Ultimately, some people say Malcolm X pushed white people to accept MLK more readily, because they were willing to invest in MLK's dream to avoid Malcolm's nightmare (Malcolm X once famously said, "Dr King may have a dream, but I see a nightmare.") And Malcolm, before he was assassinated, eventually came over to MLK's point of view, because he realized he was being propped up by white racists as a reason to not support black rights and the peaceful protests of MLK. And then he was killed by his own people, for capitulating.

The black civil rights movement constantly had to press the idea that minorities had to be better than their white counterparts. If they wanted to push for equality, they had to be better than them. Read James Cone's Martin & Malcolm & America, it's a pretty good read. I think BLM has to press that issue further, and move away from anger and divisiveness in their speech, even if they aren't specifically promoting violence. MLK used to say that speech had the potential to be violent, as well, and the true believer in non-violence never spoke violently.

Fast forward to 2016:
    These movements now are much more meshed, and less distinct. There are no clear leaders on both sides, but instead you have a decentralized movement with hundreds of thousands of people who can be attributed as "members" without ever doing anything, who have no standard of research or measuredness, etc. And it exists on the right as well. Social media has become an echo chamber for the ignorant to perpetuate ideas which should normally just die in the marketplace of ideas. You can use a hastag #BLM or #BlackLivesMatter and suddenly be a spokesperson for a movement even if you've never left your house in support of the movement. And some of these kids say the same shit Malcolm X said, except in an even less educated way. And BLM, a movement that is multi-cultural and trying to be peaceful, is held as violent and racist because of the traction idiots with access to a global stage get, because then the idiots on the other side can cherry pick a dozen tweets out of hundreds of thousands and paint with wide strokes. I'm sure in the 60s, there were young black youth who would have said the same thing as some of the these kids, but they didn't have the ability to broadcast that ignorant opinion to the whole world and be used as a weapon against the movement at large.

It's kind of a mess, social media is involved in it, but it's a larger problem of a general shallowness of discourse.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    Wonder if the POI guy from early on learned his lesson about walking around with an assault riffle at a non-NRA function.

Yeah its his right, but why walk around with an assault riffle at a BLM event. Was he trying to show it off, make cops/people nervous or fear him?
    I understand the point people are trying to make with this, but its like people think he had any knowledge what was about to happen. Why should his right to carry (that people love to defend any other time) be diminished because of this situation?

Since the shooter belonged to the military, is OK if we blame them as well? For arming and training this man. Teaching him how to kill.

They also gave him training on who to kill, on why and when to kill, a code and an oath to follow, all of which he betrayed. He is a piece of shit of a human being, and honestly, that's a big umbrella, with plenty of room for people who want to say this was made possible because he was in the Army reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    I understand the point people are trying to make with this, but its like people think he had any knowledge what was about to happen. Why should his right to carry (that people love to defend any other time) be diminished because of this situation?
    It has nothing to do with his right, the question is because he can should he have brought it why not just wear a NRA shirt? Was he trying to show it off, make cops/people nervous or fear him? Do you think he walks to the corner market or to starbucks with an assault riffle.

It's not about diminishing his right to carry, its about common sense of not carrying an assault riffle to an already heated/tense situation.

While i don't own a fire arm i am all for the 2nd amendment, but people should use common sense when exercising their rights.

That can't be said a lot better.
    And that's what I meant, when I said to address the problem instead of ignoring it.
    Because the flare spikes are getting ever higher every time they happen.

I'm the last person that condones violence.
    But I also don't easily discard people that lash out as extremists.
    By now one thing should be obvious even for the dumbest cookie in the shelf.
    That situation is not solved with Cumbaya and a lot of talking alone if it isn't accepted that there are in fact racial inequalities.
    Societal problem solving is the key, yes indeed.
    Things like how nearly half of all incarcerations are drug related.
    How white people are the relative lowest group, while it's established historic fact that the drug laws are all based on racist grounds.
    That's easy to research. Things like that.
    Things that lead to ghettoization are responsible for violence outbreaks.
    Kick your dog repeatedly, and you watch how he eventually bites you.
    That's the same principle here too.
    Instead of attacking people of color that lash out, one should address the issues, why they lash out.
    Ignore the extreme reactions, and dive into the core of the issues.
    But, unfortunately, it doesn't look good for that approach.
    The diversity right now is so immense. The gap is so wide.
    Hostility everywhere you look.
    Politicians fueling it every single day.
    Instead of trying to accomplish unity, they've created a foundation of hatred, and build up on it, day after day after day.
    That's what I see happening.
    It doesnt matter how the drug laws came to be. Unless you are claiming that blacks are predisposed genetically to need to use drugs, that argument has no value here. Unless blacks are predisposed to resist arrest or at the very least resist orders given to them, that argument has no value either. As a black man myself, I have no urge to use or sell drugs nor disobey commands given to me by police.

No, because we taught him how to kill, not who to kill. (Edit: technically it teaches how to distinguish combatants from civilians for specific wartime activities). Teaching someone a skill is not a crime, nor does it associate you to the crime. Should teachers be prosecuted for anyone who commits a crime that requires the intelligence they learned in schooling? Should judo instructors be charged if their students kill someone with the skills acquired via training?

BLM tells you who the target is and why... It tells you the police are ruining your life and killing you, what are you going to do about it? (Edit: notice I'm not saying BLM is telling people to kill cops. It is however, being utilized as a validation to people who wish to exert retribution upon the police. In this way it is no different than the state of Islam in many eyes. If more violence happens in the name of #BLM, others behind the movement will have to start ostracizing anyone making violent claims carrying the #BLM)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    BOOM!!!! the sound of their logic crumbling
    lol, right
    Last edited by Narwal; 2016-07-08 at 07:08 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    It has nothing to do with his right, the question is because he can should he have brought it why not just wear a NRA shirt? Was he trying to show it off, make cops/people nervous or fear him? Do you think he walks to the corner market or to starbucks with an assault riffle.

It's not about diminishing his right to carry, its about common sense of not carrying an assault riffle to an already heated/tense situation.

While i don't own a fire arm i am all for the 2nd amendment, but people should use common sense when exercising their rights.
    Heated and tense situation? Every one there said it was peaceful before. Or are you just assuming it was tense because of how you or the media view it? =\