Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifritx View Post
    Off topic real quick, do you guys think they made our class fantasy so cult based in Legion because the shadow priest community is so cultish in its devotion to the shadow priest class? XD I mean, look at how many pages of discussion we have compared to most other classes lol
    I don't know if that served as inspiration or not, but I agree with you: shadow priests are a passionate bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Since glyphs have been removed, is there any way to lessen the shadowform appearance? It's extremely disappointing to those of us who put a lot of time and energy into transmog, and we can't appreciate it at all in the current darkness of shadowform and not be able to adjust it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaela View Post
    Since glyphs have been removed, is there any way to lessen the shadowform appearance? It's extremely disappointing to those of us who put a lot of time and energy into transmog, and we can't appreciate it at all in the current darkness of shadowform and not be able to adjust it.
    Swap your spec to disc/holy - or go play a Mage or Warlock.

Glyphs aren't removed, they're just different - I don't know that there's a plan for shadowform glyph anymore since it's not a spell...

Or find a transmog set that look good in the shadowy appearance. I really like Ulduar 10m set in that regard. I'm running a transmog set based on the Archimonde gear right now and looks better with the glyph. I'll probably just go back to the Ulduar set with Voidform the way it is.

Nope. there is only a glyph that makes you even more purple.
    (Glyphs still exist, they are just now applied directly to spells rather then through a menu)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    Or find a transmog set that look good in the shadowy appearance. I really like Ulduar 10m set in that regard. I'm running a transmog set based on the Archimonde gear right now and looks better with the glyph. I'll probably just go back to the Ulduar set with Voidform the way it is.
    I have over 10 complete transmog sets that I like to switch between. Not just have one that happens to look decent in shadowform and never change it for the duration of the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Nope. there is only a glyph that makes you even more purple.
    (Glyphs still exist, they are just now applied directly to spells rather then through a menu)
    There's a spell to make it even more purple? I don't see that in my spellbook either (on the beta). I was hoping they would make a cosmetic item to make it less purple, like they mentioned in the patch notes, but I don't see any evidence of that.

Of all the bad things in Legion, the new glyph system has to be the worst.

All it did was bring bad stuff/issues and remove cool stuff.

Homophobia is so gay.

And of course we get no glyph for a cooler Void/Shadow Form. Where's Glyph of Dark Apotheosis?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    And of course we get no glyph for a cooler Void/Shadow Form. Where's Glyph of Dark Apotheosis?
    Where's our Dark Archangel?

I have over 10 complete transmog sets that I like to switch between. Not just have one that happens to look decent in shadowform and never change it for the duration of the expansion

There's a spell to make it even more purple? I don't see that in my spellbook either (on the beta). I was hoping they would make a cosmetic item to make it less purple, like they mentioned in the patch notes, but I don't see any evidence of that.
    http://legion.wowhead.com/item=77101/glyph-of-shadow
    And now I am confused. Video looks like it makes you less purple but the description sounds the opposite Oo
    Beta borked atm (characters not loading) so cant actually test in-game.

Glyphs are not spells. They modify spells directly rather then through the glyph menu like in WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Of all the bad things in Legion, the new glyph system has to be the worst.

All it did was bring bad stuff/issues and remove cool stuff.
    Yeah I don't like it either. No way to see what glyphs exist ingame is bad.

You can look at them all on beta and from wowhead or wowdb. Honestly i like the direction they went. Instead of having glyphs and talents you swap around on the fly, your choices now matter (somewhat) talent wise and artifacts are basically permanent glyphs you work towards.

Is there a link to see the new glyphs?
    the ones on beta.wowdb seems to be outdated, still has glyphs for devouring plague and shadow orbs. Most of the others are just old ones

Quote Originally Posted by c8-tty View Post
    Is there a link to see the new glyphs?
    the ones on beta.wowdb seems to be outdated, still has glyphs for devouring plague and shadow orbs. Most of the others are just old ones
    I believe http://legion.wowhead.com/items/glyphs is up to date

I'm dying at somebody listing Power Word: Fortitude as shadow priest utility in this expansion.

Does anyone else think that Shadow Mend has an extremely outdated animation and it's supposed to be a new spell? It had a datamined icon that has not yet been implemented as well as a graphic/sound that is the same as the Shadowfiend mana regen and Rogue Vanilla backstab.

I am getting so angry when I see this. Haven't seen another class having such an issue as adding a new spell that uses a Vanilla graphic.

Deleted
    Does Glyph of Ghostly fade work for anyone on beta (when in shadow spec)? It keeps saying it's for the wrong spec, which would be silly, considering all specs have fade. I submitted bug report, was just wondering if it's just an issue on my side, because I couldn't find anything about that.

It worked earlier in the beta, I know that much.

Deleted
    Yea, I also know it used to work, but now it seems to have been broken or (worst case) intentionally removed from shadow spec.

Is anyone using Shadowy Insight? idk if it's bugged or not but when it procs you get an instant mind blast AND the cooldown is reset so you get the instant mind blast and can cast another right away (it does not do this on live). I was doing a few dungeons where I had a few pains up and I literally could do like five mind blasts in a row.

It's definitely worth it for leveling/questing cause the other two are pretty minimal in comparison. I'm not sure about raiding though.

Really seriously super miffed about constant shadow form. It's like druids being constantly stuck in cat form. I wanna see my transmog, I wanna see my character. I don't wanna have to respec to be able to do that.

Also worried about solo survivability in Legion, especially without PW:S.