10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallani View Post
    Alright I can't decide what to do with my life.

My raid team will have a Resto Druid, and a Holy Priest for sure. I know Shaman will be almost mandatory, but what else should I think about rerolling? Is mistweaver any good?
    Stay pally and don't panic. Keep one of any class/spec on standby

Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    Stay pally and don't panic. Keep one of any class/spec on standby
    Alright. I'm going to keep the faith. Thanks for the encouragement <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unir View Post
    Put away the pitchforks and torches please. The above is accurate, and I use a mix of things as well, but read the question again. The guy asked if Clique or a particular targeting add-on is required - and no, it is not required. Mouse-overs and homemade macros reach the same result.

Even without those, though, and manually clicking each target as some do - any time lost is minimal, as we all know. The biggest gains are what was pointed out - off-gcd spells, but those often have long timers, and freeing up some minimal amount of concentration.

Geez. Vipers.
    I think you can also add a slightly lower failure rate. If you press your 4 button to soon and you start casting a heal on the previous target that is a lot lost. With both methods you can miss place the mosuecursor.

As for holy paladins status.

I don't really have an issue with the HPS i have been doing during the raid testing. Hand of Sacrifice is still a bit scary to get used to. Especially because my guilds tanks always ask for it first. Really didn't enjoy popping bubble so often because of it. Still i feel like all i do is spam single target heals. Not even Holy Radiance is there to spam. It's just single target flash spam and other abilities are casting on cd. No planning no thinking involved apart from precasting Tyr's Deliverance. Sure general cooldown management is still there but nothing unique or fun to do. I guess beacon management is back with lightbringer. At least that was my favorite out of the 3 talents during testing.

i was wrong. so removed.

It would feel weird if they don't touch our weird effeciency at all before heroic patch. The Darkmoon Deck: Promises Pretty much leads us back to IoL FoL spamming. And lets not forget about the 4piece bonus. Which is somewhat disappointing for the "fantasy" hype/expectations that where created. Feels like they hacked the melee paladin together in 2 brainstorm sessions. The playerbase shot it down and they just gave up on the spec completely. Or at least decided to focus on the other specs out there.
    Last edited by mmocea7d8b0d33; 2016-07-10 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas View Post
    Finally someone that i can relate to.

Also for the paladins playing beta, what path you guys toke for the artifact and which relics you are using (or you wish you would)?

Here's a guide that was written by Dreamguard

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=4121/le...-paladin-guide

Deleted
    I just toke a look on every healer legendary items... damn why is no one complaining about that? paladins have most terrible ones

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas View Post
    I just toke a look on every healer legendary items... damn why is no one complaining about that? paladins have most terrible ones
    They are too busy rerolling Shaman/Druid/Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    the best thing that came from melee hpal was all paladins getting partial melee immunity xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    They are too busy rerolling Shaman/Druid/Monk
    I would be very surprised to see people rerolling away from hpal at the start of the xpac. Logs are showing hpals to be doing extremely good hps wise.

I'm very curious to see how paladins scale. When you have classes like monk/shaman which have insane haste/crit scaling (respectively) and great legendaries compared to hpal, you start wondering how good hpals will be in a world of 1 legendary standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    the best thing that came from melee hpal was all paladins getting partial melee immunity xD

- - - Updated - - -

I would be very surprised to see people rerolling away from hpal at the start of the xpac. Logs are showing hpals to be doing extremely good hps wise.

I'm very curious to see how paladins scale. When you have classes like monk/shaman which have insane haste/crit scaling (respectively) and great legendaries compared to hpal, you start wondering how good hpals will be in a world of 1 legendary standard.
    The shoulders i have seen some loggs with. It was ok but other legendaries of other healers seem alot stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Paladin legendary's are shit. Like beyond shit...
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
    Holy Paladin legendary's are shit. Like beyond shit...
    It's a good job that with my luck rate, I'll never see any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasher View Post
    It's a good job that with my luck rate, I'll never see any.
    Like the lottery, you probably have a better chance of being mauled by a polar bear.

Holy paladins seems really good for mythic dungeons though great arsenal for 5 man groups and the most mana conservative class which might make a difference in legion.

what is the best stats priority for holy pal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Da1v View Post
    what is the best stats priority for holy pal
    Crits best. Haste worst. I think vers and mastery are battling it out. Vers may be better.

Deleted
    Heyo guys. I'm probably gonna make holy paladin my main alt in Legion, but I dont really have any exp on it so far. Could you give me some pointers regarding Legion (only tried my main class so far) gameplay, talents and artifact?

Going purely off of feel, I would have gone with the following talents:
    Crusader's Might
    Rule of Law
    [whatever since its util]
    Devo
    Divine Purpose
    Sanctified Wrath
    Beacon of the Lightbringer

Thanks for the help guys!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EZOBOSS View Post
    Holy paladins seems really good for mythic dungeons though great arsenal for 5 man groups and the most mana conservative class which might make a difference in legion.
    For mythic+, the healer to go will probably be the druid. Like it was for the 2 previous expansions. Because ironbark, crez, and being retardedly OP all around.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Tbh its mostly the combat res and their tank cooldown is just 1min that makes the currently stronger healer. All healers output are roughly the same.

For stats i have seen mastery doing really good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genzen Han View Post
    In terms of healing done over the course of a typical boss fight, and taking into consideration both the normal/passive effect, and the activated effect via Aura Mastery, which Aura is going to do more total healing between Sacrifice and Mercy? The Aura Mastery effect of Sacrifice looks better than Mercy's, but Mercy is always ticking that little bit of healing out throughout the fight, whilst Sacrifice is just redistributing the damage rather than being a net HP gain.
    Mercy is much stronger overall. Sacrifice is often going to be much weaker than people expect since it relies on a nerfed Power of the Silver Hand proc, since the 10% dmg transfer is defacto useless and since you're playing at 75% hp.

Deleted
    That will barely ever come up at the right time tho. It doesnt take much for sacrifice to outheal mercy. Mercy is just 30% sp per sec while mastery is on, aura of sacrifice will oudo it when you do over 300% sp/sec. Just casting flash of light with single beacon durring mastery will produce more then 300sp%/sec.

In terms of healing done over the course of a typical boss fight, and taking into consideration both the normal/passive effect, and the activated effect via Aura Mastery, which Aura is going to do more total healing between Sacrifice and Mercy? The Aura Mastery effect of Sacrifice looks better than Mercy's, but Mercy is always ticking that little bit of healing out throughout the fight, whilst Sacrifice is just redistributing the damage rather than being a net HP gain.

I run in a 10-12 man heroic raiding group, and whilst the reaction is usually to say "lol H mode is easy so do what you want", the fact is that not everyone in my group plays as well as they should and we often have to rely on our heals to compensate for mistakes and low dps making various phases last too long etc, so I do still like to try to optimize myself for my group. I'm looking at the talents and I'm tentatively thinking this build:

http://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#G_vJ

15) Light's Hammer looks decent enough, with two tanks plus at least two melee in our group, it will be 50*4*(14/2)=1,400%sp healing, which seems alright. Mana cost is a bit scary though.

30) Divine Steed is too long of a CD to be reliable I think, whilst RoL seems to be a solid throughput spell, especially since I don't want to stand in melee if I can help it (I prefer to be at range).

45) Whatever.

60) A passive 45%sp per second healing for the whole fight seems like it'll add up, and whilst the Aura Mastery doesn't look as great as the others, I think this will generally be more useful. I can always switch to one of the others on a per-fight basis if the damage reduction/on-demand healing throughput is needed.

75) Prism looks like a good way to combat our rather lackluster AoE healing, offering up to 1000%sp every 20 seconds. I don't think I'll be using LoD that much since my raid-size is small and thus less likely to hit enough people per cast, and whilst Holy Avenger looks strong, I'm not good at handling lots of medium-length CDs, since I'm either too conservative and want to save them for those 'oh crap!' moments so much that I never use them, or I just bind them to use on CD (to avoid being too conservative) and they can often times be wasted. Prism looks like I can just fire it every CD and it'll be mostly effective.

90) Fervent Martyr looks a bit meh, and Avenging Wrath seems powerful enough to handle whatever's coming such that it doesn't really need boosting. JoL basically seems to be worth 800%sp for one cast of Judgement, and only needs maintaining once every 40 seconds.

100) Virtue looks the best default choice for me. At a raid size of 10-12, it's gonna be 30-40% of my raid getting beacon each cast, so it gives me another way to combat my AoE shortcomings. The passive from Lightbringer seems good, but the LoD bonus would be mostly wasted since, again, I don't expect to be using LoD much. Faith is something into which I'll probably switch if/when both tanks take a lot of damage simultaneously, or if there is a second target that is often going to need a lot of healing.

Do these choices seem to make sense? I'm switching to the Holy Pally from a different healer this time, so I just want to make sure I set off on the right foot.