Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'd just like reinhardt to do less knockback and reduce his range on his melee, When he swings the range is like double the length of his hammer and he can just ping pong you around til you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I'd just like reinhardt to do less knockback and reduce his range on his melee, When he swings the range is like double the length of his hammer and he can just ping pong you around til you die.
    Don't get close to Reinhardt then?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Roadhog's damage I have no problem with. I'm more concerned about the length he can hook people, and with the giant hit detection it has the fact that it can grab you around a wall if used at the right time you're trying to hide. Also, the way it works needs to be updated as well. This isn't a major thing, but like I said about the wall problem, there are times he hooks you and it pulls you around the wall into the middle of his group, or you can hit the wall and still be safe LoS'd from the enemy team.
    That's the fabled tickrate, has nothing to do with the way the hook works itself.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Don't get close to Reinhardt then?
    Don't get too close to mcree the etc. I get it, but still that isn't how the game works.

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    That's the fabled tickrate, has nothing to do with the way the hook works itself.
    Not sure what you mean by the fabled tickrate. Are you talking about Blizzard's "favor the shooter" motto? That's not fabled, that's real and discussed about during an interview. Basically, "if someone's in your crosshair when you fire then you hit them." My main issue is the range of it honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't wanna be the eight-hundredth person to say it but:

The entire reason tanks in Overwatch are even threatening is because they do damage. Get good and outplay them.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    All tanks need a 75 percent damage reduction. They are there to tank not be a threat. It's stupid that Reinhart can kill any dps by pressing shift, and after he's in melee range he can flail his camera around like an autist and hold left click and 2 to 3 shot everything.
    As for you, L2dodge and understand that everyone can kill anyone in a matter of seconds (except supports, but honestly just land a headshot or two). This isn't an RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Kogarasu View Post
    It's a bit pot luck sometimes the stun wears off as i land and can get away sometimes my char won't move and he gets two hits into me while stunned bit annoying really.
    Has to do with the range he hooks you from the animation I believe. Close to mid range the animation still seems to be going which gives a little time to try and escape...long range it seems like he can fire before I even reach him.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Roadhogs damage is pretty negligible unless he's close enough to melee you, his right click is pretty bad long distance harass and quite hard to hit for a lot of damage at mid range. Roadhogs entire tanking niche is his close range presence and his hook.

Zaryas damage is awful unless you yourself give her damage.

Winstons damage is pretty good but Winston himself melts like butter if he gets focused by more than one person.
    Just to point out that Zarya left click with 0% charge does 1.5x more DPS than Winston does. So I can't help but find it ironic you can call her damage aweful and Winston's pretty good.
    And it really isn't as simple as don't give Zarya damage.
    Such as soaking turret damage just to charge yourself up. Putting your shield onto Reinhardt with his shield up. Deliberately running into Junk grenades etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    Just to point out that Zarya left click with 0% charge does 1.5x more DPS than Winston does. So I can't help but find it ironic you can call her damage aweful and Winston's pretty good.
    Such as soaking turret damage just to charge yourself up. Putting your shield onto Reinhardt with his shield up. Deliberately running into Junk grenades etc...
    Zarya's beam also requires you to aim at the moving target. Winston's they just need to be in front of you in the cone area of his Tesla. The trade is that as long as someone's on your screen you are almost gauranteed Winston will be hitting someone (within range of course). Zarya requires you to aim and sometimes lead a bit as a person can run right thru it and stay at the side of your screen not getting damaged. Playing Lucio it's very easy to jump over it, stay ahead/behind it, and just avoid it all together as she's trying to hit you with it, where Winston keeps you in front of him and it's always ticking (just used Lucio as a for instance).

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonb View Post
    I mean they are suppose to be tanks but sometimes it feels like they do waaaay more damage than they are suppose to. Talking mainly about Roadhog, Zyra and Winstion. Atleast Reinhardt has to get up close and hit with melee. Thoughts?
    Eh, Winston's Tesla cannon does 60-65 damage, but has a cone and need to be close. Reinhardt does 75 damage and his hammer hits as far out as Tesla does. Roadhogt only does 4-9 damage per pellet, but if all hit you do 225. Think it's like 20 pellets? Problem is you won't hit them all unless you are in melee so even at a distance its still same as the other two tanks. Zarya is 75 base, 150 fully charged (left click) and her right click is 45, 95 if charged.

I'd say out of the tanks Zarya is currently the one hitting the hardest and it's more relevant as you see her played a lot. In order for the others to do a lot of damage you need to be up on the target which you should be avoiding anyway. Roadhog can do more damage if he chains you, but that's a 6 second cooldown I believe.

So all the tanks, imo, are decently balanced I just think Zarya should get a slight damage reduction. Her shields and barriers already make her harder to kill than the rest of the tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    Winstons damage is guaranteed if he's in range and he's extremely difficult to get away from, Zaryas is not and it's pretty hard to aim imo.

Deleted
    Zarya is in my opinion the overall strongest tank, before they touch someone like for example winston, they'd have to make her weaker first.

I actually believe she truely deserves a slight nerf to her weapon damage by changing her energy build up.
    maybe 33% charge for a shield instead of 50%?
    She can counter so many plays. Hook? -> Shield, Genji burst? -> Shield, Tracer Ult? -> Shield, Mei Freeze? -> Shield will reset it.. etc. etc.
    Of course it has a CD (at least the E is rather short) and it requires you to handle this godawful auto aim system, but it's not *that* hard and it's so strong because not only do you deny these kills/plays, you are actually gaining offensive power that gets stronger than most other heroes AND she has 200 shields, which adds selfsustain.

She gets even stronger if you stack 2 of them..

on the other hand, rather than nerfing something, it's always better to adjust the weaker heroes. (D.Va etc.)
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-07-08 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Winstons damage is guaranteed if he's in range and he's extremely difficult to get away from, Zaryas is not and it's pretty hard to aim imo.
    I'm not good at this game at all and she is my highest average accuracy hero, and by no means my most played. Her gun isn't hard to aim at all IMO.
    Once you're in close with left click I think her beam actually helps your aim with leading the target.
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2016-07-08 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Zarya is in my opinion the overall strongest tank, before they touch someone like for example winston, they'd have to make her weaker first.

I actually believe she truely deserves a slight nerf to her weapon damage by changing her energy build up.
    maybe 33% charge for a shield instead of 50%?
    She can counter so many plays. Hook? -> Shield, Genji burst? -> Shield, Tracer Ult? -> Shield, Mei Freeze? -> Shield will reset it.. etc. etc.
    Of course it has a CD (at least the E is rather short) and it requires you to handle this godawful auto aim system, but it's not *that* hard and it's so strong because not only do you deny these kills/plays, you are actually gaining offensive power that gets stronger than most other heroes AND she has 200 shields, which adds selfsustain.

She gets even stronger if you stack 2 of them..

on the other hand, rather than nerfing something, it's always better to adjust the weaker heroes. (D.Va etc.)
    Zarya's biggest issue is without her shields she falls pretty quickly. People get the right idea of not shooting her when a shield is up, but a lot of times they continue to ignore her when it's down. Put very simply, she has the lowest health of all the tanks, and melts when focused, but a lot of people stop shooting at her because they see the shield and then don't get back on her when it's gone, just letting her stay alive with her bigger damage. She's also smaller compared to other tanks, so a lot of ppl will try and focus the other tanks that are with her. Obviously, this is all personal experience from playing as her and against her, but it's a very common problem I've seen whenever she's part of any comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Winston being buffed will break him.

Blizzard does their buffs based on high level competitive play and Winston sees PLENTY of use there, infact he gets stacked a lot.

Buffing his damage makes him absolutely stupidly good.
    Speaking as a Winston player, the fact that his weapon does AoE damage, requires very little aim and goes straight through shields and Genji's reflect more than makes up for its low damage. And it's not really that low, 60 damage per second, 300 damage per clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    Speaking as a Winston player, the fact that his weapon does AoE damage, requires very little aim and goes straight through shields and Genji's reflect more than makes up for its low damage. And it's not really that low, 60 damage per second, 300 damage per clip.
    Agreed his weapon isn't overpowered, but isn't weak either. If they were to buff anything on his I could see them making his dome slightly stronger, but not by much. Currently it's at 600 Health for 5 seconds and 13s cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Not sure what you mean by the fabled tickrate. Are you talking about Blizzard's "favor the shooter" motto? That's not fabled, that's real and discussed about during an interview. Basically, "if someone's in your crosshair when you fire then you hit them." My main issue is the range of it honestly.
    The range of it isn't even that great, kinda why Zenyatta is a Roadhog counter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    The range of it isn't even that great, kinda why Zenyatta is a Roadhog counter.
    The range is roughly 30 yards, just short of a Tor turret, and we've all seen how people complain about its range. Zen's an excellent counter because his orb makes him take 50% more damage and melts thru his health, but Zen himself (unless played by a great Zen and nailing headshots) isn't that great of a counter to him on his own.
    After my last post, I believe it's intended to be an extremely long reach because anything short of mid length of his hook, the animation is still going and gives people time to react to the follow up shot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Agreed his weapon isn't overpowered, but isn't weak either. If they were to buff anything on his I could see them making his dome slightly stronger, but not by much. Currently it's at 600 Health for 5 seconds and 13s cooldown.
    I'd honestly just prefer a slightly shorter CD. Not much, but the fact that it is burnt so quick by people hitting it that it's almost best used to interrupt a beam (Sym and Mei for instance), or giving a few seconds to reposition. It's almost too niche of an ability that I find myself sitting on a lot and not using like other heroes abilities.

Deleted

I disagree on the range not being "great"
    Any more and I'd consider him a Sniper.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-07-08 at 10:53 PM.