Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

and then you realize ... Germany was 0:1 behind at some point 0:2 and had to OPEN which created more space for France. yet Germany was still the overall much better Team. sad not to see them in the final

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    and then you realize ... Germany was 0:1 behind at some point 0:2 and had to OPEN which created more space for France. yet Germany was still the overall much better Team. sad not to see them in the final
    Yet again, having the ball doesn't make you the better team. Scoring does.
    Atletico spend all year defending, giving posession (therefore by your standards being the lesser team) and yet they ended in the CL's finals and top 3 spain.
    Posession doesn't make you better if you can't get the ball in the goal. And posession was the only area where they were better.
    They lost on shots, shots on target, and goals.

rofl.. no. scoring doesnt make you a better Team at all.

This was an KO Game. so France was more lucky/efficent but the better Team ? no they were clearly worse.
    Last edited by jasdasm; 2016-07-08 at 08:52 PM.

Deleted
    Nice logic.
    In that case Blegium is the best team? You know they have great players! Yeah they lost to Wales, but as you said, scoring doesn't make you the best team

Your logic baffles me it's so retarded.

And Argentina that lost in the final WC is the better team also yeah?

You can't be the better team if you don't win. It's pure logic. You might produce the most pleasant football to watch, have ball posession but it doesn't make you better.
    Having the ball and not managing to do anything with it doesn't make you better. It's called sterile posession and it's useless.
    You can "dominate" as much as you want, if you aren't efficient you will not win.

Please tell me how Germany was the better team. Exept on posession of the ball?
    Last edited by mmoce2f72405d7; 2016-07-08 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    That depends how you look at it, honestly. I personally think the best team is the one who can come out on top in a given situation and can exploit their chances in the most efficient way, not necessarily whoever dominates statistics, shots on goal etc.

Guys, just look at Portugal, or at Greece in 2004. Does anybody think they are in the final because they were the best team? I don't think so.
    Sometimes and especially in KO rounds you also need a bit of luck. Both teams didn't make it that far because they played good football, I assure you.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Guys, just look at Portugal, or at Greece in 2004. Does anybody think they are in the final because they were the best team? I don't think so.
    Sometimes and especially in KO rounds you also need a bit of luck. Both teams didn't make it that far because they played good football, I assure you.
    You drunk Corgi...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Tell me 1 game where we weren't better than our opposition. Croatia, a team that didn't even manage to get 1 shot on goal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    This should make things clear. Date stamp August 2013.
    Now if you don't know refrain from criticizing.
    I can criticise until someone like you brings proof, so thanks for the update. People don't half get mad easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Getting to the semi's is huge.
    Yes it is if you're #smalltime, which is where England are as well right now.

Regasrdless of all the nonsense about England media and fans being arrogant and expecting to win this tournament, the vast majority of media and fans just wanted to perform well and MAYBE get to the semis at a push.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2016-07-09 at 06:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Wim Kieft with the shot firing.

"Harry Kane is a parody of a striker. So simple. He has a decent shot from standstill, but no individual skill, is not strong in the air and even takes corners. A mockery."

/tomcruise

10+ Year Old Account
    Some irrelevant guy doesn't like Kane :S

The thing is, the Harry Kane at the Euros was in a team managed by Hodgson, he had no chance to shine. Granted against Iceland he was just totally inept, but he's still a great striker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post

The thing is, the Harry Kane at the Euros was in a team managed by Hodgson, he had no chance to shine. Granted against Iceland he was just totally inept, but he's still a great striker.
    This, Hodgson just never set up, at all, to play to either his or Vardy's strengths, while being determined to put the clearly out of form Stirling and Wilshire on the pitch. Meanwhile the very much in form Rashford gets 4 minutes of a lost cause.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't necessarily agree with him either but Wim Kieft is not irrelevant. Might want to google him. Though I agree with Kieft that Kane taking corners is idiotic.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2016-07-09 at 08:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I don't necessarily agree with him either but Wim Kieft is not irrelevant. Might want to google him. Though I agree with Kieft that Kane taking corners is idiotic.
    I know who he is, he was a decent striker back in the 80s, who was shit outside of Holland. It doesn't make him relevant.

So many people think ex players are the be all when it comes to punditry.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2016-07-09 at 09:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know who he is, he was a decent striker back in the 80s, who was shit outside of Holland. It doesn't make him relevant.

So many people think ex players are the be all when it comes to punditry.
    Main reason he was bad outside the Netherlands was mostly because he had a drug issue in the later parts of his career. However, I somewhat agree just being an ex-player doesn't necessarily make you an expert. Then again Kane taking corners still makes no sense but you don't have to be an expert to figure that out. I have no idea is that Hogdson's idiocy or not, but it is nevertheless idiotic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Kane taking corners is just ridiculous, Rooney takes them too quite often. I don't understand ANY of Hodgsons logic. The worst is bringing on Rashford with what, 5minutes to go?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Kane taking corners is just ridiculous, Rooney takes them too quite often. I don't understand ANY of Hodgsons logic. The worst is bringing on Rashford with what, 5minutes to go?
    Hodgons was coach of Finland for awhile. It was similarly terrible. Though being coach of the Finnish team is not necessarily a job anyone would want; in a country that revolves mostly around ice hockey, football plays second fiddle.

- - - Updated - - -

It's no wonder UEFA wants 24 teams. This years profit: 830m.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    I see on every social media that "Germany dominated so much"
    Truth is: they did have the posession, but what they did with it wasn't good.

Shots taken is about the same (don't have exact numbers)
    Shots taken on goal GER 6 FR 7
    Dangerous situations in favor of GER (14min/74/93) in favor of FR (7min/42 +2goals)

So Germany with 65% ball posession didn't even benefit them. France defended low and well, Germany didn't get through.
    Those are not domination numbers.
    You haven't seen the game have you? Germany started pressing at the opponent's box. There was a phase France couldn't even get to the middle line when they had the ball. That's total domination. The game turned only after a set piece that was highly controversial. Injury did the rest and the game was fucked. France was clearly not the better team, though. Just before the goal, you could see panic in their eyes. They knew if things continued like that, they'd tire in the second half and be buttraped.

So yes, Germany did dominate. Possession is a result of that, but not the reason why people say that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    All this talk of domination...
    Scoreboard.

If Germany had Griezmann or even donkey Giroud they'd have won comfortably. Unfortunately impotent possesion doesn't win you games (ask LVG).

Slant is salty as fuck.

He's depressed that focus now turns to the tripe that is the Bundesliga.