Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Oh definitely, but since the game is F2P it can be bad also. Too many issues may cause people to walk away from the game, hurting in the long run.
    We'll see though
    Doubtful. Pokemon has brand power that spans generations, and Nintendo has the money to put a Pikachu on TV if they need to kick the participation up. Of course, that is just my opinion/speculation.

I am beginning to wonder if we'll ever see a smooth game launch again though. Seems like every company on Earth underestimates the demand that will be there on day one.

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Doubtful. Pokemon has brand power that spans generations, and Nintendo has the money to put a Pikachu on TV if they need to kick the participation up. Of course, that is just my opinion/speculation.

I am beginning to wonder if we'll ever see a smooth game launch again though. Seems like every company on Earth underestimates the demand that will be there on day one.
    It's not so much they underestimate as they don't think it's worth it; permanently having x amount of servers when the load will be at y is a lot of money thrown away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    It's not so much they underestimate as they don't think it's worth it; permanently having x amount of servers when the load will be at y is a lot of money thrown away.
    Why has nobody started up a business to rent out servers and support for product launches yet?

10+ Year Old Account

Agreed. Can't remember the last smooth launch I've seen.
    This one is kinda understandable though, don't think there's ever been a mobile game this popular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Something tells me they never could have possibly imagine this volume of players. The servers have got to be on fire at this point. They only raised like 20 million or so for this entire project lol

Why has nobody started up a business to rent out servers and support for product launches yet?
    You'd have to wipe blades and do a lot of custom coding monthly.. be a lot of work, and a lot of money. Ultimately, it doesn't matter; the people that rage leave because they can't log on for the first week aren't that many

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    You'd have to wipe blades and do a lot of custom coding monthly.. be a lot of work, and a lot of money. Ultimately, it doesn't matter; the people that rage leave because they can't log on for the first week aren't that many
    and they just make the server load lighter for the rest of us who don't mind waiting it out.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

I feel like I'm the only one that's just not all that into this. I tried it out, caught the starter, then just...I don't know lost interest. I guess I've just aged out of pokemon at this point. I just can't get into cell phone/mobile app type games.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I feel like I'm the only one that's just not all that into this. I tried it out, caught the starter, then just...I don't know lost interest. I guess I've just aged out of pokemon at this point. I just can't get into cell phone/mobile app type games.
    It took me a long time to get over my, for lack of a better word, prejudice toward mobile games.

Since then I've found fun in games like Brave Frontier/FF: Brave Exvius and of course this little gem.

So is the only thing you get from pokestops eggs and balls? I have 2 stops within use distance of my desk at work, and I haven't gotten anything but those. Was hoping for some incense or lures. I guess you have to pay money for those?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to catch Pikamans...

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    So is the only thing you get from pokestops eggs and balls? I have 2 stops within use distance of my desk at work, and I haven't gotten anything but those. Was hoping for some incense or lures. I guess you have to pay money for those?
    Egg, balls, revives, potions for me so far.

I have one I can spin from my desk at work.

I also have volunteered to start getting the mail for the office so I can snag stuff on the way there and back.

You know your neighbourhood is shit when half of your closest PokeStops are grafitti

7+ Year Old Account
    I literally have to do a drive around town in order to get to Pokestops. I have one a 5 minute walk from my house, but it's not a place you can loiter around and I have to cross a swampy area to get to it. But I can hit up around 12 Pokestops with a 20 minute drive thru town.

I need to find the Pinsirs that keep popping up on my radar, and Team Instinct has taken over all 6 gyms in town.
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

Oh god, i started playing...this is not good -_-

On the bright side, there's a landmark right next to my building at work so I can get free pokeballs all day long. Yeah boi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

On the bright side, there's a landmark right next to my building at work so I can get free pokeballs all day long. Yeah boi.
    Same here, I've got a trio of Pokespots right around my office building that I can access from my desk. Life is good.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Closest one for me is the building across the street, actually need to go outside

So, Horsey is a jerk.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    No point playing this.

I have a 606 Vaporeon, 435 Haunter, 412 Magneton, quite a few other rare mons.

Every damn gym I try to take from another player leaves me with the 1hp bug, the servers are a mess, I drove 30 minutes to the large city nearby hoping for some fun and the servers went to shit the moment I arrived. It's complete chaos right now and I don't understand how other players are capable of taking MY gyms but the game is too glitchy for me to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    You know your neighbourhood is shit when half of your closest PokeStops are grafitti
    So what you are saying is I should tag the outside of my office building a few times and see where that gets me...something tells me I'll be team rocket blasting off again.