Quote Originally Posted by Roidz View Post
    This obviously doesn't pertain to most folks..but say you are pugging... whats to keep someone from lying about what relics they have equipped if you cant inspect their artifact?
    Not much, but since we can't swap relics on the go, it shouldn't be hugely absuable. The weapons ilvl gives an indication and you could ask them to link their current relic in that slot. While there's nothing stopping them from linking a lower level relic in their bag or whatnot, it would still have to fall within reason, or their weapons overall ilvl wouldn't add up.

7+ Year Old Account
    With pre-patch right around the corner I thought I'd ask if any of you warrior guru's have decided on the optimal fury opener yet. I'm guessing that the optimal opener saves Battlecry/Ring for the first rampage, or do you use it on the initial charge for the enrage proc on that first BT?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been testing the fury warrior on the 110 realm and it feels really clunky to me.

Talents: war machine, shockwave, wrecking ball, bounding, carnage, frenzy, bladestorm.

It often feels like I have many abilities ready to use and I can't get to them fast enough. Often I will have BT come off cooldown and need to use it. However I may be enraged and need to use either RB or WW. However I also probably want to keep the stack on furious slash going, oh and I need to keep Odyn's fury on CD and my rage will cap and I need to burn it with rampage. While I will be rampaging BT will come off, I will enrage and can get out 3 RBs (but won't), and furious buff may be just about to fall off.

What's the current priority on the abilities? What am I doing wrong? I feel super inefficient and that I am losing massive amounts of damage not getting out all my abilities that proc.

EDIT: The animations are great, the sounds are great, etc. Love all those changes.
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

Quote Originally Posted by chaddd View Post
    I have been testing the fury warrior on the 110 realm and it feels really clunky to me.

Talents: war machine, shockwave, wrecking ball, bounding, carnage, frenzy, bladestorm.

It often feels like I have many abilities ready to use and I can't get to them fast enough. Often I will have BT come off cooldown and need to use it. However I may be enraged and need to use either RB or WW. However I also probably want to keep the stack on furious slash going, oh and I need to keep Odyn's fury on CD and my rage will cap and I need to burn it with rampage. While I will be rampaging BT will come off, I will enrage and can get out 3 RBs (but won't), and furious buff may be just about to fall off.

What's the current priority on the abilities? What am I doing wrong? I feel super inefficient and that I am losing massive amounts of damage not getting out all my abilities that proc.

EDIT: The animations are great, the sounds are great, etc. Love all those changes.
    Check out what Jaybee posted two pages back for talent selections on single target/multi-target fights. That should clear up some of the clutter you are experiencing. Dont worry about delaying the use of BT if you are enraged and want to use RB/WW, thats fine.
    Last edited by Gowther; 2016-07-08 at 09:11 PM. Reason: wrong page edit

Just me that gets a bit annoyed that you skip the last animation from Rampage to do a Raging Blow? If you understand what I mean

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Just me that gets a bit annoyed that you skip the last animation from Rampage to do a Raging Blow? If you understand what I mean
    Yeah, I also dislike the animation clipping if you use a skill when the GCD is finished. They went through all that effort to make pretty animations, and Rampage looks cool, but we hardly get to enjoy it if we want optimal DPS. IMO Rampage should have a longer GCD, damage tuned to reflect that, and Enrage should begin when its independent GCD finishes so that we can fit 2 skills in after.

Quote Originally Posted by chaddd View Post

It often feels like I have many abilities ready to use and I can't get to them fast enough.
    You are certainly not the first person to feel this way, and won't be the last either. It is what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gowther View Post
    Check out what Jaybee posted two pages back for talent selections on single target/multi-target fights. That should clear up some of the clutter you are experiencing. Dont worry about delaying the use of BT if you are enraged and want to use RB/WW, thats fine.

Thanks much. Thread is getting pretty long.
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    I hate them, really. Fury warrior is Titan's grip, that's all; TBC had awful design for fury warrior: stuff, talents, remember that the warglaives were not designed for warriors ! SMF has to be removed, FOR EVER.
    It's clearly a one-handed weapon, i spit on them #GivebackmyTitanGrip
    Fury warriors were not originally Titan's Grip, and shouldn't have been changed to it. Titan's Grip takes away from the lore and play style of real fury from Vanilla where you would wield two one handers, and attack quickly as opposed to the Arms warrior who would make slow hard hitting attacks with the two-handers. You, like most people clearly didn't play or appreciate the lore, gameplay, and experience of what it meant to be a real fury warrior before Blizzard bastardized it into what it is today.

Quick question I feel may have been already addressed but; with pre-patch, I have heard class trinkets are getting nerf'ed. That being said, fury warrior's class trinket still seems attractive, it giving haste. Will we still be using the Class Trinket come pre-patch? Or swap out?

Currently I have mythic version of Unending and Chorus, heroic Class Trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexonia View Post
    Quick question I feel may have been already addressed but; with pre-patch, I have heard class trinkets are getting nerf'ed. That being said, fury warrior's class trinket still seems attractive, it giving haste. Will we still be using the Class Trinket come pre-patch? Or swap out?

Currently I have mythic version of Unending and Chorus, heroic Class Trinket.
    They stop functioning at 109, I know nothing about them being nerfed during pre-patch however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mst3kfan View Post
    Fury warriors were not originally Titan's Grip, and shouldn't have been changed to it. Titan's Grip takes away from the lore and play style of real fury from Vanilla where you would wield two one handers, and attack quickly as opposed to the Arms warrior who would make slow hard hitting attacks with the two-handers. You, like most people clearly didn't play or appreciate the lore, gameplay, and experience of what it meant to be a real fury warrior before Blizzard bastardized it into what it is today.
    Not really. Titans Grip has been in far longer than it hasn't, and many more players came to the game after its inclusion than before it.

You can argue whether or not you like Titans Grip, but that's a wholly personal opinion. However, what isn't opinion is the fact that Titans Grip adds a unique aspect not present in any other class/spec in the game. This makes the spec immediately identifiable and gives it a flavor not found elsewhere. Whether or not you as an individual personally like that flavor is immaterial.

From what I've been told, although I have no empirical evidence, they are getting their percentages reduced. For example; combat rogue's trinket I believe are getting their evis booster halved, percentage wise.

From what I've been told, although I have no empirical evidence, they are getting their percentages reduced. For example; combat rogue's trinket I believe are getting their evis booster halved, percentage wise.
    They are. All of the HFC trinkets have been rebalanced. Not just the class trinkets.

It's possible, or it may be happening on a case by case basis due to each effect working differently, but I've not heard this outside of their devaluation as level increases. Regardless, it's probably the best trinket to use due to how much Haste is valued.

It seems like they got their bonus ilvl budget put back to normal? At some point they buffed all the trinkets well beyond their budget, and the trend continued for the rest of WOD. For Arms the Mythic trinket gives 35% reset so it's quite the drop, haven't checked the Fury numbers.

Some bonus armor gear got changed to versatility too, like the Plume trinket.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    beautiful words man really beautiful couldnt have say it better im sure that Archimtiros will said that you are wrong and completly get your idea and thoughts on the matter the wrong way ... oh he already did no matter . i always thought of the fury warrior as a adventurer a mercenary of sorts but blizz keep this idea of the fury warrior being a meatball with 2 pointy ends wailing at whatever that moves with the enrage that its like if you were in an empty room and the only way to get any fun beside look at the walls is stick your fingers on the electric outlet hurting yourself to get few secs of fun or glory . never understood why TG helps the spec in any way other than make it a joke . why is it that warriors are now so far from what they use to be and why is it that the word berserker doesnt find a spot in todays fury , we sould be hitting fast like crazy not thinking about a tiny window of glory ( enrage ) i get that there needs to be a difference between specs but i think that TG makes it even close to arms than its intended to be , arms should be the like a soldier a veteran of many wars while fury should be like warrior that only answer to himself

fuck you TG .

- - - Updated - - -

ill miss you SMF sweet dreams my prince

Deleted
    Fury warrior in vanilla didn't attack quickly. The whole game was extremely slow-paced compared to what it is today.

I loved old school one-handed Fury, and i really like the idea of TG and enjoy it as well. To me, it's all about choice - something they damn-near perfected in WoD (holy shit! I just said something nice about warrior design in WoD...). It felt like they finally got the numbers tuned well enough that SMF vs TG came down to: 1. weapons you had; 2. personal preference. That's perfect to me, as it lets every Fury warrior play out the class fantasy that they prefer.

Sadly, completely removing that choice really does suck. It's not something that makes or breaks the game for me, but it is one more straw on a back that is already teetering on the verge of collapse. The fact that they retroactively made SMF non-existent from 1-100 is just even more insulting. There was no reason for them to make Fury abilities require 2handed weapons (warriors are not the only class to get fucked like that), and it's something I actually find far more offensive than the shift to TG via the Artifacts in Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Windehi View Post
    Fury warrior in vanilla didn't attack quickly. The whole game was extremely slow-paced compared to what it is today.
    Fury was a helluva lot faster than Arms. Perhaps nothing compared to WoD's Glad gameplay, but even in Vanilla, there was a huge difference in how fast Fury played and attacked compared to Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    I loved old school one-handed Fury, and i really like the idea of TG and enjoy it as well. To me, it's all about choice - something they damn-near perfected in WoD (holy shit! I just said something nice about warrior design in WoD...). It felt like they finally got the numbers tuned well enough that SMF vs TG came down to: 1. weapons you had; 2. personal preference. That's perfect to me, as it lets every Fury warrior play out the class fantasy that they prefer.

Sadly, completely removing that choice really does suck. It's not something that makes or breaks the game for me, but it is one more straw on a back that is already teetering on the verge of collapse. The fact that they retroactively made SMF non-existent from 1-100 is just even more insulting. There was no reason for them to make Fury abilities require 2handed weapons (warriors are not the only class to get fucked like that), and it's something I actually find far more offensive than the shift to TG via the Artifacts in Legion.
    They're trying to breed identity. As much as I like freedom of choice, and agree that it's something WoD did well in that regard, it doesn't accomplish that goal. Like it or not, it is sound reasoning.

For those of you who would like smaller weapons (assuming the complaints aren't just arbitrarily complaining about the attack speed), try unlocking the Dragonslayers Edge skin. The axeheads are closer to 1h in size, not being nearly as long as the swords. Unfortunately they still sheath on the back (I actually think they look really nice at the sides) though, you'll just have to get past it.

Fury was a helluva lot faster than Arms. Perhaps nothing compared to WoD's Glad gameplay, but even in Vanilla, there was a huge difference in how fast Fury played and attacked compared to Arms.
    I dunno about that. Aside from pure auto-attack speed, Fury didn't really have any buttons to press up until patch 2 of BWL when Bloodthirst was overhauled. It may have auto'd faster, but Arms was certainly more engaging. As a whole, Fury was a bottom barrel spec until Naxx itemization, but it didn't really take off until BC overhauls and stat scaling kicked in.

What does Titan Grip (or SMF, for that matter) have to do with the "lore" of the class, exactly? How is TG less "loreworthy" than SMF?