Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Isn't it super easy to reach lvl 10? Surely easier than the ages it takes to get geared up right now in WoD to even stand a chance.
    10 is easy to get to but doesn't unlock 'required' rated talents.

How is it so hard to go into the Honor tab and just choose talents? Stop crying. If ppl dont do that, then they're bad players anyway and they shouldnt be rolling on a PvP server.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    Ugh, I'm so confused on the whole thing. I'm just gonna let it hit me when I get there I guess.
    Think of Prestige this as Honor. As you earn the Honor you get more and more pvp skills but you have the option of turning that honor in and getting Mounts/Pets/Transmog items in exchange but you lose the skills you earned and have to earn the honor again.

Are people in this thread seriously saying gear disparity is worse than ability disparity? The latter was fixed pretty well with the WoD system. The ability disparity is MASSIVE and worse than non scaled gearing disparity between an ilvl 620 and 730 on live. You're seriously SOL cause a lot of pvp talents make or break how well your class does in pvp they're that important.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    How is it so hard to go into the Honor tab and just choose talents? Stop crying. If ppl dont do that, then they're bad players anyway and they shouldnt be rolling on a PvP server.
    What?
    The part where they need to be unlocked again after Prestiging restricting access to competitive rated play.

how are you getting pvp talents on the ptr? ive done a lot of pvp and they are all locked. there isnt even a level bar. its locked.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    how are you getting pvp talents on the ptr? ive done a lot of pvp and they are all locked. there isnt even a level bar. its locked.
    You could level during the first week of the PTR, then they turned it off but decided not to wipe any progress made.

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    What?
    The part where they need to be unlocked again after Prestiging restricting access to competitive rated play.
    then dont prestige? i honestly dont see the issue here. youre not forced to prestige. and if you do, build it back up before rated play. its not hard to level those levels.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Think of Prestige this as Honor. As you earn the Honor you get more and more pvp skills but you have the option of turning that honor in and getting Mounts/Pets/Transmog items in exchange but you lose the skills you earned and have to earn the honor again.
    Ah! And is it getting harder and harder, or just a grind type thing? Because my PVP currently consists of doing random BGs with friends, and 2v2 or 3v3 for CP, not rating.

Would it be do able for an average Joe like me to get the highest prestige level, or would that be something reserved for the rated PVP crowd?
    Warlock (SL main)

Ah! And is it getting harder and harder, or just a grind type thing? Because my PVP currently consists of doing random BGs with friends, and 2v2 or 3v3 for CP, not rating.

Would it be do able for an average Joe like me to get the highest prestige level, or would that be something reserved for the rated PVP crowd?
    That's just it. You do NOT have to do it. It's just a grid for pets, Mount, Artifact appearance, and makes your portrait change like in d3. Other than that, you don't need to do shit with it. You can stay at level 0 prestige if you want.

Just whenever you do prestige, you lose all your honor talents and you have to get them back again by grinding the levels out. So any rated or non rated player can do it.
    My Youtube Channel

For random bgs.
    Not rated.
    Then get to level 10 in random bgs (which doesn't take long), and continue?

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    People between honor levels 0-10 are placed in the same bracket, but won't be placed against 11-50 people. Holinka mentioned it during the interview.

Reaching 10 is quick but to 50 it is not. At that point you are the mercy of facing off people at rank 50 while you start at rank 11 if you are a new player. Just a badly thought system all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Reaching 10 is quick but to 50 it is not. At that point you are the mercy of facing off people at rank 50 while you start at rank 11 if you are a new player. Just a badly thought system all around.
    The point is that you at least have a full column of talents available, they may not be ideal ones, it's better than nothing.

Then get to level 10 in random bgs (which doesn't take long), and continue?
    The problem isn't the level 10 talents.

Players with PVP honor talents are smashing players without PVP honor talents

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    then dont prestige? i honestly dont see the issue here. youre not forced to prestige. and if you do, build it back up before rated play. its not hard to level those levels.
    It's time consuming.
    Imagine If you want to do mythic raids and have all your abilities. you need to do 500 quests. Now you do heroic raid. Now you need to do 500 quests before you can do mythic will all your abilities.

I have the time to do it. Many don't.
    Why does one aspect of the game directly stop you from participating at your full potential? It doesn't happen in any other aspect

The high rated crowd will not be able to prestige as when you do so you lose your honour talents and start again, restricting you from accessing key talents required in high rated play

The point is that you at least have a full column of talents available, they may not be ideal ones, it's better than nothing.
    Not at all. Many are useless. Or far inferior to the ones you will need to compete in high rated pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by lolwhatadumbthread View Post
    Luckily the people who arent good enough and wont level quick enough will get into their own casual bracket up to level 10 honor level LUL
    Yup! I won't have people like the OP on my team anymore, hopefully.

It's time consuming. Why does one aspect of the game directly stop you from participating at your full potential? It doesn't happen in any other aspect
    This is an MMORPG right ^^? There has to be some level of progression, and without this system it'll feel really bland (much like the current one).

This is an MMORPG right ^^? There has to be some level of progression, and without this system it'll feel really bland (much like the current one).
    Im not against the progression element - i agree its great.
    Just with how it interacts with rated play is slightly awkward. Progression in this case becomes a restriction.
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2016-07-09 at 09:32 AM.