Deleted

Anyone tested the engineering tool "Reaves"?

Hi guys.

Considering dropping engineering on my main, but that is because I am abit unsure how "reaves" works, and how useful it actually is.

Is the modules 1 time use, and you just need a battery to summon him?

How useful are the various modes, apart from the fun ones (Fireworks, Bling mode (new bag i suppose)).

I can only answer how useful the modes are, because I use most of them every day. The teleporters are nice, even with the cata raids nerf, you can still farm them, and teleport to Gadgetzen is the fastest way to DS. If you do Mythic dungeons right now at least, say you've finished Sky Reach, and need to head to Everbloom. Port to Tosheys, use the Draenor Mirror, and you're already half way there. Jeeves is always good to have if you're a raider, or too cheap to buy one of the mounts, and out in the world. Blingtron, which is the Bling Mode, is what everyone wants too.

Reading from the wowhead comment, they do look to be a consumable, since it says, stacks to 20. If we can sell them, then the biggest one to sell would be the repair module, that's what raid leaders will want to have, if they don't have an engineer in the group. If the snack module is as good as raid food, then that's another thing they'll want too, unless it's like the garrison tree food, which I bet it will be.

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13252...ttery#comments

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialio View Post
    teleport to Gadgetzen is the fastest way to DS.
    Faster then simply using the portal to Caverns of Time from Shattrath or Wrath-Dalaran? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Faster then simply using the portal to Caverns of Time from Shattrath or Wrath-Dalaran? I think not.
    Depends on where you are. If you're sitting at the CoT portal in Dalaran, then sure.

If you have to port to Dalaran, wait through loading screen, then fly across Dal and hit the second portal, then it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    If you have to port to Dalaran, wait through loading screen, then fly across Dal and hit the second portal, then it's not.
    Compared to flying from Gadgetzan? Do you still randomly fall to your death when using that thing?
    I would race you from any arbitrary point in the world of your choosing. My loading screens aren't that long and flying across dalaran is rather quick.

I have the ring to Dalaran/Jainas Locket too, but I usually use the teleport to Gadgetzan, so I can get a different races appearance. And, yeah you still fall to your death, unless you have Goblin Glider on your cape? But why be an engineer, and not have that?

Frankly, I dont know what to think of engineering on Beta atm because its a pretty big mess. Theres some good concepts that could work great but the execution is just baffling.. I can only hope that theres a big update on the horizon, there hasnt been any changes for months and blizzard has not responded to any feedback during the beta period.

As far as Reaves goes:

- It does require a consumable battery to summon, which is fair since none of the modules have a CDs. So you can use the wormhole module as much as you please. You can only have one module active at once, so if you drop a repair module and then summon another the repair module immediately despawns.
    - He cannot be summoned by non engineers, in fact non engineers cannot even use the repair or snack modules.
    - Between Jeeves and the Autohammer there is no reason at all to use the repair module anyway.
    - Likewise, the Snack module is also lame since it just gives you a small 200 stat versatility buff.
    - I have not crafted the combat module because it requires a drop from Doomwalker, and after 2 weeks of checking in I have not seen him.
    - I have not crafted the Bling module because currently there is no proper path to 800. All Legion recipes become grey @780 and the only thing I can get skill ups on are Gearsprings from Draenor. I do have a quest that tasks me with completing the Court of Stars to unlock the epic helm schematics but that takes weeks of farming Nightfallen rep.

Some other odds things about engineering:

- Gunpowder Charge, Bullet dispenser, and Bandage gun all share a 1min CD and are off the gcd. Currently the bandages heal for a pittance (150k vs 1.8m health) and the Gunpowder charge does more than 2x the dmg of the bullet dispenser (~500k vs 220k) despite the bullet dispenser req 350 engineering and gunpowder being usable by anyone.

- That 1min CD is also not shared with Potions and can be reused each time its up. So youll want to load up on a shit ton of Gunpowder Charges (115g in vendor mats) in addition to your vantus runes, flasks, pots, and food. You also may need to stock up on gun shoes which are another consumable which has its own timer. Granted, I cant confirm if these work in raids but they do in dungeons.

- No idea what the point of the gunpack is. Its an expensive consumable toy that uncontrollably bnouces you around for 5 secs.

- Failure Detection Pylon is a mass rez consumable that works well.. as long as everyone dies directly on top of one another since it has a 5yrd range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Frankly, I dont know what to think of engineering on Beta atm because its a pretty big mess. Theres some good concepts that could work great but the execution is just baffling.. I can only hope that theres a big update on the horizon, there hasnt been any changes for months and blizzard has not responded to any feedback during the beta period.

As far as Reaves goes:

- It does require a consumable battery to summon, which is fair since none of the modules have a CDs. So you can use the wormhole module as much as you please. You can only have one module active at once, so if you drop a repair module and then summon another the repair module immediately despawns.
    - He cannot be summoned by non engineers, in fact non engineers cannot even use the repair or snack modules.
    - Between Jeeves and the Autohammer there is no reason at all to use the repair module anyway.
    - Likewise, the Snack module is also lame since it just gives you a small 200 stat versatility buff.
    - I have not crafted the combat module because it requires a drop from Doomwalker, and after 2 weeks of checking in I have not seen him.
    - I have not crafted the Bling module because currently there is no proper path to 800. All Legion recipes become grey @780 and the only thing I can get skill ups on are Gearsprings from Draenor. I do have a quest that tasks me with completing the Court of Stars to unlock the epic helm schematics but that takes weeks of farming Nightfallen rep.

Some other odds things about engineering:

- Gunpowder Charge, Bullet dispenser, and Bandage gun all share a 1min CD and are off the gcd. Currently the bandages heal for a pittance (150k vs 1.8m health) and the Gunpowder charge does more than 2x the dmg of the bullet dispenser (~500k vs 220k) despite the bullet dispenser req 350 engineering and gunpowder being usable by anyone.

- That 1min CD is also not shared with Potions and can be reused each time its up. So youll want to load up on a shit ton of Gunpowder Charges (115g in vendor mats) in addition to your vantus runes, flasks, pots, and food. You also may need to stock up on gun shoes which are another consumable which has its own timer. Granted, I cant confirm if these work in raids but they do in dungeons.

- No idea what the point of the gunpack is. Its an expensive consumable toy that uncontrollably bnouces you around for 5 secs.

- Failure Detection Pylon is a mass rez consumable that works well.. as long as everyone dies directly on top of one another since it has a 5yrd range.
    The failure detection pylon has to be cast pre combat right?

My primary issue is I love having Nitro Boots+Goblin Glider. But the later i can get from stacking shitloads of Goblin Glider Kits, although it could be a issue later in the expansion.

I have 2 chars I plan to play in Legion - and both have engineering. I would really like to only have 1, I really consider getting Inscription/Enchanting/Alchemy instead.

If the repair module can't be used by other people its pretty useless.

The wormhole thing is nice though, and could provide useful when doing world quests.

I am rambling abit here, but it feels like your are telling me that engineering is not super useful in Legion - and when you can get the Goblin Glider from a craft, I don't see a really good reason to keep it on 2 chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    The failure detection pylon has to be cast pre combat right?

My primary issue is I love having Nitro Boots+Goblin Glider. But the later i can get from stacking shitloads of Goblin Glider Kits, although it could be a issue later in the expansion.

I have 2 chars I plan to play in Legion - and both have engineering. I would really like to only have 1, I really consider getting Inscription/Enchanting/Alchemy instead.

If the repair module can't be used by other people its pretty useless.

The wormhole thing is nice though, and could provide useful when doing world quests.

I am rambling abit here, but it feels like your are telling me that engineering is not super useful in Legion - and when you can get the Goblin Glider from a craft, I don't see a really good reason to keep it on 2 chars.
    No you can use the failure pylon during combat, it wont rez until combat ends though.

Wormhole is definitely the best use of Reaves since it doesnt have the 4hr CD. Im not saying that Engineering is not super useful.. Im just saying its in a state where its hard to judge whats actually intended and there are definitely aspects of its current design that are worrisome. However, even if it does go live as is, Im gonna keep it because it does still have all the perks from the previous expansions that I get some use out of. The other wormhole teleports, lootrang (engi exclusive now), gravity well, boots, ect. And who knows, maybe the combat module and blingtron module will be worth the crazy effort to build them.

I forced my wife to buy the Tundra Mammoth mount, just to have the vendor and repair while questing. How often do raiders need to effect repairs in the middle of a raid?

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    I forced my wife to buy the Tundra Mammoth mount, just to have the vendor and repair while questing. How often do raiders need to effect repairs in the middle of a raid?
    Number of times a repair bot is needed during a raid night depends on several factors (progression, farm, heroic, mythic, raid length, etc) but can certainly reach ten times per night, or even ten or more times per boss during progression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    No you can use the failure pylon during combat, it wont rez until combat ends though.

Wormhole is definitely the best use of Reaves since it doesnt have the 4hr CD. Im not saying that Engineering is not super useful.. Im just saying its in a state where its hard to judge whats actually intended and there are definitely aspects of its current design that are worrisome. However, even if it does go live as is, Im gonna keep it because it does still have all the perks from the previous expansions that I get some use out of. The other wormhole teleports, lootrang (engi exclusive now), gravity well, boots, ect. And who knows, maybe the combat module and blingtron module will be worth the crazy effort to build them.
    Sorry for the late reply. I guess you are right, I just feel it will be abit wasted having 2x. Although it is prob true that there is not that much to be gained as proffesions most likely will not be good for late game gearing + nto other benefit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    Depends on a lot of things. Usually gear breaks down once or twice per raid if you are really progressing (= wiping), less so on farm content. But if you need to ask that, then I doubt you are really raiding so this whole thing is irrelevant to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    Depends on a lot of things. Usually gear breaks down once or twice per raid if you are really progressing (= wiping), less so on farm content. But if you need to ask that, then I doubt you are really raiding so this whole thing is irrelevant to you.
    Never said I was a raider. :-)

It was a curiosity question, really. But yeah, I can see how the "big damage on death" thing could pile up quickly.