Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Police brutality? You mean when they shoot people that go for the gun or resist arrest and go for the gun? Also why on earth would you NOT do what they tell you? If you have nothing to hide, you may be cuffed, they search your car/pockets etc, then they remove cuffs and wish you a nice day. Why does it have to be otherwise, why do people think or feel that they are humiliated or that their rights are stepped on when the police is doing their job. Don't get me started on the IPhone terrorist shit that just happened like 2 months ago... same shit.

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    i would be curious as to weither the training of officers in america has a standard they all must follow or are they governed by states? there is almost only three different things that come onto australian media, cops shoot people, weekly mass shooting and other gun related stories
    there is a standard. unfortunately, not only its fairly low, but it also vary by location. in general - the denser populated the area is - the lower the standard for hiring and training. you would THINK that it would make more sense for it to be the opposite, but... it basically ends up a situation where fewer people actualy want to be cops than there are openings (and a need) so they lower the standard until they fill the positions. at the cost of hiring wrong people sometimes, unfortunately. and honestly firearms training that cops get (if you can call it that) is absolutely abysmal. its horrifying. unless police officers are themselves interested and pay for classes out of pocket? they training is just... barely rudimentary. so you take someone with training that shitty and yet, they make bad decisions in stressful situations. we NEED to fix that.

Theres been police brutality for years. Its just getting put in the spotlight everytime it happens to a minority these days because media wants your advertising dollars.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just another sensational Tsu thread, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    If you're looking for a way to have that data be meaningful in any way, I'd suggest looking at economic demographic breakdowns, instead of just by race. Then think about the catch-22 involved in why the demographics break down that way. Or you could just go with "facts are racist," and be ignorant.

BTW:

That's the guy you're quoting. An admitted rapist.
    1) I was being satirical, obviously facts can't be racist, but that's what people who support the black people killed say.

2) So a rapist provides facts from the FBI, and that discounts the facts somehow? Has LITERALLY nothing to do with anything. That's probably the WORST strawman attack I've ever seen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Nobody thinks that. Most everyone understands we have to take incidents case by case.
    Not only is the first part of your statement absolutely wrong, but you contradict yourself in your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    If you're looking for a way to have that data be meaningful in any way, I'd suggest looking at economic demographic breakdowns, instead of just by race. Then think about the catch-22 involved in why the demographics break down that way. Or you could just go with "facts are racist," and be ignorant.

BTW:

That's the guy you're quoting. An admitted rapist.
    Yeah I know I know everyones a victim unless they are white.

Also no I didn't rape her I just really felt like I did. Since it was a random and that was her thing, we fucked for a few weeks after that. You missed the part where I said she could only get off from watching movies where women are abused/tortured. Just weirded the fuck out of me cos she was just a chick from a pub who took me back to her place. Felt like I raped her to be honest but that's what she wanted. I know its hard for you to grasp that.
    Last edited by Bushtuckrman; 2016-07-09 at 01:38 AM.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    How about you act like a human being? You know, leave your car, show your documents etc

Or you can argue like a douche-bag till they shoot you.
    no. do NOT leave the car unless they ask you to step outside. leaving on your own can get you shot if some rookie freaks out, thinking you are getting out to attack them. do NOT exit your car unless they ask you to. seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    With all the cop brutality lately coupled with my immense distrust and contempt for police in general, I've been starting to wonder how to act when confronted by one. Seeing how they can now kill you on a whim (literally) if a cop ever wants to talk to you or has something to do with you, should you react by immediately getting on your knees, put your hands on your back, then proceed to beg for your life? I doubt this will move their sympathies since they could just laugh and shoot you in your skull, but is it better than nothing? I imagine, just doing something similar like putting your hands up if near one will only arouse aggression and suspicion so this is ONLY for if they have business with you.

I don't want to die just yet.
    Just don't resist arrest and if you have a gun, don't reach for your wallet if it's right beside it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Not only is the first part of your statement absolutely wrong, but you contradict yourself in your post.
    This isn't an argument. Try to explain why you think I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabka Uhalla View Post
    1) I was being satirical, obviously facts can't be racist, but that's what people who support the black people killed say.

2) So a rapist provides facts from the FBI, and that discounts the facts somehow? Has LITERALLY nothing to do with anything. That's probably the WORST strawman attack I've ever seen.
    facts from the FBI really has no meaning these days. the FBI has 0 credibility left

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    What are you on about? He got up from the ground and attacked the police. Was the police supposed to let the suspect take his gun too while "waiting"?
    Let's just agree to disagree , many people were divided on their thoughts about this case when it happened which still seems to be the case today.

for example

Bill Jones, 39, of Charlotte, is the father of three boys, ages 8 to 15.

The shooting, he said, "has pulled people apart. There are so many friends of mine that work for Eaton County or the Charlotte Police Department. It’s not that I don’t support our police, but I don’t think a slap on the wrist covers this.”

The state employee grew up in the county seat. He feels strongly Frost should have waited for backup rather than pulled Deven Guilford from the car he was driving.

“I don’t see any of that as necessary,” Jones said. “I feel that justice has not been done. I feel that family hasn’t been treated fairly.”

But Jones knows there are plenty of people who don’t agree with him. And some of them are friends.

“We’ve just kind of gotten to the point where we agree to disagree,” he said

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    With all the cop brutality lately coupled with my immense distrust and contempt for police in general, I've been starting to wonder how to act when confronted by one. Seeing how they can now kill you on a whim (literally) if a cop ever wants to talk to you or has something to do with you, should you react by immediately getting on your knees, put your hands on your back, then proceed to beg for your life? I doubt this will move their sympathies since they could just laugh and shoot you in your skull, but is it better than nothing? I imagine, just doing something similar like putting your hands up if near one will only arouse aggression and suspicion so this is ONLY for if they have business with you.

I don't want to die just yet.
    How to determine if you are safe when approached by the police:

1. Are you a criminal and are you actively threatening or not cooperating with the police?

No= Safe Yes= Danger! Unsafe!

15+ Year Old Account
    I love this. It's just too bad facts are racist.
    79% of people firing ON Police Officers are black.
    Only 69% percent of people shot by Police Officers are black.. they need better Aim I guess.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    quick tip - when stop by a cop, make sure to have your wallet ready and visible before they get to the car, roll your windows down in advance, keep both your hands visible - if you are the driver - keep them on the wheel.
    Having your wallet ready and keeping your hands on the wheel are usually mutually exclusive. Err on the side of keeping your hands visible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    This isn't an argument. Try to explain why you think I am wrong.
    See, again you do that. I'm not going to "try to explain" shit, because like you said, this isn't an argument.

There are dozens upon dozens of threads from the past two or three years on these forums, of cops murdering innocent people, and an unbelievable amount of people jumping up in their defense as if they're beyond reproach. Nothing to explain there.

I don't know which thought is more depressing. The thought that this person is clearly not making a serious post and is instead being derisive and intentionally looking to stir reactions, or the alternative, that he's so sheltered that he's actually serious.

But I guess I'll bite. OP, no. No you shouldn't. The police issues might seem bad but the amount of police brutality you've seen on the internet isn't even a spec of grain on a beach compared to how often police pull someone over and absolutely nothing of note happens. Most police officers are not villainous mustache-twirling murderers armed with guns, ready to shoot at a moment's notice.

It's not a straw man, it's an ad hominem, and it's not for nothing that I said it. I said it because it's clear they're not exactly a moral person and so likely don't care about representing reality truthfully. He provided facts with that don't accurately represent the situation. We know that poverty has a much bigger impact on who will commit crimes than race. If a racial demographic is concentrated in a poor economic demographic, then it's conflation to base any conclusion on race instead of economics. In other words, propaganda instead of an actual meaningful statistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Let's just agree to disagree , many people were divided on their thoughts about this case when it happened which still seems to be the case today.
    Did you watch the video? You can see how the suspect gets up from the ground and attacks the police. What mental gymnastics must be used to say that the police should "wait for backup" when being attacked, and alone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    79% of people firing ON Police Officers are black.
    Only 69% percent of people shot by Police Officers are black.. they need better Aim I guess.
    once again, this year, 238 out of 509 people killed by police have been white, 123 black. 123 out of 509 is not 69%, learn to math.