Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Unique Pre-order Only Model

So, apparently one of the potential weapon rewards from the Invasion is a Warglaive model unavailable elsewhere.

Since people getting physical copies of the expansion can't play Demon Hunters until the expansion launches, and the Invasion events will cease when the expansion launches, the appearance of that Warglaive will only be available to digital pre-purchasers.

What are people's thoughts on this?

Where did you get this from?

Has it been confirmed that the demon hunters can actually leave the starting zone during pre-launch? I recall them saying that you play the intro quest line, and then they are frozen until Legion is released. If this is true, the only reason for Blizzard to have Warglaive rewards would be if the demon invasions continue a few weeks into the actual expansion (something I also think I've heard somewhere).
    Last edited by Frood; 2016-07-09 at 05:20 AM.

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/legion...ch-demon-event

That and logic

-Can only learn an item's appearance if you can equip it
    -Only Demon Hunters can equip Warglaives
    -This weapon model is only available from the Invasion event
    -Only digital pre-orders will have Demon Hunter access during the Invasion Event
    -Upon the release of the expansion, the Invasion event will cease, and physical pre-order buyers will be able to play Demon Hunters

As such, you can only get this weapon's model during the few weeks between when digital pre-orders get their Demon Hunter access, and the launch. If you're getting a physical collector's edition, you can't play DH until the expansion launches, and as such cannot possibly take part in the Invasion event on that character.

First I've heard of this, but honestly even if it's true I'm okay with it.

it's just a generic warglaive, not exactly anything flashy. it's basically the glaive you start with, only without the glowing and slightly lower textures.

what upsets me is that i won't be able to get the 2h sword on my lock, for my felguard to use.

In any case, I'm fine with it. It'll just like the rest of unique pre-launch items like the scourge set or the Argent tabard.

99% sure that your fear is completely unfounded.

If the warglave model is that special, chances are, they will flag the item to auto populate into the new Wardrobe Xmog system even if you cant equip it, like I believe they said would happen to the Movie Promotional Items. My only Alliance Toon is a Druid, who literally can not equip either of the alliance Movie Xmog Rewards, but I am fairly sure they said that simply owning the item for those things would add it to the Wardrobe when it goes live.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Ugh, that's annoying. As someone who pre-ordered a CE, now do I not only get early access to Demon Hunters and the other rewards, I don't get this. Whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Source on where it says the model wont be available elsewhere after?
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

I think that warglaive model is the ugliest warglaive model in my opinion. I prefer the one from the Vault of the Wardens section in the starting zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Anamnesor View Post
    In any case, I'm fine with it. It'll just like the rest of unique pre-launch items like the scourge set or the Argent tabard.
    Not really.. Those items you could get with pre-ordering. The events were open to everyone. In the case of the glaives you have to have a digital pre-order to have the early access to the DH..

Quote Originally Posted by Anamnesor View Post
    At least those unique items had the benefit of every subscriber being able to play a class that could gather those items, though. In this case, you can literally only get the appearance if you've pre-ordered the expansion in one specific way. If the Warglaive weren't a reward, I wouldn't have any problem with it. The rest of the weapons are fair game, anyone can collect them if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    99% sure that your fear is completely unfounded.

If the warglave model is that special, chances are, they will flag the item to auto populate into the new Wardrobe Xmog system even if you cant equip it, like I believe they said would happen to the Movie Promotional Items. My only Alliance Toon is a Druid, who literally can not equip either of the alliance Movie Xmog Rewards, but I am fairly sure they said that simply owning the item for those things would add it to the Wardrobe when it goes live.
    As it stands right now, on the beta, this item doesn't appear in the Appearance tab for Demon Hunters, which strongly indicates it's flagged as unobtainable outside of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Haven't got a source saying that isn't the case, and given the lack of items sharing that model in Legion's current data on Wowhead, it seems likely that these are intended to be Legion's unique event-specific rewards, like the Argent Dawn tabard and the like.

If you know of them mentioning it'll be available after, I'm all ears. I'm very eager to be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I think that warglaive model is the ugliest warglaive model in my opinion. I prefer the one from the Vault of the Wardens section in the starting zone.
    It's fine to have that opinion, I don't care for it that much myself, but the fact is Demon Hunters have a range of Warglaive transmogs countable on one hand, not counting recolours, so the idea that one of the very few models is only available to people who are already getting rewarded with early access seems patently unfair to those who have pre-ordered physical editions.

"Buy two copies of Legion" isn't a valid solution.
    Last edited by Soeroah; 2016-07-09 at 05:29 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's just a generic warglaive, not exactly anything flashy. it's basically the glaive you start with, only without the glowing and slightly lower textures.

what upsets me is that i won't be able to get the 2h sword on my lock, for my felguard to use.
    2h sword?

don't you mean mace?

I don't see a 2h sword as part of the rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Velios View Post
    Has it been confirmed that the demon hunters can actually leave the starting zone during pre-launch? I recall them saying that you play the intro quest line, and then they are frozen until Legion is released. If this is true, the only reason for Blizzard to have Warglaive rewards would be if the demon invasions continue a few weeks into the actual expansion (something I also think I've heard somewhere).
    You seem to hear a lot of stuff that is either unknown or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    Pretty much this. That sword, the axes on a wrath guard, the mace and polearm from the pre-event... All of them I just look at and go yes, my fel guard would love to use those, IF HE COULD.

I really, really hope the Demo locks will get that glyph baseline and integrated with the Tmog system. Just have a side option with demon weapons that let you pick threw your earned 2 handers and choose various skins to use.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    2h sword?

don't you mean mace?

I don't see a 2h sword as part of the rewards
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/530052.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Exactly.
    Being available during the event does not exclude availability afterwards.
    The legion pre-event, and the battlefield barrens events prove that.
    There are still portions of their rewards available.

Quote Originally Posted by Orissan View Post
    Pretty much this. That sword, the axes on a wrath guard, the mace and polearm from the pre-event... All of them I just look at and go yes, my fel guard would love to use those, IF HE COULD.

I really, really hope the Demo locks will get that glyph baseline and integrated with the Tmog system. Just have a side option with demon weapons that let you pick threw your earned 2 handers and choose various skins to use.
    I have suggested that previously, that there is a glyph which pulls from the appearances collection.
    However the issue there is the choice aspect, which I don't think I have seen any other glyph offer.
    So it would most likely be random.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-09 at 05:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

the model is not that impressive. otherwise i might think that's pretty crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    "Buy two copies of Legion" isn't a valid solution.
    I am not saying it is. After I was burned on Warlords of Draenor since I pre-purchased and then bought the Collector's Edition, only to find out I was NOT credited back the original payment for the pre-purchase but rather given a code to give or sell to someone else when all my friends that play the game already had their copy was unacceptable. It is the sole reason I am not buying the Collector's Edition this time around since I will once again get a useless code and end up paying twice for the same game.