10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    As much as I love the game it feels like content quickly becomes stale and irrelevant due to how poorly it is tuned. Dungeons aren't particularly difficult but the new Nidhogg fight makes mechanics important enough to lead to a wipe if people ignore them...and in my opinion that is exactly what needs to happen in dungeons as well.
    I agree that they should make dungeons a little more "arrr".

Currently it doesn't seem to matter much whether players adhere to mechanics or whether they simply faceroll (Outside of "how much damage can I do as a WHM") because I can heal both with ease.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    It feels like people are talking about two different things at the moment.
    Yup, which is why I won't further discuss it, as it is off topic anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

We are talking about the objectively set difficulty of the dungeon content.
    If we were truly being objective, we'd stop at the minimum numbers required when discussing the set difficulty.

The effort required of the player to reach those numbers falls within the objective part, but how difficult they find meeting or exceeding that effort is when it becomes subjective, and it's that second part that leads to the judgment of whether players find something easy or hard.

Which is why I'm being pedantic about calling that judgment an irrefutable statement or fact. It's the one part that is based on opinion and perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    You could you know, try actually deconstructing my statement with sound examples and evidence, but nah why bother. Cool post fam.
    See above...but really you posted an opinion and treated it as fact. There's no deconstructing that needs to be done there.
    Last edited by Berethos08; 2016-07-09 at 12:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    If we were truly being objective, we'd stop at the minimum numbers required when discussing the set difficulty.
    Obviously... and the minimum being so low:

-no heal DPS ncessary
    -tank DPS completely irrelevant past holding threat
    -CD usage of the tank being irrelevant because a no-DPS heal would twiddle his thumbs 80% of the time anyway
    -DPS can get away with doing maybe 60% of their classes output and most bosses will still die (Hraesvelgr would be an exception thanks to platform "ernrage") due to no enrage and virtually limitless healer mana

Get why we call dungeons "objectively easy" now?
    You -literally- can ignore half your classes skills and still finish most dungeons w/o many problems.
    Hence why @Wrecktangle called them "AFK-easy to any half competent gamer".

PS: That's also why I stated that raiders create the challenge for themselves via parser. Because if you only care about doing what is needed for the boss to die, most raid encounters, even savage ones are rather easy too.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2016-07-09 at 08:26 AM.

So its looking like WoWs next update after a year or more might be the day we get deep dungeons. Can't think of any other mmo getting an update around the 19th unless swtor is getting one i forgot so i wonder if XIV's on Blizzards radar as 'the mmo competition' now?

Considering 6.2 came out when Heavensward launched day to day yeah I think they probably have for quite a while now.

Speaking of difficulty and savage 4 mans... I really wish there was a much harder version of the Aquapolis. Its pretty fun but the allure goes away pretty quickly when its so easy. Yes I understand its supposed to be easy but I would love a harder version of it because even though its easy its still pretty fun to do in your downtime with some friends.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-07-09 at 09:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    so i wonder if XIV's on Blizzards radar as 'the mmo competition' now?
    Only other really successful mainstream sub MMO in the west?

Yeah you can bet your arse on Blizzard keeping a close eye on this game.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So its looking like WoWs next update after a year or more might be the day we get deep dungeons. Can't think of any other mmo getting an update around the 19th unless swtor is getting one i forgot so i wonder if XIV's on Blizzards radar as 'the mmo competition' now?
    Most likely, yes. I'm not too worried though - FFXIV continues to pump out fresh content at a reliable and consistent basis. When it comes to Blizzard I have absolutely no interest in WoW anymore - I'm only concerned with Overwatch...and even then only if they bring out new content for that at a decent rate. The biggest issue with WoW is that Legion may very well have an incredible start...but then it'll be neglected by the developers for months and months at a time. I'd likely play both MMO's if they were more evenly matched in development cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Most likely, yes. I'm not too worried though - FFXIV continues to pump out fresh content at a reliable and consistent basis. When it comes to Blizzard I have absolutely no interest in WoW anymore - I'm only concerned with Overwatch...and even then only if they bring out new content for that at a decent rate. The biggest issue with WoW is that Legion may very well have an incredible start...but then it'll be neglected by the developers for months and months at a time. I'd likely play both MMO's if they were more evenly matched in development cycles.
    Tbh I'm giving Legion a shot. Stuck 6 months time on but kept the FF14 sub going and will log in to keep my relic going and so that I don't lose my house. Also I can barely read what I'm posting on a smartphone . But yeah when it comes to content pace and delivery wow is a joke.

If you really want some perspective... since ff14 came out all you got was warlords and 6.2. Yeah after so long this will be the first expansion I pass on at launch. I finally got all my friends who play mmos to switch too so I'm in a happy spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well darn, didn't know that there's Augmented -version of Blue Scrip gear -- was looking at Ironworks HQ gear like "Ugh.. 11 million for armor/accessory slots", and then FC-member said that I could just go and get i200 Scrip gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Tbh I'm giving Legion a shot.
    Me too. Though I doubt that I will ever be again a "continuous subscriber" in WoW.
    I'll probably pop in after a patch / expansion for a month or two and casual around.

Me too. Though I doubt that I will ever be again a "continuous subscriber" in WoW.
    I'll probably pop in after a patch / expansion for a month or two and casual around.
    Well that's pretty much the way they design the game nowadays. They want you to come back for content patches, maybe get 2 months of sub from you and then for you to come back for the next patch. I feel that FFXIV does a better job at keeping me subbed, and the sub is also much cheaper so that's a plus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I feel that FFXIV does a better job at keeping me subbed, and the sub is also much cheaper so that's a plus.
    Mmh.. sort of. FF-XIV keeps you busy mainly because of alts and carrots like the relic.

If I would not play any alt specs and didn't care about the relic, I'd only have to do one Mhach and one VArk run per WEEK in order to advance my WHM gear.

If you don't care about having the highest item level, you could very easily play FF-XIV with the same "sub for a month upon patch" approach and leave the daily "MMO-Busywork" gear treadmill stuff to the more bored folks.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's really weird to think that I started playing FFXIV after a couple of months into the last WoW patch. I beat heroic HFC a few times, got bored, started playing WoW...

And WoW is only JUST NOW getting its first major content update since I before I started playing FFXIV...

Jesus...

Has this been the longest WoW has gone without a content update or have there been longer?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think MoP to WoD is still going to be the longest one unless Legion gets delayed.

Get why we call dungeons "objectively easy" now?
    You -literally- can ignore half your classes skills and still finish most dungeons w/o many problems.
    Hence why @Wrecktangle called them "AFK-easy to any half competent gamer".
    I finally saw evidence today that not everyone exaggerates regarding the "people don't have to use half their skills".

Hullbreaker HM. At first I figured "this should be fast, this BLM has as much hp in here as I would" (I was DRK). However, the BLM never once used any HW skills. Straight up 2.0'ed it all the way through the dungeon. I think they cast Flare 2-3 times. If I facepalmed any harder, I may have smacked my own skull off of my shoulders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    It's really weird to think that I started playing FFXIV after a couple of months into the last WoW patch. I beat heroic HFC a few times, got bored, started playing WoW...

And WoW is only JUST NOW getting its first major content update since I before I started playing FFXIV...

Jesus...

Has this been the longest WoW has gone without a content update or have there been longer?
    It's pretty much neck and neck with the span from 5.4 to the start of WoD. Which, on that note, is pathetic to think of. Since 5.4, in September 2013, there's been 6.0/Warlords, the joke better known as 6.1, 6.2, then Legion at the end of next month. So 3 updates, 2 of which being expansions, in 3 years.

Edit: For my own entertainment, I looked up when ARR came out...Aug 27 2013. So in essentially the same time frame described above, this game's had everything from 2.0 up to now.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2016-07-10 at 07:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I think MoP to WoD is still going to be the longest one unless Legion gets delayed.
    I believe we've already surpassed the longest length of time between the final raid instance and the next expansion.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I believe we've already surpassed the longest length of time between the final raid instance and the next expansion.
    Just looked at it again. Siege is September 10 2013, and WoD is November 14.
    HFC is June 22 2015 and Legion is at August 30 2016.
    So yeah this Legion does take the cake, lol. By a week or so, =\

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Jesus...
    No, I think the SoO Patch was longer still.

I know what you mean though. I stopped raiding last May and basically quit WoW (except a bit of garrisonlul until the token prices skyrocketed).
    That was over a year ago and these poor sods didn't get ANY content whatsoever. Oo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I finally saw evidence today that not everyone exaggerates regarding the "people don't have to use half their skills".
    Yeah I think it's much easier to go with "half your skills" as DPS but if the tank does the normal "4 mobs max" pulls I would need exactly 3 buttons:

-Single target heal 2
    -AoE heal 2
    -Dispel

Everything else is not needed and could be ignored safely.

As a Tank I also would need 3 buttons (same item level as DPS required, if you have less gear you NEED the Powerslash combo too):
    -Unleash
    -Basic attack
    -Manareg

Chelly
    So I resubbed and have a Dragoon at lvl ~52, but I'm kinda tired of Dragoons. Should I stick with it to lvl 60 or try out another job? The main issue I have with leveling up another job is that I won't have the main quest item rewards.
    Is it hard to get gear as good as the main quest rewards for your second class?