Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Totally off-topic... but I agree with him.
    By what observable metric?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    The fact that you're happy about it, makes your intentions on this forum crystal clear.
    I don't get it... I'm happy because of what? Because someone said that Legion is WoD 2? Yeah, that made me laugh, because so one played Legion yet, what's you point? It's impossible to compare WoD to Legion, because we still didn't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    By what observable metric?
    WoD had better Lore, better Leveling, Garrisons(which were kinda cool for me), didn't have tons of Dailies and Pandas.

I don't get it... I'm happy because of what? Because someone said that Legion is WoD 2? Yeah, that made me laugh, because so one played Legion yet, what's you point? It's impossible to compare WoD to Legion, because we still didn't play it.

WoD had better Lore, better Leveling, Garrisons(which were kinda cool for me), didn't have tons of Dailies and Pandas.
    My bad. Meant to quote the guy above you.
    Blame the morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    But WOD managed to lose half of its sub base in 6 months. Now that's a more observable metric, isn't it?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    My bad. Meant to quote the guy above you.
    Blame the morning.
    Happens, it's saturday afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    But WOD managed to lose half of its sub base in 6 months. Now that's a more observable metric, isn't it?
    Yes I know that it wasn't "best" expansion. But for me it was still better than MoP because of the reasons I wrote above. It's just not objective opinion.

Half its sub base... when the game is already in some form of decline... when the expansion was heavily touted to be a return to Burning Crusade and, let's face it, wasn't...

I just don't think we can honestly say WHY all those people left. We can speculate, but can we really say that, what, six million people up and left because "it sucked"? Come on. Six million people will have six million reasons, and some are gonna be similar, sure, but all of them? Nah.

We don't know, for instance, how many were just looky-loos. Subbed/resubbed to have a look around, didn't like what they saw, so they left. Doesn't mean, like people love to say, that they ran out of content or whatever. That they killed Archi in LFR and quit because there was nothing left to do. Maybe it just wasn't what they wanted.

Deleted
    Beta Access now, copied chars over, played a bit. Done. No hype. PvP seems still terrible broken

Quote Originally Posted by Professional Extra View Post
    Beta Access now, copied chars over, played a bit. Done. No hype. PvP seems still terrible broken
    what did you expect of beta ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    It doesn't require a patch because we already downloaded the patch on the background downloaded yesterday 7/7/2016. I'm 99% sure the patch is going to be playable on the 19th, as all the other dates for season ends have been on the same day with other major patches.
    i just cant believe this fucking patch added another 20gb lol

finally.. the worst season of the worst addon is coming to an end...

Bit of an unfair point to make.

WoD also brought back a TON of people who hadn't played since WotLK / Cataclysm.
    Just before and while WoD came out the amount of subscribers went up with 3 million back up to cataclysm levels.

WoD might have lost just under half it's player base, but that just remotely puts it back to levels where it would have been without that spike in subs.

Despite it's many flaws; WoD had some really good things going. The raids were pretty solid; not Ulduar/ICC level, but definitely much better than Cataclysm and the first tier of MoP.
    Quests and questlines were solid; good lore, some great characters and amazing ending cinematics in the zones.
    Garrisons had some good things going for them, they missed the mark on a few important things (too much free gathering; gated professions; too much gain from doing it on many alts), but it had some good stuff as well. The feeling of your own base/town was nice; I personally quite liked the missions, even in their simplicity, they felt somewhat rewarding.

We'll probably just get on the complain-train in Legion again as well; but for all it's upcoming flaws, it's bound to have some really good stuff as well.
    From what I can tell the new transmog system looks good, the new world quest system looks solid and the profession changes look quite good at first sight as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JaceDraccus View Post
    I just don't think we can honestly say WHY all those people left.
    I left because there was no flying, and without it half of what you can do solo pve is meaningless

LOL is this not the saddest most loser tryhard review of a game i ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    LOL is this not the saddest most loser tryhard review of a game i ever seen
    i agree. fuck him. im on beta and i was on alpha. Legion is fantastic and the new features are well done. visuals are stunning and the story line build up is definitely something you just want to keep following. PVP is broken? what beta wasnt pvp broken on? Nothing is tuned properly...because its beta. However, i wont be a blizzard brown-noser and not tell it like it is. I really hate how the classes have been stripped down. My action bars for my warlock on beta compared to my warlock on live are practically empty. They took away so much and/or made it passive. They actually took away shadowfury...seriously. the one nice little stun mechanic we had. was it really breaking the game that it had to go?

Who actually cares anymore. Anyone who actually cared about this game (who isn't delusional) has already left. There is no passion left anymore. Even Blizzard's trying to brush this cashcow under the rug to focus more on Overwatch and Hearthstone.

I'm fairly certain Legions going to be an even bigger flop than WoD:
    "You can't possibly say that! It's not even out yet! don't be ridiculous!"

Guys, come on, wake up.. most people left WoD before it even finished due to terrible design choices, ashran, lack of challenging content that wasn't artificially difficult + the evergrowing list of issues from the last 8 or so years where problems have kept piling up -- and then, that wasn't all, even more people left over the year waiting period.

Blizzard already used the "We've changed, This time it'll be a clean slate" card with WoD, and they blew it...hard. Unless people just forgot, or decided not to hold grudges.

And hell, After playing the alpha/beta? the lack of content is palpable, the breadth of change is slim and the content ocean is more like a content puddle. Honestly, I'd be surprised if Sub numbers got above 7 million, and I'd be even more surprised if they stayed for more than 2 months after launch.

I think WoW is literally 4 months or so away from actually being dead and buried.
    Last edited by JohnnyMccrum; 2016-07-09 at 02:11 PM.

Loved Mop.

Loved WoD with my Guild.

Can't wait for Legion, hope I can find the time to play!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deffusse View Post
    what did you expect of beta ?
    A game that isn't in early alpha state. They'll never get the balancing done before release. Everything I've seen yet says "It's WoD 2.0" with less gold on your garrison and even worse pvp season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    Who actually cares anymore. Anyone who actually cared about this game (who isn't delusional) has already left. There is no passion left anymore. Even Blizzard's trying to brush this cashcow under the rug to focus more on Overwatch and Hearthstone.

Guys, come on, wake up.. most people left WoD before it even finished due to terrible design choices, ashran, lack of challenging content that wasn't artificially difficult + the evergrowing list of issues from the last 8 or so years where problems have kept piling up -- and then, that wasn't all, even more people left over the year waiting period.

Blizzard already used the "We've changed, This time it'll be a clean slate" card with WoD, and they blew it...hard. Unless people just forgot, or decided not to hold grudges.

And hell, After playing the alpha/beta? the lack of content is palpable, the breadth of change is slim and the content ocean is more like a content puddle. Honestly, I'd be surprised if Sub numbers got above 7 million, and I'd be even more surprised if they stayed for more than 2 months after launch.

I think WoW is literally 4 months or so away from actually being dead and buried.
    dude, you really think that?????? even at the state of WoW at the moment, the game still is the biggest MMO out there. With FF comming second but no close.

You sound like any other of the 100 that ever expansion said that is the end of WoW

- - - Updated - - -

A game that isn't in early alpha state. They'll never get the balancing done before release. Everything I've seen yet says "It's WoD 2.0" with less gold on your garrison and even worse pvp season 1.
    why you dont stop playing then and go play something more, but nothing from Legion say "WoD 2.0"

Deleted

Nothing like talking utter shit is there?

Who actually cares anymore. Anyone who actually cared about this game (who isn't delusional) has already left. There is no passion left anymore..
    Translated: "I'm not passionate about something anymore, meaning no one is and those that are are delusional!"

Sorry (not) but that's a pretty damned delusional way of reasoning... Looking forward to laughing at the next person burping the same shit when we're facing the next expansion, and the 10th, and 11th...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-07-09 at 04:21 PM.