Poll: Which BG should be cycled out?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    How about we cycle none out? How about we just group them up by category (Point Control, Capture the Flag, Seige, Payload) and let players queue up for what they actually want to play?

How about Holinka's clowns actually do their fucking job and produce some new battleground content of any description for the first time in three years?

Last how about we bring back a deterministic gearing system for PvP so people can chose when, how and in what order they earn their non-randomised PvP gear?

These are the questions we should be asking and discussions we should be having. Not trying to barter with fickle overlords as to which of our toys they will take away.
    Their new system is actually good, not forcing the system to be pushed off grinding stupid PvP gear that's REQUIRED to be useful and non (watch me get wrecked). It's a good system. They need to focus PvP more and give us something new, but it's not NEARLY as bad as you're painting it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why is there so much hate against Isle of Conquest and Strand of the Ancients? I have been pushing for them to be added to the 10v10 RBG rotation for years!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krieger View Post
    Why is there so much hate against Isle of Conquest and Strand of the Ancients? I have been pushing for them to be added to the 10v10 RBG rotation for years!!!
    they aren't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Xela903 View Post
    I would like to see a Deathmatch type BG. Like 1st team to 200kills (or w/e) wins.
    Seems fun. Heh.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    Seems fun. Heh.
    Could be fun if it was like a 200 vs 200 fight no respawns. Spread out over a big map with flags etc. Although something like this will probably never work.

Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post

wow blizzard I just made a simple fun BG format that would be new and interesting to wow pvp.

Hire me.
    Seems no one replied on your post, all that effort for nothing I like your idea! Although 30% CD reduction is going to favor the more heavy CD dependant classes (enhancement uhuuu).

They could completely remove the 2 dog shit Wrath battle grounds and I doubt anybody would notice.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I hope they create more 40v40 battlegrounds.. I don't know why, but I always enjoy those the most.

I wish they would make an objective styled PVP Battleground, with different phases throughout the match.

The idea is based on Battlefield's Rush mode

It should be about doing differtent kind of stuff per phase/map:
    - Planting a bomb / defending bombplace
    - Capture tower / defending tower
    - Killing NPC / defending NPC
    - Etc.

The attacking team gets 'x' tickets/lives to do the first objective. Once they succeed the map phases to another piece of the map with a new objective and an added amount of tickets/lives for the attacking team. Their should be about 3 or 4 phases per map imo. Objectives should be rewarded to stimulate people doing it.

Defending/Attacking rounds (like Strand of the Ancients) to avoid balance problems.

Ofcourse there should be side nodes to capture to:
    - Increase/decrease tickets/lives
    - Increase/decrease HP of boss/towers
    - Increase/decrease casttime of planting bomb
    - Etc.

* EDIT *
    This might sound like a FPS player, who just want a (MMO)RPG to be like an FPS but it's not.
    Actually I came up with a quick example to keep it more RPG/Lore wise.

First phase
    - Attacking team starts/spawn in a prison with prisongear (RPG element) and iLvL minus 'x' for example
    - Defending team starts/spawn with full gear at armory
    - Objective: Attacking / Defending armorygate/door
    Sidenote: Attacking team have a strong npc that fights with them, to balance the iLvL difference out

Second phase
    - Attacking team starts/spawn at armory and are now full geared but can't use mounts (RPG element)
    - Defending team starts/spawn at stables and can use mounts
    - Objective: Attacking / Defending stablemaster NPC boss
    Sidenote: Time to stables travelling by foot should be equil to travelling by mount

Third phase
    - Attacking team starts/spawn at stables and are full geared and can use mounts (you will ride a horse for RPG element)
    - Defending team start/spawn at colosseum
    - Objective: The attacking team wins if the defending team has no single player inside the colosseum
    Sidenote: Respawntime or corpserunning should be balanced

This game mode should not have vehicle crap!
    Last edited by Ninthelora; 2016-07-08 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenderxx View Post
    I hope they create more 40v40 battlegrounds.. I don't know why, but I always enjoy those the most.
    i used to love AV but since they changed it to rush for boss mode i dont really like it anymore.. i like big long lasting battles. sure it can probably not be like in vanilla with lasting for days.. but atleast make it last around 30-40 minutes or something.

Quote Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
    i used to love AV but since they changed it to rush for boss mode i dont really like it anymore.. i like big long lasting battles. sure it can probably not be like in vanilla with lasting for days.. but atleast make it last around 30-40 minutes or something.
    I totally agree! Maybe even a 20v20?

I just want the moba style BG we were promised ages ago... AI minion waves (akin to hyjal?) 3 lanes, kills grant some kind of tokens, which you can trade in at the base for boosts of hp/power/crit etc...

I would love that :P a 10v10 moba style 3 lane map. complete with jungle camps, minion waves, towers... would be amazing.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Voted For SotA, IoC and TP.
    First 2 - vehicle combat is just not exciting.
    TP only because it is a clone of Warsong in terms of gameplay..
    The others all offer individual gameplay styles
    EotS/BFG/AB/DWG whilst similar, have varying nodes and a flag which completely changes the gameplay within them

Maybe there should be an option based on game mode instead of individual map (which becomes randomised)
    CTF (wsg/TP), King of the hill (AB/DWG/EotS/BfG), payload (SSM), and large scale base invasion (AV/IoC).

Wouldnt shed a tear if SotA disappeared. It was fun for a while. Maybe if it was grouped with AV/IoC.

woops, seems i was beaten to it. posted and voted first
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    How about we cycle none out? How about we just group them up by category (Point Control, Capture the Flag, Seige, Payload) and let players queue up for what they actually want to play?
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2016-07-09 at 10:57 AM.

Deleted
    Ever since the blacklist feature was implemented I have IoC and SotA on that list. Just simply hate those maps due to the layout and always being forced to "team up" with hk farming people who don't give a shit about objectives at all. Then again when I played them it was just one big botfest anyway. Never bothered checking if that is still the case.

Deleted
    IoC and AV are my usual blacklists.

Surprised to see so much hate for Strand, that's one of the least obnoxious BG's imo.
    AV could really use some tuning though, I tried un-blacklisting it recently but it's as big a disaster as ever, horde seems incapable of winning it.

IoC is the only one I'd want outright removed, it's horrific.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    IoC and AV are my usual blacklists.

Surprised to see so much hate for Strand, that's one of the least obnoxious BG's imo.
    AV could really use some tuning though, I tried un-blacklisting it recently but it's as big a disaster as ever, horde seems incapable of winning it.

IoC is the only one I'd want outright removed, it's horrific.
    My thoughts exactly except that I never went back after the blacklisting. IoC is indeed an abomination.

As to the others, the only one that I have a deep hatred for is Deepwind Gorge and wouldn't be adverse to them cycling that one out. I still enjoy WSG and AB after all these years.