Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Monday was sunny. North Korea calls it an act of war.

Tuesday it rained. North Korea calls it an act of war.

Wednesday was sunny again. North Korea calls it an act of war.

Thursday. The water in Kim's pool was 2C below the perfect 30C. The Great Leader was unamused and executed his second uncle and all his gardeners, and then kidnapped a Japanese engineer to fix his pool.

Friday. It's been 48 hours without declaring war, Kim is bored, so he declares war on South Korea and threatens to shell Seoul. Instead he launches a missile that misfires and drops into his backyard destroying is pool and killing his Japanese Pool fixing engineer. North Korea calls it an act of war by Japan and shells an empty island of the South Korean shore.

Saturday. Friday was a busy day and Kim needs some well earned rest and relaxation, so he goes to play Pokemon Go, carried around on a pedestal held up by starving South Korean children, and the Pokemons are played by live action actors, who have to fight to death for the honor of entering Kim's Collection. Gotta catch em all.

Sunday. Kim watches Independence Day 2. North Korea calls it an act of war and threatens to immolate the West Coast in Nuclear fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    North Korea can't possibly win a war with United States, (or any other country). they live in poverty and have no food. no food = no army.

they have shit technology, any western world would destroy them. honestly i'm surprised south korea don't just roll tanks in and take it.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Can't economic sanctions be considered an act of war, similar to an embargo or blockade? N Korea says alot of crazy shit, but this isn't one of them.

"If goods don't cross borders, armies will."

Maybe the sanctions aren't technically an act of war but it'll give N Korea "jus ad bellum" the right to go to war.
    The moment they feel like committing countrywide suicide, they'll go to war with someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    North Korea can't possibly win a war with United States, (or any other country). they live in poverty and have no food. no food = no army.

they have shit technology, any western world would destroy them. honestly i'm surprised south korea don't just roll tanks in and take it.
    Except North Korea has twice as many tanks. If they were a walk over they'd have been walked over years ago.

Good. So this time if they attack, we can just bomb those fuckers like we did with nagasaki and heroshima. But this time, we've gained when i comes to nuke tech...ehehehehheeheheheeee. If these bastards want to face earths superpower, AKA the U.S (Said by putin...not me), THEN THEY HAVE IT! They're fucked anyway. I mean, their leader is fatter than humpty dumpty, with hair so fake, even the worst wig wearer ever finds it silly af. While the people there now eat plants because of the fact that they suck at food production. LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Except North Korea has twice as many tanks. If they were a walk over they'd have been walked over years ago.
    kk...so?! We could just jump in and fuck N. korea up. It's like the north koreans forgot that WWII ever existed. LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Good. So this time if they attack, we can just bomb those fuckers like we did with nagasaki and heroshima. But this time, we've gained when i comes to nuke tech...ehehehehheeheheheeee. If these bastards want to face earths superpower, AKA the U.S (Said by putin...not me), THEN THEY HAVE IT! They're fucked anyway. I mean, their leader is fatter than humpty dumpty, with hair so fake, even the worst wig wearer ever finds it silly af. While the people there now eat plants because of the fact that they suck at food production. LOL!
    *distant sound of Eagles, gunfire and tea falling into a harbor*

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    *distant sound of Eagles, gunfire and tea falling into a harbor*
    Peral harbor? LOL! that was 1 attack, and even then they couldn't find a way to take us down from any other angle. However, because they were such pussies, we bombed the living hell outta them!

10+ Year Old Account

South Korea is batshit scared of China, and so should they be. Attacking North Korea would force China's hand, and even with all the support from the USA they have, by the time some American contingency gets deployed and arrives there China could have already destroyed Seoul.

kk...so?! We could just jump in and fuck N. korea up. It's like the north koreans forgot that WWII ever existed. LOL
    Yea, you go champ. Take em down. I'm sure China won't mind.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

If it didn't spell out human anihillation, I'd love to see the US, with all you idiots who still think you're the greatest thing ever on the frontlines, fighting against N. Korea and China. Because if you think China wouldn't step up to defend N. Korea you're even more naive. And China wouldn't be a pushover for your "oh so greatest superpower".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Yea, you go champ. Take em down. I'm sure China won't mind.
    The vast majority of users that come here saying the US is the best country in the world probably aren't even old enough to fully understand how global politics works and what waging war means, or even that other countries might have allies as powerful as (or maybe even more) as their country.

Can't economic sanctions be considered an act of war, similar to an embargo or blockade? N Korea says alot of crazy shit, but this isn't one of them.

Maybe the sanctions aren't technically an act of war but it'll give N Korea "jus ad bellum" the right to go to war.
    We cut off Japan's oil supply in WWII, many believe they were "forced" to attack us. So this sort of thing has "caused" wars. It is just hard to take Kim seriously since he is always threatening war and blustering.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    If it didn't spell out human anihillation, I'd love to see the US, with all you idiots who still think you're the greatest thing ever on the frontlines, fighting against N. Korea and China. Because if you think China wouldn't step up to defend N. Korea you're even more naive. And China wouldn't be a pushover for your "oh so greatest superpower".

- - - Updated - - -

The vast majority of users that come here saying the US is the best country in the world probably aren't even old enough to fully understand how global politics works and what waging war means, or even that other countries might have allies as powerful as (or maybe even more) as their country.
    It would certainly be a tough call for China if we did attack N Korea. China and the USA have too much invested in each other to ever fight, despite all the posturing. I imagine that if it got to the point where something just had to be done about N Korea- we would discuss it with China and come up with a strategy together. I also think the strategy would involve China taking the action against N Korea in some way (don't think it would be an attack) to "punish" them.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then let them do something about it. We are waiting. :P

The reason why is rather simple. Seoul is close enough to the North Korean border that artillery strikes would inflict massive civilian casualties unless evacuated. North Korea pretty much has all of its artillery aimed at Seoul. Ignoring the fact there are plenty of other population centers within North Korea's reach, Seoul itself is a big fat target that South Korea cannot adequately defend. And no matter how large of a force was mustered, NK's Cold-War era, dilapidated but still very functional artillery would cause massive destruction before they could be destroyed. And make no mistake, any victory South Korea could gain would be pyrrhic by its very nature.

Kim Jong-Un knows this. All this chest-thumping is designed to show South Korea and the United States that they have the capability to cause a lot of destruction. All the rest of the bluster is for the sake of controlling their own people.

Really, at the end of the day, as much as you might sympathize for the people of North Korea, there's no nation on Earth that wants to take on the responsibility invading comes with. You'd have tens of millions of backward, uneducated citizens without the capacity to take care of themselves. Despots like Kim Jong-Un are the best friends the first world could ask for. They do all the morally reprehensible shit we pretend we're too good for, and we take none of the blame. Putting a bullet in Kim Jong-Un's head wouldn't magically make all of NK's problems go away, it would just suddenly make their problems all of ours.

Peral harbor? LOL! that was 1 attack, and even then they couldn't find a way to take us down from any other angle. However, because they were such pussies, we bombed the living hell outta them!
    I don't thnik anyone involved in the island hopping campaign in WWII would consider the Japanese pussies. Even when faced with an invasion of their main land, they fought to the bitter end. We had to drop two a bombs on them. The first one didn't even do it. Then they were faced with: an obviously superior technology (a-bombs, for all they knew we had plenty more), death on a massive scale and a mainland invasion. Only a suicidal fool would have continued that fight.

We're still technically at war with them...

US: "Okay. Do something."

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You're living in the past. China is far closer to the United States than they are to North Korea. Why do you think Kim Jong-Un has executed Chinese collaborators in the military with such zeal? China "supports" North Korea just to maintain a buffer between themselves and the West. They do not want a direct border with South Korea, and the headaches that come along with that. However, their relationship is about as cold as it gets. They sure as hell wouldn't go to war over them and ruin their entire economy. The reality is that if North Korea did something that justified an invasion, China would be racing to invade North Korea before South Korea could.

I know you're talking about war as a pure hypothetical (see: would never happen) but even then, China wouldn't have a pot to piss in. They don't have enough allies, and are at a huge strategic disadvantage. China's so desperate to expand their hold they create land masses to put military bases. The United States (and by extension, most Western governments) have done a great job at stacking the deck against China and Russia. All that bluster about America's might isn't exactly a bunch of hot air.