Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    Well there is one simple solution same in other games, keep reporting every single one of them. U can press "P" find his name in current game or if u alrdy left there is recent games tab aswell, right click on it, report and so on so on, just type "abusive chat" and move on.
    I never believe in censoring people. Just call them a fuck head, mute them and move on with your day.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    I've not personally looked at the forums but I was in a group on competitive play last night and we had a lvl 26 guy change his character on every death as if he was practising the characters, I only mentioned to him he was reseting his ult every time he changed and he gave me some serious abuse so I blocked him, of course we lost the game.
    "Why are you playing Widow, this is king of the hill" "FUCK YOU VIRGIN NECKBEARD" ...I think I had better experiences on League honestly...
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

You should all just stop this QQ, nothing will ever change, and you need to adapt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Even if it's a few days, it makes them aware that their shit is being logged and that it's not tolerated. Hell, throw a penalty on their rated play as well. It depends on the level, but the stuff I saw last night, where every other word was racist, homophobic or sexist; then that guy just needs shooting into the sun, no one is going to miss that or demand their few seconds queue time back because they could have played with them.
    I just don't agree, but perhaps that is because I am an adult who can handle adult words and subjects. If you don't like somebody or what they have to say there are options already in place to not see another word from them. I am just not somebody who believes that everything should be ruled by authority but I guess you believe in authoritarianism.

Also you would probably get salty over the fact that my name is 'RemoveKebab' but then I am oceanic so people think its funny cos us aussies still have a sense of humor.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    I don't think people should be banned because they fit your definition of being toxic. You can ignore players as it is also you can mute anyone on voice and chat. I do think they should bring back the 'no longer play with this person again' feature but that was probably detrimental on queue times at least in some cases.
    The thing is that it isn't being banned because they fit MY definition of being toxic, they fit OUR definition of being toxic. If I report someone for being toxic, and no one else does, then nothing happens. If a person is enough of a problem that they are reported by many people, then they don't really belong as part of the group.
    Fine, they don't need to ban them, Blizzard can just make a "Toxic" bracket, and they can all play together. Kind of like GTA V. It doesn't need to be permanent, but enough of a kick in the balls that they have to decide if being a douche is worth it.

THEY HAVE A MUTE FUNCTION IN THESE GAMES FOR A REASON!!!! CASE IN POINT END THREAD HERE. the funny part about this whole situation is you dont like how people rage in games but you come to these forums to rage about the ragers which makes you just as bad as them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ewokgangbang View Post
    THEY HAVE A MUTE FUNCTION IN THESE GAMES FOR A REASON!!!! CASE IN POINT END THREAD HERE. the funny part about this whole situation is you dont like how people rage in games but you come to these forums to rage about the ragers which makes you just as bad as them.
    Posting a forum thread makes you as bad as someone who constantly spews shit in Chat? Lol, sure

OT: Coming from The DoTA 2 community, i highly would like to see OW implement a Report function so that they can put a temporary text ban on people who don't behave.

Or put them in Low prio brackets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    The thing is that it isn't being banned because they fit MY definition of being toxic, they fit OUR definition of being toxic. If I report someone for being toxic, and no one else does, then nothing happens. If a person is enough of a problem that they are reported by many people, then they don't really belong as part of the group.
    Fine, they don't need to ban them, Blizzard can just make a "Toxic" bracket, and they can all play together. Kind of like GTA V. It doesn't need to be permanent, but enough of a kick in the balls that they have to decide if being a douche is worth it.
    I just can't agree. In all honesty when I hear toxic players that I do not like I just press P and mute their chat and mic and jobs done. I am of the belief of 'I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to defend your right to say it'.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just don't agree, but perhaps that is because I am an adult who can handle adult words and subjects. If you don't like somebody or what they have to say there are options already in place to not see another word from them. I am just not somebody who believes that everything should be ruled by authority but I guess you believe in authoritarianism.

Also you would probably get salty over the fact that my name is 'RemoveKebab' but then I am oceanic so people think its funny cos us aussies still have a sense of humor.
    I am pretty sure that it is actually the opposite of "Authoritarianism" when the community a player is part of, votes to have them removed from the community.
    Last edited by Zenotetsuken; 2016-07-09 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Didn't mean to come off like an asshole

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure that it is actually the opposite of "Authoritarianism" when the community a player is part of, votes to have them removed from the community.
    Well it is still a collective authoritarianism. You can think of it in the same vein as reddit subs where upvoting and downvoting creates a system of what is allowed and disallowed to be said. I welcome peoples opinions weather they be positive or negative and will defend peoples right to say either. If I don't like it personally in Overwatch, I have the option of ignoring that person.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just can't agree. In all honesty when I hear toxic players that I do not like I just press P and mute their chat and mic and jobs done. I am of the belief of 'I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to defend your right to say it'.
    Honestly, I can understand that, but the issue is when more and more of the community is exposed to their toxic attitude, more and more people in turn become toxic themselves. Toxic attitude is like a zombie outbreak, just look at LoL.
    You muting them is fine, but all that does is make it no longer your immediate problem, and it pushes that problem onto the next person/group who might not be as able to ignore their BS as you are. What happens when the Toxic players outnumber the non? Should people who bought a game to have fun playing, just be expected to abandon it, simply because we refuse to hold people to any sort of standards?

Well, when you live in an age where people earn a living by playing video games you will see more *Toxic* behavior. Think about an office environment, and how sometimes that can also be toxic in its own way.

Also, playing video games is very competitive, and most people don't play anymore just to have fun. That also could possibly breed a toxic environment.

All this can transfer to the any type of medium like forums ect.
    Last edited by jibberbox85; 2016-07-09 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I had a match where we lost close at the end. Our opponents spammed the chat with things like "rekt", "pwnd" etc.

I replied with one single "nice cheese" and suddenly opened a shitstorm can. I rarely got flamed like this ever in a game before.

"Kiddo, fck ur mom"
    "Please die"
    "Eat ur shit"
    "Delete the game"
    "Go fck our sis"

I was stunned how someone call me a kid when acting like a 12 year old hyperactive ritalin doped stepchild from the wrong neighbourhood.
    You just gotta report dick heads like that. hopefully blizz might actually do something.

Funny little sotry, one time someone was acting up, so i took the time to fill out a report; got kicked for inactivity. GG blizz.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well it is still a collective authoritarianism. You can think of it in the same vein as reddit subs where upvoting and downvoting creates a system of what is allowed and disallowed to be said. I welcome peoples opinions weather they be positive or negative and will defend peoples right to say either. If I don't like it personally in Overwatch, I have the option of ignoring that person.
    It is more akin to a reddit sub about something like Pokemon for example, and someone decides "lawl, screw everyone else, I'm gonna do what I want." and posts a dick pic. Sure, you can ignore them, but that still doesn't stop every single person who views the page from first having to see the dick pic to know that they need to ignore the person. How long do you think it would take after that for someone else to post a dick pic? Soon, without moderation, that Pokemon sub reddit would become nothing but dicks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I can understand that, but the issue is when more and more of the community is exposed to their toxic attitude, more and more people in turn become toxic themselves. Toxic attitude is like a zombie outbreak, just look at LoL.
    You muting them is fine, but all that does is make it no longer your immediate problem, and it pushes that problem onto the next person/group who might not be as able to ignore their BS as you are. What happens when the Toxic players outnumber the non? Should people who bought a game to have fun playing, just be expected to abandon it, simply because we refuse to hold people to any sort of standards?
    I think you are talking about extremes however. Yes in competitive gaming a toxic community develops and there is a great many examples to list. I think it has more to do with human nature than individuality. But Overwatch has a strong casual atmosphere and controls in place already to limit toxicity as I have said already. You will never get rid of toxic players and penalising toxic players I believe is detrimental to the game as a whole ie queue times. Maybe you don't agree with me but in all honesty I think its best to mute toxic players than to disable them from playing. Call them out as being salty dickheads or just outright block them without saying a word. I guess we feel differently on this but I think my viewpoint overall is better for the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venedia View Post
    I am in shock atm.

I played in the beta for half of its duration, and had a blast.
    "Everyone" communicated and worked together.

But it seems after they opened the floodgates, the community turned insanely toxic.
    I just took a look on official forums for shits and giggles, and just wow.

Is the toxicity of LoL transfering over to OW, since it became the most popular current game?
    Welcome to the internet.

A Blizzard games community is toxic?! RUBBISH.

Quote Originally Posted by Venedia View Post
    I am in shock atm.

I played in the beta for half of its duration, and had a blast.
    "Everyone" communicated and worked together.

But it seems after they opened the floodgates, the community turned insanely toxic.
    I just took a look on official forums for shits and giggles, and just wow.

Is the toxicity of LoL transfering over to OW, since it became the most popular current game?
    you complain to much
    nobody cares about your personal feelings
    you don't belong here if this is to much , maybe you need to drink some tea and watch a chick flick or something
    gl in life

Deleted
    Ive been saying this for years now, and u thick people still dont realize it, but every single game has the EXACT same community. So stop this BS with 'OMG THIS GAMES COMMUNITY IS THE WORST AMGGGG'. No its not, its the same as any game

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    I have barely heard any raging or insulting from anyone tbh, its really not that bad.
    Shit...full of. Its in just about every game even down to the odd comment or bit of shit talk.
    I had 2 games last night where everyuone said 'gg' the other 30 was there was always some shit talk.

The community here is no diff than the community in wow lol cod etc etc. Today's gaming generation are selfish arrogant,wannabe privileged cunts.
    Last edited by BatteredSausage; 2016-07-09 at 02:26 PM.