Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    To be perfectly honest, the launch is probably only as bad as it is because people outside the intended launch areas are also logging in, adding a ton of stress to the servers. Granted they could have probably saw this coming but given the game isn't "officially" launched everywhere, i would say at least give it a week to settle down.
    As I said elsewhere, considering Niantic has been running Ingress for three and half years and actually Ingress had launch worldwide from start (even the beta was not region locked), they had the experiences and they should've prepared. If nothing else they coulda prolong the beta for a month, release it worldwide and do one huge stress test before releasing the game live. Yet they chose to go live, did region check only for downloads (lol wut), so they don't deserve our pity tbh. Maybe they underestimated the sheer numbers ppl that would want to play PoGo. Or maybe they just hired Blizzard's employees as the launch really reminds me WoD's launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Does anyone know when exactly you have to throw? It seems quite random when I get 'nice throw'.
    The smaller the green circle the better - At least that's what I have been establishing from my catches.
    Also don't forget to randomly spin the Pokéball before you throw it, you'll get a nice EXP Bonus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzel View Post
    The smaller the green circle the better - At least that's what I have been establishing from my catches.
    Also don't forget to randomly spin the Pokéball before you throw it, you'll get a nice EXP Bonus
    Thanks.
    One more question. Sometimes i'm the landscape I see 'leaves moving'. I tried walking there but there wasn't a pokemon there. Do they indicate something?

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    As the launch of Pokémon GO has been hit with various server and login issues, when speaking to Business Insider, Niantic Inc. CEO John Hanke has confirmed that the planned launch rollout of Pokémon GO internationally in countries like the United Kingdom and various other countries in Europe has been paused while the issues are resolved. We'll provide more on this when it comes so keep checking back
    Aww Then again time for us already playing in Europe to farm some gold by keeping gyms with little competition Even though I've seen gyms in center of Prague with 'mons around 300 CP and trainers with lvl 15+ >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't get how you guys are finding pokemon in your house and on the way to the mailbox. I bike all the way down the road and find nothing.

Walked to the store several blocks away with my girlfriend, found like 3-4 pokemon there and back.

That's it :l
    I just caught a Spearow from my bed! But, I may have to get up, there's a Ponyta nearby...

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: I have not gotten up to go get the Ponyta, but I did just catch a Nidorino. From my bed. Oh-hoo yeah. And a Bulbasaur! I'm not getting up today.

Mothers Against Everything official statement on pokemon go:
    We need congress to ban the AR mode. No one needs an assault rifle to catch pokemon! There's no place for that kind of weapon in our society.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Got a Venonat, a Gastly and a Metapod last night while at the movies.

How does this game handle trade only evolutions when we can't trade with each other?

I am curious about item based evos too, ike Jigglypuff and Eevee. Do I just need enough Jigglypuff/Eevee candy; is that how these people are getting Flareon and Vaporeon?

7+ Year Old Account
    Wyoming teen playing new Pokemon game on phone discovers body
    http://www.ktvq.com/story/32403198/w...discovers-body

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Proof that you shouldn't walk in the tall grass without a pokemon of your own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    This another one or the same one as yesterday?

Day... whatever. Still waiting for an european release... Send Rare candys.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Of course he is a 20 something.
    All I've run into playing this are 20 somethings.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Wish I was still 20 something

Anyone have any idea on when it will be released in canada? I know there's a way to get it now, but I'd prefer getting the app legitimately and not have to download some shady dropbox file.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't get how you guys are finding pokemon in your house and on the way to the mailbox. I bike all the way down the road and find nothing.

Walked to the store several blocks away with my girlfriend, found like 3-4 pokemon there and back.

That's it :l
    So you want to hear a funny story? Go to my mother-in-law's for breakfast because we do that on the weekends occasionally. We take her dogs for a walk because why not, haven't looked around here for pokemon.

A pikachu shows up on our tracker. We spend the next 50 minutes navigating the awful maze that is my mother-in-law's neighborhood trying to find this fucking pikachu. No dice.

Get home and a scyther and beedrill spawn as I sit at my computer chair.

Went for a walk today.

You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Went for a walk today.

around 4AM EST i restarted the app and now i cant see the gym or stop by my house and no pokemon show up nearby when there have been tons. the map claims its never ending loading. not sure whats up cause the servers claim to be up and running. been catching pokemon from my computer chair and now there's nothing.

There is a pokestop at the end of my block. I walked over there twice today.

I would like some kind of radius extender item. It's super frustrating to have to be almost on top of pokestops/mon in some cases, yet other times I am catching Zubats from across the street.

But mostly I am angry there are no Eevees around my house. So I might have to go 'in to work' to catch some.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess despite it not being available in Canada, the town of 500 people that I live in has two Pokestops and a gym