Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkyman View Post
    just another internet saying that people think its cool to say, will wear off just like rekt and kappa etc. basically, some nob says it and everyone joins in like sheep because they want to be like the cool kids.

least they got there, unlike england. all you do is slate other people like a little kid, funny you call slant childish and arrogant and youre the biggest child going. typical english asshole on the forum.

- - - Updated - - -

France will win, portugal have no chance. they beat a crap wales team that played like shit and drew every other game, only chance is if france turn up in wheelchairs and ronaldo cries and rolls around so much that they give him a penalty.
    Salty is a word I've used since I can remember, it's not an internet word at all, what are you about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    *Sight* Again someone that doesn't understand the difference beetween dominating and ball posession.
    Yes they were in France's hafl most of the time, yes they had the ball 65% of the time.
    But in the end GER got 16shots, 6 on target, France 15 and 7 on target +2 goals. Those stats speak for themselves.

A team that NEVER had the ball still managed to get as many shots as a team that had the ball all the time. Which shows that France had a good defense, and Germany a shit attack. Dancing around with the ball in your feet isn't domination if you don't do anything with it. Learn the difference.

- - - Updated - - -

So if Germany dominated the game (not talking about a half game), and stoped the counter attacks, and France never got out their half, how come they had the same amount of shots?

PS: you seem extremly salty when you try and contest an uncontestable handplay in the box. His hand had no reason whatsoever to be next to someone's head when his is attempting a header.

Oh and by the way. Why do the germans contest the penalty but don't talk about CAN just kicking Pogba's leg in a Street Fighter style? He was lucky enough the ref didn't see it or he was out of the game.
    That handball was entirely contestable, I'm glad Germany are out, but that handball was as 50/50 as they get.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Salty is a word I've used since I can remember, it's not an internet word at all, what are you about.

well, the good old oxford dictionary doesn't know the word in that meaning at least, can't be a formal english term.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

That handball was entirely contestable, I'm glad Germany are out, but that handball was as 50/50 as they get.
    Just roll up three posts and you will see that no it's not 50/50

10+ Year Old Account
    Just roll up three posts and you will see that no it's not 50/50
    I don't need to. We had this discussion on the rules and how ambiguous they are when it happened, myself, many other posters and many pundits see it as the wrong decision.

The referee must take the following into
    consideration:
    • the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
    • the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
    • the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an
    infringement
    • touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.)
    counts as an infringement
    • hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) counts as an
    infringement
    Firstly its not deliberate, secondly the movement of the hand was not towards the ball the ball came off a head in to his hand, the position of the hand dones not necessarily mean there is an infringement (ambiguous)

This is direct from the Fifa interpretation of the laws handbook. Can you please tell me what part of that makes it a clear handball? Those are the only rules on handball.

I would love to know where Forsta got his
    In addition, a "not natural" movement of the hands isn't allowed
    from, cos I can;t find it in the handbook, because it actually says the complete oposite, the position isn't necessarily a cause of an infringement.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2016-07-09 at 04:29 PM.

Deleted
    I don't need to. We had this discussion on the rules and how ambiguous they are when it happened, myself, many other posters and many pundits see it as the wrong decision.

Firstly its not deliberate, secondly the movement of the hand was not towards the ball the ball came off a head in to his hand, the position of the hand dones not necessarily mean there is an infringement (ambiguous)

This is direct from the Fifa interpretation of the laws handbook. Can you please tell me what part of that makes it a clear handball? Those are the only rules on handball.
    - The position of the hand doesn't mean infringment -> This part is only true if the hand (and arm) are in a natural state (alongside body, dangling, behind your back). His hands are in the air, above his head towards the ball. He is in clear infringment.
    - The movement -> His hands are going towards Evra's head. Evra is doing a header, therefore Schweini's hand is going towards the ball.
    - Distance? Yes the ball unexpectedly hit his hand (way too fast for human reaction) nevertheless, his hands have absolutly no reasons of being in that position.

You do not defend against a header (or even anything) with your hands in opposition. Just check the picture, he is late, his head is nowhere near the ball, his hands never should have been there. That's a faul.

The only place where this faul is contested is on internet. I've read two english papers, one spanish and none of them disputed the faul weirdly.
    Last edited by mmoce2f72405d7; 2016-07-09 at 04:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only place where this faul is contested is on internet. I've read two english papers, one spanish and none of them disputed the faul weirdly.
    Alan Shearer, a BBC pundit said it wasn't when I watched it the other day.

Or read this

https://www.theguardian.com/football...france-penalty

or here

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/07/was-it...final-5993466/

Nearly every poll I have seen has been undecided.

Actually the more I google the more obvious how divided opinion is, which is kinda the opposite of a nailed on penalty.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2016-07-09 at 04:53 PM.

- Distance? Yes the ball unexpectedly hit his hand (way too fast for human reaction) nevertheless, his hands have absolutly no reasons of being in that position.

When you jump, you don't have your arms at the sides of your body but use them to gain momentum.

Deleted
    Alan ?Shearer, a BBC pundit said it wasn't.

Or read this

https://www.theguardian.com/football...france-penalty

or here

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/07/was-it...final-5993466/

Nearly every poll I have seen has been undecided.

Actually the more I google the more obvious how divided opinion is, which is kinda the opposite of a nailed on penalty.
    Are your serious:

The BBC’s analysts were split. Alan Shearer asked: ‘I thought the law was deliberate handball?’ before going on to explain: ‘He’s gone there to protect his face’ before concluding: ‘I think it’s a harsh decision.’

Please Shaerer enlighten us on how he is protecting his face on this picture:

And the Guardian article doesn't take position at all. All it's states is Shearer's POV, Henry's POV, the pollls they set up, but they don't take position at all.

So in your two links the only part that turns towards contesting the penalty is Shearer's POV. Which I can't even take seriously after the sentence I put in bold and the picture.
    Last edited by mmoce2f72405d7; 2016-07-09 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    When you jump, you don't have your arms at the sides of your body but use them to gain momentum.
    You'd almost think that someone whose been playing football as long as Schweinsteiger would not to do that though......

Quote Originally Posted by Chunkyman View Post
    just another internet saying that people think its cool to say, will wear off just like rekt and kappa etc. basically, some nob says it and everyone joins in like sheep because they want to be like the cool kids.

least they got there, unlike england. all you do is slate other people like a little kid, funny you call slant childish and arrogant and youre the biggest child going. typical english asshole on the forum.

- - - Updated - - -

France will win, portugal have no chance. they beat a crap wales team that played like shit and drew every other game, only chance is if france turn up in wheelchairs and ronaldo cries and rolls around so much that they give him a penalty.
    Ironic

"except it made a shit tonne of revenue, yeah whats the point in making millions of dollars. youre retarded. "

Judging by your post history, you're just an edgelord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are your serious:
    Outside of the face protection yes.

You've still yet to provide the ACTUAL written rule about the unnatural position though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Ironic

"except it made a shit tonne of revenue, yeah whats the point in making millions of dollars. youre retarded. "

Judging by your post history, you're just an edgelord.
    My favourite

did you take a break from slitting your wrists to make this thread?

You've still yet to provide the ACTUAL written rule about the unnatural position though.

- - - Updated - - -

My favourite
    Pretty funny to be fair.

Don't know who he was replying to, but wouldn't blame him if it was that adam86shadow guy. Annoying as hell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Evra is in the air, arms next to his body. Schweini is late and jumping with his hands in the air going towards the ball. Maybe he did have his arms up to gain momentum and would have put them down when he was at max height. The problem is that he is jumping late, way too late, and that his hands end up being placed next to Evra's head.

In both cases (intentional or not) Schweini failed big time, he had poor timing and bad decision making.
    Last edited by mmoce2f72405d7; 2016-07-09 at 05:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In both cases (intentional or not) Schweini failed big time, he had poor timing and bad decision making.
    On that we can agree. I first thought the decision was ridiculous. Having seen it more, had it gone against England I would be aggrieved but also understanding that these decisions are tough to make because the rules are not set in stone and I certainly wouldn't be spouting conspiracy..

10+ Year Old Account

Then Boateng's wasn't hand ball either?

True, and I don't blame the referee for that penalty.

Deleted

Same article you used with the five differents points but a few lines underneath.
    http://www.sportskeeda.com/football/...se-what-is-not

Here is the line:
    Another factor to be considered is whether the player’s hands were in their natural position or not, as many defending players spread their arms in an attempt to increase the chances of blocking the ball. If the referee feels that the positioning of the player’s arms was not natural, then the player should be penalized.

Another website.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...x-penalty.html

Regarding handball they now ask the referee to consider the proximity of the potential offender to the person last playing the ball, the speed of the ball and importantly whether the offender's arms are in a natural or unnatural position.

- - - Updated - - -

On that we can agree. I first thought the decision was ridiculous. Having seen it more, had it gone against England I would be aggrieved but also understanding that these decisions are tough to make because the rules are not set in stone and I certainly wouldn't be spouting conspiracy..
    The decision is tough to make because everything went very fast. There is like 30cm between the hand and the head, so hardly no one saw it. Giroud and the second ref (I think it was the second one) were idealy placed and are the ones that saw the faul. Anyone a bit further just thought the header had failed.
    For me the problem is that Germany was unlucky. The ref would have been 5m in another direction Schweini's mistake would have not been noticed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same article you used with the five differents points but a few lines underneath.
    http://www.sportskeeda.com/football/...se-what-is-not

Here is the line:
    Another factor to be considered is whether the player’s hands were in their natural position or not, as many defending players spread their arms in an attempt to increase the chances of blocking the ball. If the referee feels that the positioning of the player’s arms was not natural, then the player should be penalized.

Another website.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...x-penalty.html

Regarding handball they now ask the referee to consider the proximity of the potential offender to the person last playing the ball, the speed of the ball and importantly whether the offender's arms are in a natural or unnatural position.
    Exactly, its a consideration not the written rule. Its an ambiguous rule and the very act of natural position is ambiguous, I don;t know what weird balancing act he was doing to put his hands there, but he had no time to react and the ball hit his hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Then Boateng's wasn't hand ball either?
    To the written rule? No, but thats where the 'unwritten' rule about natural position comes in, I think its infinitely clear that his hands shouldn't be there.

I will accept that it was a 60/40 in favour of a penalty now, but that is the best you'll get out of me, so stop pestering me :P

Deleted
    I would love to know where Forsta got his from, cos I can;t find it in the handbook, because it actually says the complete oposite, the position isn't necessarily a cause of an infringement.
    To clear that up: What I wrote is not in contradiction with the rulebook. Blocking a natural way of the ball with your hands (e.g. broadening your body with the hands to prevent a shot, or in this case putting the hand between Evra's head and the goal) counts as hand -> ball, not as ball -> hand. On the other hand, if someone has their arms at their body, and he gets the ball to the hand because someone shoots at him, it's counted as ball -> hand. Though I have to admit, the exact formulation of this in the FIFA rulebook is mushy at best. It should definitely be clarified.

A very good perspective is from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNgeTXpcRNY
    Look at the moment he puts his hands up in the air, and then runs to Evra with his hands in the air the whole time. That's unnatural. [e] And you also see that Rizzoli stood at a really good position to see that.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2016-07-09 at 05:23 PM.

It's funny how tommypilgrim stopped updating the first page when England lost to Iceland.