Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Exactly what I said about you!

Lor'themar is already keeping on eye on Sylvanas since she tried to raise his soldiers during the Siege of Orgrimmar. And I would be dumbstruck if anyone trusts her after she bombed Gilneas with the plague after ordered not to, continuously tries to resurrect the fallen of the other races (for which in any culture is defilement), and in Legion she goes after the secrets of the valkyr and even makes a pact with Helya. Oh yeah, she is DEFINITELY helping the Horde survive... /s
    She didn't try to raise them, she offered. She used blight that was allowed by the horde. The horde gives zero fucking shit if she raises alliance, stop trying to use that as a point. Helya helps fight the legion. Tell me, how can you be on the legion beta and still have no clue what you are talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Free will is one of the cornerstones of Forsaken culture, with the great capacity for both good and evil that it entails. However, some undead, especially those who die in combat or under extreme stress and are raised soon after, enter into a violent, frenzied state. Undead in this state are easily manipulated and their rage is often directed at the foes of those who raised them. After the effects wear off, if the risen corpse has not been destroyed, they are given the same ultimatum that other Forsaken are offered: join the Dark Lady or return to the grave.
    For me its sounds as mind control or manipulation atleast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    For me its sounds as mind control or manipulation atleast.
    Well you're wrong because its neither, as of WOG
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Do opinions can be wrong? Besides However, some undead, especially those who die in combat or under extreme stress and are raised soon after, enter into a violent, frenzied state. Undead in this state are easily manipulated.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeupname999 View Post
    But in peace time the other races aint gonna stand by while there grave yards get robbed blind which is an affront to nearly every other race in azeroth.

Bottom line is the Forsaken has the worst kind of procreation of all the races. If they want to live forever which as you said they could they need to stop going into danger but they need war to procreate otherwise they would have to spend there time hanging around the morgues trying to get familys to sign a release form so they can reanimate there love ones to carry on.
    If there's peace they are hardly in any danger.

Exactly what I said about you!

Lor'themar is already keeping on eye on Sylvanas since she tried to raise his soldiers during the Siege of Orgrimmar. And I would be dumbstruck if anyone trusts her after she bombed Gilneas with the plague after ordered not to, continuously tries to resurrect the fallen of the other races (for which in any culture is defilement), and in Legion she goes after the secrets of the valkyr and even makes a pact with Helya. Oh yeah, she is DEFINITELY helping the Horde survive... /s

She didn't try. She offered to. Lor'themar told her no, she didn't push the issue and opted to resurrect the humans instead. Lor'themar didn't care (here goes the "but teh defilement!!1!" angle). Where did you get the "keeping an eye on" from? And in case you did not play MoP, all Horde races were pissed off at Garrosh for using their troops as cannon fodder by making them perform in suboptimal manner. And we're allying ourselves with demons and other pleasant entities in Legion, why should anyone (especially in the Horde) give a shit about Sylvanas allying with Helya or going after Val'kyr?

Do opinions can be wrong?
    Opinion that it is mind control, which goes against the explicit Word of God which was rather clear in its clarification can indeed be wrong. Because Word of God is fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Undead never die, they just rot away.

I know, they always set undead up as beeing immortal for some reason. I guess they don't want to "offend" undead players by telling them that their race is eventually going to die out. On the other handit's okay to tell the same thing to NightElf players all the time but that part has been part of elven lore forever, not just in Warcraft.
    From the elves of LotR to the Eldar of W40k their numbers always dwindle.

7+ Year Old Account
    To be honest i can't understand forsakens as race. After death of Arthas they should be gone and rest in peace after their revenge is done. Why they keep staying and takes others to their misery? Isn't all undeads are damned? And after second true death its only shadowlands what awaits them?

She used blight that was allowed by the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest i can't understand forsakens as race. After death of Arthas they should be gone and rest in peace after their revenge is done. Why they keep staying and takes others to their misery? Isn't all undeads are damned? And after second true death its only shadowlands what awaits them?
    Where did you ever get the idea that the average forsaken wanted to die in the first place? We've only seen high ranked undead in the shadowlands, with no concrete proof of what sends them there.

- - - Updated - - -

[IMG]http://media.blizzard.com/wow/media/comics/comic-2011-06-02-large.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/aIqEH4v_tMY/maxresdefault.jpg[IMG]
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=26992/agony-abounds

Not to mention Sylvanas was in charge of the fight at that point, Garrosh and his plan to kill all the forsaken went to shot. He didn't care of they wiped villages off the map with blight, he was just wanted the forsaken to take gilnaes and then die.

So again, you have only the faintest grasp on lore and what's been going on, made obvious by your incorrectness on stuff far as back as Cata.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2016-07-09 at 03:59 PM.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    It's not a myth.

Ask CDev Answers - Round 3

Why do some Alliance soldiers raised by the Forsaken immediately become loyal to the Forsaken while others do not? Are they being mind controlled? If so, by whom - Sylvanas or the Val'kyr? How does this relate to the fact that the Forsaken cultural identity is based on their free will and rebellion against the Lich King?

Free will is one of the cornerstones of Forsaken culture, with the great capacity for both good and evil that it entails. However, some undead, especially those who die in combat or under extreme stress and are raised soon after, enter into a violent, frenzied state. Undead in this state are easily manipulated and their rage is often directed at the foes of those who raised them. After the effects wear off, if the risen corpse has not been destroyed, they are given the same ultimatum that other Forsaken are offered: join the Dark Lady or return to the grave.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Ask_CDev

For a full list of Cdev shit.
    Sylvanas: "Yeah sorry I raised you in a situation where you were likely to kill all your former mates. Maybe I could have waited till things were calmer, but I was more concerned with gaining a military advantage than with your mental health. How'd you like to join my team?"

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Yes, I am aware of this AND that it happens after the deployment of the plague in Gilneas. Point?

So again, you have only the faintest grasp on lore and what's been going on, made obvious by your incorrectness on stuff far as back as Cata.
    Hey! Another thing I said about you!!! How interesting...

I also like how I got lore wrong when I posted pictures from the time period... Please tell me your are not a historian or in the position of any job that requires you to remember information correctly!

Doesn't have to be MC to be twisted and evil. She raises you knowing that in the heat of battle this transformation is likely to cause you to turn on and kill your former mates. When she could wait till after the battle when things are calmer and your transition could be more peaceful. Even give you the option of saying "Yes I will join you, as long as I'm not forced to fight my former mates." If you were the subject, which would you prefer?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I am aware of this AND that it happens after the deployment of the plague in Gilneas. Point?

Hey! Another thing I said about you!!! How interesting...

I also like how I got lore wrong when I posted pictures from the time period... Please tell me your are not a historian or in the position of any job that requires you to remember information correctly!
    The point being the horde didn't give them this new blight overnight, they had it for a while. Not to mention, think on for a second, see if you can climb out of your pit of ego, and realize what would have happened if they were using the real blight.You're wrong because you ignore facts and go "lol that's what I said" again, its a damn shame you still have no clue what you are talking even with access to beta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Doesn't have to be MC to be twisted and evil. She raises you knowing that in the heat of battle this transformation is likely to cause you to turn on and kill your former mates. When she could wait till after the battle when things are calmer and your transition could be more peaceful. Even give you the option of saying "Yes I will join you, as long as I'm not forced to fight my former mates." If you were the subject, which would you prefer?
    You can spin it around and say "hey maybe the alliance could wait, and not try to invade and conquer lordaeron in the first place. If the alliance never did that, the. Southshore, hillsbarad, ambermill, would have never happened. The forsaken method of battle recruitment sucks, but they only have to use it on alliance solders which again didn't have to happen
    Holy shit lol

Where did you ever get the idea that the average forsaken wanted to die in the first place? We've only seen high ranked undead in the shadowlands, with no concrete proof of what sends them there.
    I think it was in the original description of them in either WC3 or classic wow. Their existence was a torment and it was the burning fuel of vengeance that was spurring them on.

Things have off caused changed since them, something players seem to often forget, blizzard continues to evolve the races, change them, and you are supposed to update your view of them in light of the new revealtions that come out.

You'd be sorely disappointed if you expect the race to stay the same, even night elves are changing in Legion, progressing ... and now it's expected of every group cos if they don't do so, the race begins to look stale - night elves were looking quite stale to me. You can hope the direction they go is one you like, but most of the time it is. You may not like everything, but we don't own the races. Still we do emotionally invest in them when we choose our race, we often do so because it's something we like about them - at least from a lore perspective, .. I think most people it's more things like animations and racials that matter. Why did you pick your race ? what did you like about them?

Check this paragraph on change:

Expecting Change

For me one of the reasons I liked night elves was because I loved the narrative of pre-sundering night elf dom, they kick off in what seems the first major change in 10k years and for me it felt like this was going to be a story of a return to glory days of old... they had put aside sorcery for awhile and now the reason was ended - one of the first things I thought would happen immediately after WC3 was that the night elves would start practicing the Arcane and start rebuilding their ruins, but instead they seemed to just hang in limbo... I had almost given up hope, but now in Legion, with the revelation of the nightborne, they've brought alive ancient night elven culture back. This is what I wanted to see, and this was the part I liked most about them. So I'm happy with this new direction of the group. And if they became playable as a separate group or a night elf sub-race, I shall probably like them most of all the groups - provided they don't make them evil or cowards, which judging by Thalyssra, they're turning out to be quite the cool group.

Some people don't lilke the change their races go, sometimes it's so much they fall out of love with it. When the night elve stopped being cool like they were in warcraft 3, many people lost interest in them. WoW at least has tons of races you can switch to, and you're bound to find one you like. Even in races you may not like, they may have a sub group or alternative group you may like instead. Draenei group is a good example, as are the night elves and nightborne. With the Draenei group, you have the really good righteous ones - if that's your thing you'd love them, but then you have the more nature/elements attuned ones in the broken, that could be more your thing, then you have the Man'ari Eredar the powerful but evil sorceror types And that might be your thing. instead of the other two.

This is one of the reasons I would really love sub-races - because they give you an alternative to the main race. Maybe you never liked the orc quite, would you prefer the slimmer, upright backed, human face structured half-orc instead (like Garona in the film - with nuch smaller tusks than a full orc) different temperament etc. You might do, and person who'd never considered playing orc, might actually really love to now.

This is the potential sub-races have to unlock for every group, and this is why it's always a good thing that blizzard continues to update and expand on the lore of a race, adding new elements, new groups etc, and with sub-races if they do it, would be an attempt to make a playable version.
    For me, as long as you make it intersting and enjoyable, I'd love it, it's good to have a game that hte story actually moves on continuously, like real life. To expect nothing to change after all these calamities and world ending threats, that would be even more ridiculous - and the frequency of world disaster is quite ridiculous as is.
    Last edited by Mace; 2016-07-09 at 04:32 PM.

Deleted
    Trust me, sylv will find a way

10+ Year Old Account
    The self made forsaken will probably be fine as well, I know there are a few liches that were 'forsaken' so to speak before the plague was so wide spread. With the introduction of the Shadowlands though it really does water down the weight of being forsaken and dying. However as I have not seen any official decree stating permanent death that means Arthas could still be in the Shadowlands in some form.

To Hell and back again: An Arthas Story

But really as long as there are liches forsaken can always be a thing that grows if only in mage numbers. Also ghosts and wandering spirits are so abundantly natural giving them a body shouldnt be hard

The point being the horde didn't give them this new blight overnight, they had it for a while. Not to mention, think on for a second, see if you can climb out of your pit of ego, and realize what would have happened if they were using the real blight.You're wrong because you ignore facts and go "lol that's what I said" again, its a damn shame you still have no clue what you are talking even with access to beta.
    I have a terrible time following your logic. First you say I have no clue what is happening in the Beta, then say I have no clue about what happened in Cataclysm, and now say I have no clue about what happened in Cataclysm with Beta access... Can you see your stupidity, or is your min control by Sylvanas just that overwhelmingly strong?

Sylvanas deploys the plague on Gilneas despite ordered not to, Garrosh forces Sylvanas to use a blight instead of the plague, Sylvanas has to find a way to make the blight lethal without making it into another plague to appease Garrosh. I know you love Sylvanas so much you want her to dominate you in bed and beat you around, but it is blinding you from the truth. SYLVANAS DEPLOYED THE PLAGUE!

Oh, who am I kidding. I posted two pictures that proved this point and all you did was "lol, you're wrong!" I cannot help an insect that ignores the truth and enlightenment even when offered to it. Waste away in ignorance and depravity then. You will die there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas deploys the plague on Gilneas despite ordered not to, Garrosh forces Sylvanas to use a blight instead of the plague, Sylvanas has to find a way to make the blight lethal without making it into another plague to appease Garrosh.
    Blight and plague are the same thing wrt the Forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a terrible time following your logic. First you say I have no clue what is happening in the Beta, then say I have no clue about what happened in Cataclysm, and now say I have no clue about what happened in Cataclysm with Beta access... Can you see your stupidity, or is your min control by Sylvanas just that overwhelmingly strong?

Sylvanas deploys the plague on Gilneas despite ordered not to, Garrosh forces Sylvanas to use a blight instead of the plague, Sylvanas has to find a way to make the blight lethal without making it into another plague to appease Garrosh. I know you love Sylvanas so much you want her to dominate you in bed and beat you around, but it is blinding you from the truth. SYLVANAS DEPLOYED THE PLAGUE!

Oh, who am I kidding. I posted two pictures that proved this point and all you did was "lol, you're wrong!" I cannot help an insect that ignores the truth and enlightenment even when offered to it. Waste away in ignorance and depravity then. You will die there.
    1, you never go full regard

2. The fact that you are confused just reinforces my point, you really do have no clue what has happened at all in wow lore outside of your own bias.
    Shitting out a quote you found on the internet doesn't make your argument right either. When you ignore half the facts and act like your the smartest kid in the thread, you undermine your entire argument. Again, perhaps you should pay attention to all the facts and actually PLAY the beta before you continue to make an ass of yourself.
    Holy shit lol

I know you love Sylvanas so much you want her to dominate you in bed and beat you around, but it is blinding you from the truth. SYLVANAS DEPLOYED THE PLAGUE!

Oh, who am I kidding. I posted two pictures that proved this point and all you did was "lol, you're wrong!"
    Post of the thread.