Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Actually it isn't. 40-60 is well above average.
    http://masteroverwatch.com/leaderboa...d/category/mmr

85% are between 40 and 60. Being rank 50 currently puts you in the top 47%. Between 40 and 60 is actually pretty average.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    What I want to know is, where the hell did all these players that play like crap come from? Quick play I've played a lot of pugs and a lot of group play, so I thought I had a decent idea what to expect. Now though, I get teams with wierd ass comps like double tank double support and 2 damage dealers, just to go against a team with Zen for heals and team couldn't get a single kill. Just, what happened? Game went from being somewhat fun in pugs (60/40 win ratio) to being downright stupid (30/70 ratio).
    I dunno. People in competitive are just straight up worse all around and I'm completely locked in to playing tank because no one else will, and then because I'm tank I get cut to pieces by Pharah because no one else can be arsed looking up, so then I spend half the matches trying to call people to deal with her, most of which continues to go ignored.

I have like 53-54% win ratio in QM, but competitive, fuck knows what's going on, the pendulum swings in matches are absurd, the sudden death on the two matches close enough to see it makes literally no sense. You have half the team trying to persuade others that they're on a terrible character for the map/objective, and the other half "don't tell me how to play". That is if anyone actually fucking understands what anyone else is saying mind, because the localisations are utter bullshit.

I can't say I'm enjoying it, and I can't see it improving as I could in QM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    http://masteroverwatch.com/leaderboa...d/category/mmr

85% are between 40 and 60. Being rank 50 currently puts you in the top 47%. Between 40 and 60 is actually pretty average.
    Pretty poor analysis of statistics. Being Rank 59 puts you in the top 10% of players
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

It's getting a bit better the last few days.

The number of useless picks have been reduced and it shows in the win/lose ratio.

Still every other game you still see somebody picking Bastion or a sniper when attacking and completely ignoring the fact that they aren't really helping most of the time.

SOmebody just told me today ''I will keep your backs save'', which really doesn't sound that useful when it sounds more like you can do twice as more as being a active fighter.

Deleted
    I thought they fixed the bullshit leave penalty? Someone left as we had 10 meter to push the cart.. We started to get railed so I left and lost a full rank. Utter bullshit.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    I thought they fixed the bullshit leave penalty? Someone left as we had 10 meter to push the cart.. We started to get railed so I left and lost a full rank. Utter bullshit.
    The problem was penalty to rank for both the winning team and the other people on the losing team who stay. If you actually leave, then you get hit with the full penalty. Next time stay for the whole match. If you don't want to get killed a bunch, just stay in the spawn. Additionally, if someone left with 10 meters at the end of the game, your rank will likely be the same as if they stayed b/c it was the end.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    The problem was penalty to rank for both the winning team and the other people on the losing team who stay. If you actually leave, then you get hit with the full penalty. Next time stay for the whole match. If you don't want to get killed a bunch, just stay in the spawn. Additionally, if someone left with 10 meters at the end of the game, your rank will likely be the same as if they stayed b/c it was the end.
    4 players left my team, still full penalty in loss and rank anyway. So I guess there's really no reason not to leave if it's going bad. Just going to pass on competitive till next season, the current setup is a mess in so many ways. The matchmaking is so so bad, that I don't even know why they bother with 2 rounds; then on the very rare occasion it is close, the coin toss and sudden death are just total RNG.

Then of course there's the leavers and it's just so much more toxic an atmosphere. It's just a less fun version of the game.

They're getting rid of coin flip and making changes to overtime next season. Wish they could implement those changes now.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    They're getting rid of coin flip and making changes to overtime next season. Wish they could implement those changes now.
    i honestly dont see a reason to hold it off for next season there is litteraly no reward for playing competitive aside from those silly ratings golden weapons look all meh and there realy is no reason to hold it off
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

I feel like competitive matchmaking is slowly getting better over time.
    Don't see that many hyper derps in rank 60 and up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah, SoloQ is ezlyfe np

- - - Updated - - -

I just had a game where we destroyed them so hard, they all left 4 minutes in. SoloQ ezlyfe np

- - - Updated - - -

Oh jesus christ. I was Hanzo on attack in anubis. A reinhardt, mercy and bastion had setup at the fountain thing at the start, and I literally climbed over, sat ON them, and killed them all alone. The only one that noticed was mercy and she died first

- - - Updated - - -

And my rating is... 58! I have no idea if thats good or bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    i honestly dont see a reason to hold it off for next season there is litteraly no reward for playing competitive aside from those silly ratings golden weapons look all meh and there realy is no reason to hold it off
    I don't see why not to either, all it's doing is making the game less fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCoco View Post
    Ah, SoloQ is ezlyfe np

- - - Updated - - -

I just had a game where we destroyed them so hard, they all left 4 minutes in. SoloQ ezlyfe np

- - - Updated - - -

Oh jesus christ. I was Hanzo on attack in anubis. A reinhardt, mercy and bastion had setup at the fountain thing at the start, and I literally climbed over, sat ON them, and killed them all alone. The only one that noticed was mercy and she died first

- - - Updated - - -

And my rating is... 58! I have no idea if thats good or bad.
    58 is very good.

But that's the state of the match making. For every one you'll win like that, you'll lose one every bit as badly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I don't see why not to either, all it's doing is making the game less fun.

- - - Updated - - -

58 is very good.

But that's the state of the match making. For every one you'll win like that, you'll lose one every bit as badly.
    My first loss brought me down to 57. Still, I WILL CLIMB!

Edit: One win got me back to 58 lol

Edit2: My second win got me to 59 >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Well I don't know. I've had no trouble climbing so far. Just got to 60 now aswell. Probably just getting lucky

- - - Updated - - -

Some of the people playing are pure cancer in competitive. It's hilarious
    Last edited by AngryCoco; 2016-07-10 at 08:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Ok so it's the capture the point mode.. We steamroll round 1 100-0... 2nd round someone leaves at the beginning, they don't come back, then someone else leaves.. I stay till the end take the loss and bang loose a full rank. I've lost 5 ranks this weekend just to leavers. It's the shittest system I've ever seen.

Deleted
    We did placement games and went 7-3, and got decent rating not far from eachother. But I don't know, some of my friends stopped playing. I think it was mainly the 300 wins required for each golden weapon, especially since they swap heroes quite often and want weapon for many. Personally Im just a bit sad that Lucio golden frog already got a similar golden weapon so no difference :/ Well, I don't know... time will tell if we ever play the game again :/ Perhaps when the new skins come if you can get it for gold or through boxes.

I want a goldhardt skin (like a gold version of bloodhardt/Blackhardt) Its all about that bling yo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    We did placement games and went 7-3, and got decent rating not far from eachother. But I don't know, some of my friends stopped playing. I think it was mainly the 300 wins required for each golden weapon, especially since they swap heroes quite often and want weapon for many. Personally Im just a bit sad that Lucio golden frog already got a similar golden weapon so no difference :/ Well, I don't know... time will tell if we ever play the game again :/ Perhaps when the new skins come if you can get it for gold or through boxes.
    Not at all bothered about golden weapons actually, I'd get one for WM but since all my competitive matches have been on DVa, Reinhardt and a couple on Mercy, it seems entirely superfluous. Feels like there may be something in the MM that puts players willing to tank or support into account when setting the groups up, that's reinforcing the selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    I wish they'd change the leave penalty for the team that loses a player as well. We stuck around after a teammate left/dc'd and after 5 rounds of KotH we managed to win and only got the 10% of a level. Someone on my team asked if we got more for that, and while I wouldn't be opposed, would have been nice to have at least received the normal amount for the win. If we had left we all would have had a loss and more loss to the rank (unless that's been fixed, this is the 1st I've had someone leave since). Instead we stick around and work our asses off to still be penalized for a teammate. Kind of sucked.