Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I guess despite it not being available in Canada, the town of 500 people that I live in has two Pokestops and a gym
    All pokestops and gyms in Pokemon Go are nodes from Ingress converted over. Ingress has been out for years and you likely have some players in your area.

The three gyms we have in our little town are hotly contested it seems.

With people visiting from all over the country, they REALLY need to get to trading sooner than later.

If the servers stay working pretty well like they seem to, going to burn a couple of lures this after noon while people are waiting to check in.

Deleted
    It'd be nice if the pokemon silouettes in the 'nearby' tab also showed which direction they are located from you. So North, North-east, East etc. It would make it easier but also more fun to find them since you actually somewhat have a clue where they are, instead of now where all you see are footprints that don't really tell you much as you could be looking for a single pokemon for hours this way.

This also gives the compass in the upper right corner a purpose since I don't know what it's there for now other than QoL.

Right now I sometimes see really cool pokemon in my nearby tab but since there is no way for me to know where those things are actually at unless I'm lucky and walk right on top of them or spent way too much time scavenging the entire radius of whatever three footprints mean I can't be bothered.

Also, do the spots with little leaves popping up every once in a while mean there is a pokemon there? because I've walked right on top of those several times but nothing ever pops up from them.
    Last edited by mmoc30ed4cc660; 2016-07-09 at 04:23 PM.

Just used a lure.

I didn't move from my desk and I caught 7-8 pokemon, including a ???cp one. Lazy rich people can rejoice.

Ok, this guy on Reddit that's using his drone to go and find Pokemon is a genius.

- - - Updated - - -

Pokestops seem to be dropping more items, both in number and type, as I level up.

So why are people talking about catching pokemons...is this not the same as the normal pokemon games where you just catch 1-3 pokemons, level them up to be strong and as you go trough end-game you catch the last 3 or so.

Like what is the "plot" of the game?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So why are people talking about catching pokemons...is this not the same as the normal pokemon games where you just catch 1-3 pokemons, level them up to be strong and as you go trough end-game you catch the last 3 or so.

Like what is the "plot" of the game?
    Catch'em all.

Get less fat.

Meet nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Catch'em all.

Get less fat.

Meet nerds.
    And apparently discover dead bodies.

Kids really shouldn't wander around on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    And apparently discover dead bodies.

Kids really shouldn't wander around on their own.
    What me laugh was someone posted that it'd suck to have your battery die and realize you don't know where you are.

Also laughed at a post that said a guy was doing the same lap on his bike over and over to hatch his eggs.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wondering if my location is broken. I have not seen a Pokemon yet. Been running most of the day now.

So tired of rattata and pidgy. D:

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So you want to hear a funny story? Go to my mother-in-law's for breakfast because we do that on the weekends occasionally. We take her dogs for a walk because why not, haven't looked around here for pokemon.

A pikachu shows up on our tracker. We spend the next 50 minutes navigating the awful maze that is my mother-in-law's neighborhood trying to find this fucking pikachu. No dice.

Get home and a scyther and beedrill spawn as I sit at my computer chair.
    There was a Pikachu near my girlfriend's, and she only told me after that the little feet under them mean the distance, and if there's no feet you can tap the pokemon and it will show up.

Pikachu had like no feet under it like the entire time :l

Also we went for a walk after that, and she was like "All I have nearby is Weedle Weedle Weedle", which just made me think of this

Growlithe, Ponyta, and Mankey are "nearby".

Nearby meaning somewhere within 150 meters in all directions.

I WANT GROWLITHE AND PONYTA

/soft sobbing

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Growlithe, Ponyta, and Mankey are "nearby".

Nearby meaning somewhere within 150 meters in all directions.

I WANT GROWLITHE AND PONYTA

/soft sobbing
    Get walking!

I need one Eevee, my 10km egg hatched into an Eevee that which gave me like 23 candies, so I only need 2 more to evolve it.

I gotta ask. Is there a distance equation to 3 steps distance yet? I had a pidgeot, Ivysaur and growlithe near my house, 3 steps away, and couldn't find them.

Hell, I had a Kadabra spawn behind a razorwire fence by the local water reservoir. wasn't about to try trespassing to catch it.

Oh, my favorite. Went to two gyms. One was a church, the caretaker asked me what i was doing and seemed cool about it. The other was a business plaza. Security guard came out and gave me crap for parking in a space and hitting the pokestop and gym. I laughed, told them I'd leave and to "expect more people doing this in the future."

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    I gotta ask. Is there a distance equation to 3 steps distance yet? I had a pidgeot, Ivysaur and growlithe near my house, 3 steps away, and couldn't find them.

Hell, I had a Kadabra spawn behind a razorwire fence by the local water reservoir. wasn't about to try trespassing to catch it.

Oh, my favorite. Went to two gyms. One was a church, the caretaker asked me what i was doing and seemed cool about it. The other was a business plaza. Security guard came out and gave me crap for parking in a space and hitting the pokestop and gym. I laughed, told them I'd leave and to "expect more people doing this in the future."
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard 30-60km. That seems like a huge range and I'm a dumb American that doesn't know metric gud.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard 30-60km. That seems like a huge range and I'm a dumb American that doesn't know metric gud.
    That sounds way too large, unless my phone doesn't track me walking well, since I barely managed to hatch a 2km egg walking to work today (which is about a 40 minute walk).

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Get walking!

I need one Eevee, my 10km egg hatched into an Eevee that which gave me like 23 candies, so I only need 2 more to evolve it.
    I think they're in the street behind my house which is on a massive hill.

That's scary to walk

That's scary to walk
    Climb that hill, go for gold!

That's scary to walk
    Anything good spawn there? If so it might be worth the walk.