Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Only Hellfire Citadel creatures and bosses have their health and damage done reduced by 30%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, I'm confused.

is this not the 'end of the expansion nerf so people who couldnt do it before now can'?

There is no change to player damage (of course, there will be changes because of balancing, but not 'players do less damage').

Im pretty sure people are misinterpretting this as something other than the end of expansion loot fest.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    What world content ? i never saw any in this game lol.

30% isn't enough to help you clear mythic if you weren't already clearing mythic. archimonde isn't going to magically fall over. everyone is doing 30+% less dps, and classes have lost utility, and trinkets and specs that carried on fights before were gutted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    No it doesn't it's not to bring the raid in line with player damage, it's to make the raid easier.

This is not a new thing by any means.
    Yet if you have been on PTR you'd know that players lost between 40-60% of their damage post prepatch.

So yeah the nerf is intended to balance that, and at the current standing the nerf is much lower than the actual damage loss.

Fairly sure they'll add 30% damage increase to players inside HFC. Or just buff them baseline.

OP has absolutely no idea what he is talking about lol.

Quote Originally Posted by neck deep View Post
    30% isn't enough to help you clear mythic if you weren't already clearing mythic. archimonde isn't going to magically fall over. everyone is doing 30+% less dps, and classes have lost utility, and trinkets and specs that carried on fights before were gutted.
    If it's going to be anything like WoD prepatch with SoO then Manno/Archimonde will more than likely fall over for most 11/13M (or even lesser) guilds. They removed/nerfed boss abilities while implementing a flat HP/damage nerf on top of that. I pugged 14/14M with people who hadn't even seen Siegecrafter & Co on HC before. I'm not saying it's going to be the case now but there is a possibility.

They will most likely nerf HFC by another 10% or so to account for nerf of player damage. Dungeon and World content doesn't really need it.

I think the short answer here is that I doubt Blizz cares that it'll take you 3-5 hits to kill things in the world instead of 1-2. Guilds being incapable of killing bosses theyve been farming for months is a much bigger issue, which is why there is a raid debuff and not one for world content.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    A 30% HFC nerf implies a ~30% reduction in player damage. Which means everything in the world and dungeons will take ~30% longer to kill. That would be very noticeable.
    No, it doesn't. Nerfing the end raid at the end of the expansion by about 30% has been a consistent thing since Wrath of the Lich King with the stacking debuff. It's not about relative player damage, it's about letting players who weren't able to complete those raids have a better shot at getting them in right before the end of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Wait, I'm confused.

is this not the 'end of the expansion nerf so people who couldnt do it before now can'?

There is no change to player damage (of course, there will be changes because of balancing, but not 'players do less damage').
    Kinda hard to say. Player damage is noticeably less on the PTR. Only those standing around cleaving multiple dummies seem to think they got a buff. But if those folks would go to shat and beat on the single raid dummy, I think they would see most everyone got nerfed due to the changes.

At the same time, this could still be the usual 30% nerf comon at the end of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    No, it doesn't. Nerfing the end raid at the end of the expansion by about 30% has been a consistent thing since Wrath of the Lich King with the stacking debuff.
    Didn't Black Temple also get a 30% nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by peterdkay View Post
    Well that's totally incorrect

World zones are designed for an ilvl of around 590 to complete with no problems. leveling through them isn't an issue whats so ever

Raids however are tuned to a much higher level a(mythic around 730) this means any change to them has a huge impact on whether they can actually be completed or not with the changes
    Yeah, instead of dying in 3 seconds, itll take 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Yet if you have been on PTR you'd know that players lost between 40-60% of their damage post prepatch.

So yeah the nerf is intended to balance that, and at the current standing the nerf is much lower than the actual damage loss.

Fairly sure they'll add 30% damage increase to players inside HFC. Or just buff them baseline.
    40-60% Now you're just straight up lying.

I never said people didn't lose any DPS, I said that it's not the only reason they nerf things. They always nerf at the end of xpacs.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    As a 30% HFC nerf implies a ~30% damage reduction, an ilvl700 mythic dungeon pug today would take ~30% longer to clear after the pre patch (possibly much longer if groups are no longer able to kill the bosses). That doesn't sound very reasonable.

But this nerf is to counterbalance the player damage reduction from the Legion class changes, not because they thought HFC was too hard. Player damage reduction affects all content, not just raids.
    No its not no no no no. There was always a nerf to old raid content before new xpack hits. It always led to guilds that cant kill boss to be able to kill them before the xpack went live. Player damage will be fine. May hurt some sicne they were too lazy to dl the PTR and practice the new builds but thats it. Raids will be find and doing much more damage to bosses in HFC.

So dont worry, your guild will be able to clear it now!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    40-60% Now you're just straight up lying.

I never said people didn't lose any DPS, I said that it's not the only reason they nerf things. They always nerf at the end of xpacs.
    How about you look at the logs. 740+ doing around 150k are doing 70-80k now on the ptr. We need a 60% damage increase in hfc if they want it to be easier than live now.

Wait, I'm confused.

Im pretty sure people are misinterpretting this as something other than the end of expansion loot fest.
    Yes, there is a huge change in player damage, people are doing a *lot* less damage in most cases. Not only are there huge class changes but they are tuned to include artifacts at level 110. People who have not been paying attention should probably not just say stuff because it's what it's been in the past. I know, I've been playing for many years, it's been faceroll after the major patch since they nerfed TBC raids. Unless they further increase the 30% buff, it's going to be a different story this time.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2016-07-10 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    How about you look at the logs. 740+ doing around 150k are doing 70-80k now on the ptr. We need a 60% damage increase in hfc if they want it to be easier than live now.
    Since when is PTR a 100% guarantee of what is going live?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this what happens at the end of every expansion in one form or another so why would it now be seen as some kind of omen that the sky is falling?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I don't know what you are so confused or stuborn on this topic but there is nothing to discuss here. The raid tier is over and that is the nerf coming with it to make it easier for the future. Has NOTHING to do with our loss of power. World content and dungeons don't get easy because there is no competitive challenge present. End of discussion there. If we are too weak to defeat the bosses they will adjust things further like last expansion. This is fairly standard so nothing to be so worried about!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, I'm confused.

There is actually.
    Only tested hunter as I main that but still. I did maybe 70-80% less damage than I can do on live.
    Tried all specs/talents/gems/enchants to no avail.
    To take an example full mythic hunter +10 200 stat sockets; 6 stack moongose bite (alot of rng to even get w/o a 1.5min cd) = 88k crit.
    And it is the same for marks/bm.
    Hopefully it wont go live as is.