Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    The lose in subs isn't why they stopped reporting numbers. It caused panic everytime and it was meant to show the health of the game. The game from a business perspective is no longer based on subs because of the shop and because not all subs cost the same anymore. A token sub is worth a hell of a lot more to blizzard than a regular subscription. I pay $11.99 a month. Some people are paying $20.99 a month now.
    You can believe whatever you want. The truth is: Millions left and Blizzard shit and went blind. WoD has not been kind to them.
    They went from bragging about the amount of players to ... worrying about player panic about people leaving. That tells you a lot in and of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by JaceDraccus View Post
    Even me? Am I supposed to know you or something?

And that's not fact, it's speculation. Unless you've polled millions of people, you only know they quit. You don't know why, any more than I do. We can guess, you can project your own bias, but unless you have word of Blizz, you don't know.
    You'd have to be incredibly silly to think millions left because they are happy or simply couldn't afford it but millions stayed because Wrath was fun.
    And you, personally, have nothing on this. I don't know you, I don't care about you. You, as a singular person, are irrelevant to millions. Right now you're just apologizing for Blizzard and being defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    I think WoW is literally 4 months or so away from actually being dead and buried.
    You think wrong but thanks for the doom-speech. You must've put some really hard work into it.

Deleted
    Who actually cares anymore. Anyone who actually cared about this game (who isn't delusional) has already left. There is no passion left anymore. Even Blizzard's trying to brush this cashcow under the rug to focus more on Overwatch and Hearthstone.

I'm fairly certain Legions going to be an even bigger flop than WoD:
    "You can't possibly say that! It's not even out yet! don't be ridiculous!"

Guys, come on, wake up.. most people left WoD before it even finished due to terrible design choices, ashran, lack of challenging content that wasn't artificially difficult + the evergrowing list of issues from the last 8 or so years where problems have kept piling up -- and then, that wasn't all, even more people left over the year waiting period.

Blizzard already used the "We've changed, This time it'll be a clean slate" card with WoD, and they blew it...hard. Unless people just forgot, or decided not to hold grudges.

And hell, After playing the alpha/beta? the lack of content is palpable, the breadth of change is slim and the content ocean is more like a content puddle. Honestly, I'd be surprised if Sub numbers got above 7 million, and I'd be even more surprised if they stayed for more than 2 months after launch.

I think WoW is literally 4 months or so away from actually being dead and buried.
    Dont come her and bore us with your bullshit excuses - Thinking WoW is literally within 4 month's being dead and buried? Where's your drugs from? Not a fucking clue, dropped on his head at birth or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Professional Extra View Post
    A game that isn't in early alpha state. They'll never get the balancing done before release. Everything I've seen yet says "It's WoD 2.0" with less gold on your garrison and even worse pvp season 1.
    Well If you're right it's bad news for all of us, btw I'm not interested in wow-pvp anymore (since cata), so if only pvp is what concerns you badly, then it's OK for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Considering they lost more than half their sub base (even you admitted this) -- it's not objective. It's fact. It's lost more subs than any other expansion so far. So much so they stopped reporting numbers. That's not something insignificant. No *why* might be subjective...

- - - Updated - - -

And yet, more than double the amount of people subbed now quit the expansion. You are not the majority.
    And yet, they also gained more Suns than any expansion before. So once again, your opinion is not shared by everyone. Whining about expansion is pathetic, and that is a fact. If I don't like an expansion I just quit and go play something else. I took off over a year during Cataclysm. Did not spend hours bitching and crying on forums

You can believe whatever you want. The truth is: Millions left and Blizzard shit and went blind. WoD has not been kind to them.
    They went from bragging about the amount of players to ... worrying about player panic about people leaving. That tells you a lot in and of itself.

You'd have to be incredibly silly to think millions left because they are happy or simply couldn't afford it but millions stayed because Wrath was fun.
    And you, personally, have nothing on this. I don't know you, I don't care about you. You, as a singular person, are irrelevant to millions. Right now you're just apologizing for Blizzard and being defensive.
    They'd have no reason to really care if half the players left. It is still up and by far the biggest MMO and most profitable MMO on the market and has been in that state for the last 12 years. Hell, even after half the players left it is still turning profits and blizzard is still in a good spot. WoW is their hardest to maintain game and from a business point of view they could completely shut down WoW and still be fine. Every time they announced subs, increase or decrease the "End of WoW" or "WoW is dying threads continued. When they went up in Wrath it was casuals ruined the game. Went down in Cata cause WoW was dying. Went up in MoP and too many babies play Kung Fu Warcraft.

No, right now he's calling you out for talking out of your ass. You have no clue why player base left. Some came back to test out new expac, then left. Some left due to no flying for first year. Some left due to lack of max level content. Some left because they only play first month-two of new tier. You randomly spouting shit doesn't make it a fact

And hell, After playing the alpha/beta? the lack of content is palpable, the breadth of change is slim and the content ocean is more like a content puddle. Honestly, I'd be surprised if Sub numbers got above 7 million, and I'd be even more surprised if they stayed for more than 2 months after launch.

I honestly question if you truely did play the Legion beta. If it is one thing players agree on with Legion, is that is appears to have far more varied and interesting content out the door the WoD ever did. Minus the stupid changes for some classes, the expansion is shaping up to be pretty decent. If it were not for Blizz abandoning WoD after one major patch, it would not be as bad.

I won't disagree with you that WoW is not in a great state at the moment, but we have all heard "WoW will be dead in X amount of time" so many times I have lost count.

Who actually cares anymore. Anyone who actually cared about this game (who isn't delusional) has already left. There is no passion left anymore. Even Blizzard's trying to brush this cashcow under the rug to focus more on Overwatch and Hearthstone.

I'm fairly certain Legions going to be an even bigger flop than WoD:
    "You can't possibly say that! It's not even out yet! don't be ridiculous!"

Guys, come on, wake up.. most people left WoD before it even finished due to terrible design choices, ashran, lack of challenging content that wasn't artificially difficult + the evergrowing list of issues from the last 8 or so years where problems have kept piling up -- and then, that wasn't all, even more people left over the year waiting period.

Blizzard already used the "We've changed, This time it'll be a clean slate" card with WoD, and they blew it...hard. Unless people just forgot, or decided not to hold grudges.

You guys forget the BEST feature ever made by far for wow in Legion, WARDROBE, this feature alone can turn Legion in best expansion ever. New animations are amazing and we have a new class this expansion. I think Legion will be the best expansion by far.

Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    Actually, it just reads that the end of the PVP season doesn't require a patch and will happen automatically. Which means 7.0 could drop next week still, and the pvp season will automatically end on the 19th, without needing a patch.
    no, there is no way in hell blizzard would drop the patch before the season ends. Massive class balance changes for the last week of rated pvp would be the worst possible thing they could do.

The patch very likely could still drop on the 19th, and i bet it will, but the way the season ending thing was worded left them room to delay if they decide they need to / want to.

You'd have to be incredibly silly to think that's what I am saying.

And you, personally, have nothing on this. I don't know you, I don't care about you. You, as a singular person, are irrelevant to millions.
    I can say the same about you.

Right now you're just apologizing for Blizzard and being defensive.
    Not at all. Right now I am saying it's ridiculous to claim things as fact when you can't possibly know.

LuL, but legion still gives us artifact weapons? Thats something to work for?

I guess iam the only one who enjoyed wod first 8 month?Quests and story line were one of the best so far mainly cause iam huge war 3 nerd.I know garrison was bad for community but other then that i enjoyed wod.From what i seen legion will give us alot more content.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    I guess iam the only one who enjoyed wod first 8 month?Quests and story line were one of the best so far mainly cause iam huge war 3 nerd.I know garrison was bad for community but other then that i enjoyed wod.From what i seen legion will give us alot more content.
    you arent alone i enjoy WoD too, got burn at the end bc really 1 year of the same raid was boring but i never unsub since i been playing for free since they make the token.
    So i spend this end of expation "time" leveling alts and doing pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by kaesden View Post
    no, there is no way in hell blizzard would drop the patch before the season ends. Massive class balance changes for the last week of rated pvp would be the worst possible thing they could do.

The patch very likely could still drop on the 19th, and i bet it will, but the way the season ending thing was worded left them room to delay if they decide they need to / want to.
    I didn't say it would drop on Tuesday, still. I said it COULD with the way that it was worded about the season ending not needing to be patched in.

It could still be the 12th if it doesn't require a patch, honestly would 1 week of class changes make all that big a difference in PvP season rewards? Not likely.

I'm in the beta but still cant wait for live!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking at WoD pre-patch announcement now, and it happened 5 days b4 it went live - on the 9th of october, while the prepatch itself came out on the 14th. I suppose they round up what they've done during the week, check if the patch is ready and bugfixed, and if its okay, they greenlight it - preparations on monday and tuesday. With that in mind, I would expect the announcement on thursday or friday.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel2577 View Post
    I'm in the beta but still cant wait for live!!!
    Yeah I am in beta to and can't wait for Legion to go live, have had lots of fun on the beta but not too much to spoil it when it goes live..

15+ Year Old Account
    legion looks very very promising, my only issue with it at the moment is the atrocious amount of bugs it seems to carry around, not critical game breaking ones, but there are way too many minor bugs for it to be considered a ready to market product.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Yeah I am in beta to and can't wait for Legion to go live, have had lots of fun on the beta but not too much to spoil it when it goes live..
    i've actually limited my time in the beta and tried to focus on my least favorite classes/activities to keep some surprises/fun fo when it hit live