Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I just can't wait to make money off of all the people who wasted their time doing a billion characters on their garrisons every day, these people think stuff will be cheap? All the people who did next to nothing like me will be making tons off of you when you have to buy mats for thousands of gold a stack, and BoE's for 100k a piece.
    You really think those people care about gearing their alts? They just milked the garrisons and are not gonna bother with alts unless they are profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    You really think those people care about gearing their alts? They just milked the garrisons and are not gonna bother with alts unless they are profitable.
    I am not saying that, on their mains they are still going to have to spend assloads of gold for everything, you think anyone is going to put anything on the AH for cheap when tokens are 40k? No, this market is going to make the people who did nothing rich which is hilarious. I love chaos.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

I am not saying that, on their mains they are still going to have to spend assloads of gold for everything, you think anyone is going to put anything on the AH for cheap when tokens are 40k? No, this market is going to make the people who did nothing rich which is hilarious. I love chaos.
    Yeah, I'm still not sure what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    I thought "within the Blizzard API limits" was implicit

One of you BMAH campers write /etrace and let me know if a BLACK_MARKET_ event is triggered at 23:30 with the BMAH window opened and no interaction
    @Soulstorm: I know you can do everything with just one click, I already do that. I was trying to move it one step forward. Are you sure C_BlackMarket.ItemPlaceBid is flagged hardware?
    Actually I'm not sure, just assumed it was from docs. However, registering the function for "OnUpdate" works for bidding at least once. If HW input can't be processed on a later time it might not be HW call after all. Don't know them definitions :S

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Yeah, I'm still not sure what you're talking about.
    The majority of players who busted their asses off grinding gold are going to lose most of it this expansion, that is what I am saying. The AH prices will be inflated because everyone knows a fuckload of people have tons of gold and they will pay .
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2016-07-08 at 08:14 PM.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    The majority of players who busted their asses off grinding gold are going to lose most of it this expansion, that is what I am saying. The AH prices will be inflated because everyone knows a fuckload of people have tons of gold and they will pay .
    Or they won't.

pay for what? bmah items with the new cap? Is that what you're getting at?

Or do you actually mean AH items? In which case, no, making money via garrisons has nothing to do with if a person would frivolously spend gold on inflated AH items (assuming that prices actually inflate [more than with any other expansion and the typical trends of AH items]... why would they again?) or not, especially in relation to anyone else that made gold in another way, and if they'd do the same.

Again, what exactly are you talking about?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstorm View Post
    Actually I'm not sure, just assumed it was from docs. However, registering the function for "OnUpdate" works for bidding at least once. If HW input can't be processed on a later time it might not be HW call after all. Don't know them definitions :S
    Checked now. BLACK_MARKET_ITEM_UPDATE is triggered only when the item list is updated by the user. C_BlackMarket.ItemPlaceBid() does not have a hardware flag.
    Said this, I was able to trigger the whole bidding process with a random event (i.e. bid on Soul-Trade Beacon by mouseovering a NPC)
    In a big enough server there's always a lot of people in front of the BMAH spamming spells or chatting, any other event involving the units around will be just as effective as spamming, given that C_BlackMarket.RequestItems() has a short cooldown (> 1 sec).

Still, I usually get back from work too late so using a macro it's a much better solution

at 2:35 am on a dead realm

Deleted
    letz see if this works

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexxia View Post
    -cut-
    at 2:35 am on a dead realm
    Well, that's normal. It's a dead realm but you never know if he'll ever be able to win it below that price with Legion coming

pay for what? bmah items with the new cap? Is that what you're getting at?

Or do you actually mean AH items? In which case, no, making money via garrisons has nothing to do with if a person would frivolously spend gold on inflated AH items (assuming that prices actually inflate [more than with any other expansion and the typical trends of AH items]... why would they again?) or not, especially in relation to anyone else that made gold in another way, and if they'd do the same.

Again, what exactly are you talking about?
    Yes, in the regular AH people will be paying a lot for things, no one is going to sell stuff for tiny amounts when we know a lot of people have millions of gold, it just wont happen with a free market. The BMAH is just a strange thing altogether you will have to pay absurd prices no matter what in that thing.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

I have a Swift Zulian tiger and Plagued Proto-Drake that were both obtained the hard way... the right way. The BMAH is total bullshit imo.

Yes, in the regular AH people will be paying a lot for things, no one is going to sell stuff for tiny amounts when we know a lot of people have millions of gold, it just wont happen with a free market. The BMAH is just a strange thing altogether you will have to pay absurd prices no matter what in that thing.
    mm'k, that's awesome then, as I can cash in with my army of self-sufficient alts that I have had for garrisons.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plagueshard801 View Post
    I have a Swift Zulian tiger and Plagued Proto-Drake that were both obtained the hard way... the right way. The BMAH is total bullshit imo.
    one step back please or you might fall from that edge. There are people who farmed those mounts for years and were never able to drop them (or like me, dropped it in vanilla and someone dedided giving it to the omniabsent officer was a good thing to do)

Quote Originally Posted by plagueshard801 View Post
    I'll never understand why anyone thinks the average person cares about this stuff anymore. The days of randos drooling over your gear and idolizing you as some god of a video game are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    I'll never understand why anyone thinks the average person cares about this stuff anymore. The days of randos drooling over your gear and idolizing you as some god of a video game are long gone.
    And that is unfortunate and something I miss about the game.

mm'k, that's awesome then, as I can cash in with my army of self-sufficient alts that I have had for garrisons.
    It is good for everyone, especially if blizzard doesn't adjust the WoW tokens due to inflation.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    one step back please or you might fall from that edge. There are people who farmed those mounts for years and were never able to drop them (or like me, dropped it in vanilla and someone dedided giving it to the omniabsent officer was a good thing to do)
    Yes, indeed, I see the point with plagued proto since the achi wasn't super easy, but so easy to farm mounts like those for such a long time, basically if you had 5 alts able to solo them and did them all weeks you'd have got the mounts (and you didn't know mounts weren't account wide), if you had 1 alt it was totally on rng, don't really see why those who got lucky with tiger or raptor have to feel special, imo those who capped them deserve them more.

Jhonnyq, the one who bought cheap rhino and sold it, was it sold on an high pop for 1,3 mil? As in you had it on low pop but got paid with high pop gold? Cause it seems terribly hard to sell rockets for about 1,5 on low pops (and price should be in line with yours, not more expensive), is it just a low pop vs high pop matter or do you need luck to sell so high?

10+ Year Old Account
    I spend 160k on Shaman T3 Legs today. I don't know if that's crazy or not, but since on most high populated servers items go 200k + easily I was quite happy to finish off my set. (playing on a Lower populated server)
    Onto the more expensive sets now since I already completed the "cheaper" ones.
    Anyone else has big plans for the Wardrobe to collect as many appearances as possible ?

Edit: I leveled up a couple of toons on dead servers (EU) to snag some cheap toys and items off the BMAH now and come Legion, but I'm scared that due to the new level cap there 'might' be a rise in prices on certain items (especially those which aren't obtainable anymore).
    Making gold on dead servers has never been an issue, I'm more worried if it was worth the hassle going into Legion since as a collector it just speeds up the process, but it does take more time leveling the characters and making some coin on it. I assume overall and in the long run it does pay off, but currently it's hard to see wheather it's the case or not.
    Last edited by Mhyroth; 2016-07-10 at 09:42 PM.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".