Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    And what if the "cultural movements centered on racial justice" are built on outright lies? Is this even a mild consideration?
    No.

............10chars.

10+ Year Old Account
    As it is, I find that the black lives matter group is full of hypocrits, bigots, racists, and so on. That is the group. What they originally stood for, about lives that do matter, is something to strive for. I do not stand with the group, but I do stand with a generalization.

Its the same way I feel for feminism. This 3rd wave is a load of garbage, filled with sexists, bigots, etc, but the original intent of equality, is something to strive for, hence I am an egalitarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Racial justice? How about justice.

Why do two tragedies have to lead to action? And what action? Right after these cops died? It's a bad move to push for action and fan the flames when tensions are raised.
    They weren't tragedies. They were preventable, and the shooting in Minnesota was clearly murder. So of course it should lead to action, and obviously that police department is in need of major reform.

BLM did not create the context in which the Dallas shooting occurred. The recent shootings of black men by police officers did. I am not in any way condoning it, but blaming BLM for the Dallas attack is politically-motivated nonsense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Inevitable from a ethical standpoint. Google and Twitter are powerful platforms. Pretty cool for each as entities to endorse cultural movements centered on racial justice.
    Too bad they gave attention to one of the most fucked up movements. Just like BLM tries to gain "justice" by promoting the worst cases of police brutality versus blacks, e.g. Brown, Martin, McDonald, using the worst kind of "activism".

And what if the "culturual movements centered on racial justice" are built on outright lies? Is this even a mild consideration?

Prime examples: Trayvon martin was completely innocent, if that were the case maybe Zimmerman wouldn't have walked free. Mike Brown "hands up" was completely fabricated, nearly all of the people who said he had his hands up recanted. Yet it remains a rallying cry for these types. Why is that? Racial justice seems to translate to completely alternate view of reality, one which doesn't reflect the real world.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...michael-brown/
    I could keep going but seriously, almost every single one of these cases is exactly the same.
    You really only have one clear example, the Mike Brown case, in which the officer eventually was cleared of charges because the witness testimony was found to be false. Go watch the video from the shooting in Minnesota, then tell me if you think it was based on a lie.

Huh, they get arrested and shot more because they're the ones engaging disproportionately in violent crime.

http://www.colorofcrime.com/2016/03/...vised-edition/
    Or are statistical realities racist too?

Edit: In 2015, police killings of blacks accounted for approximately 4 percent of homicides of blacks. Police killings of unarmed blacks accounted for approximately 0.6 percent of homicides of blacks. The overwhelming majority of black homicide victims (93 percent from 1980 to 2008) were killed by blacks Looks like the black community polices itself pretty well, eh Themius? kek
    What exactly what are you laughing about? Who said crime in poor black neighborhoods wasn't an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by PepperedAngus View Post
    Too bad they gave attention to one of the most fucked up movements. Just like BLM tries to gain "justice" by promoting the worst cases of police brutality versus blacks, e.g. Brown, Martin, McDonald, using the worst kind of "activism".
    I'm just curious, do you believe that people are angry about the police violence because of BLM? That if BLM was silent, somehow it would just all go away and be forgotten? Secondly, would this be a desirable outcome in your view, if the violence were for the most part ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by PepperedAngus View Post
    Obviously, not everyone agrees with that view. In particular Google and I believe Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    How do you tell apart hispanic and white people? Look the same to me when searching on pictures for them
    In this area you'll find a lot of Guatemalans, Dominicans, Ricans (who are the whitest of this bunch), and colombians.

Dominicans are the most afro latino looking group and have the most afro latinos.

Guatemalans have a fair bit native descent

Colombians are pretty mixed and fairly tan and there are quite a few afro Colombians.

Argentinians and Chileans are mostly white.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    I'm just curious, do you believe that people are angry about the police violence because of BLM? That if BLM was silent, somehow it would just all go away and be forgotten? Secondly, would this be a desirable outcome in your view, if the violence were for the most part ignored?
    BLM normalizes: "counter-"violence, acting out of (willful) ignorance, racism against whites, constant whining about non-issues within for example education. It's used as a banner to unite under, making people think their behavior is normal and actually reinforcing it. Strained race relations are one of the causes of BLM, and BLM is straining those relations even more.

Furthermore, it's a closed platform that does not allow discussion. Pointing at the real problems within the black community makes you a racist. Being white and having an opinion not parallel to BLM makes you racist. Bringing facts into the conversation makes you racist. It's a childish movement with a "all my problems are caused by somebody else, I don't have any responsibilities in it" mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Obviously, not everyone agrees with that view. In particular Google and I believe Facebook.
    One might wonder why. The answer lies in what, sadly, most view as a conspiracy theory-level conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What exactly what are you laughing about? Who said crime in poor black neighborhoods wasn't an issue?
    Your poor grasp of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    They weren't tragedies. They were preventable, and the shooting in Minnesota was clearly murder. So of course it should lead to action, and obviously that police department is in need of major reform.

BLM did not create the context in which the Dallas shooting occurred. The recent shootings of black men by police officers did. I am not in any way condoning it, but blaming BLM for the Dallas attack is politically-motivated nonsense.
    Minnesota was the facebook video one if I'm not mistaken? Too early to say either way, though it surely looks bad from the video. People were saying the same about Terrible Trayvon the innocent little baby, let us not forget how that turned out.

It was a BLM motivated crime and attack.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/d...istan-40454492
    "The suspect said he was upset with white people and wanted to kill white people, especially white officers," Brown said.
    Last edited by Jingoism; 2016-07-09 at 04:10 PM.
    Working on my next ban.

Your poor grasp of reality.

Minnesota was the facebook video one if I'm not mistaken? Too early to say either way, though it surely looks bad from the video. People were saying the same about Terrible Trayvon the innocent little baby, let us not forget how that turned out.

It was a BLM motivated crime and attack.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/d...istan-40454492
    "The suspect said he was upset with white people and wanted to kill white people, especially white officers," Brown said.
    Poor grasp of reality?

You mentioned something I never brought up and then attributed it to me, and then laughed at that. Right now I'm laughing at your intelligence, and lack of sound argument methods , lol.

It was BLM motivated because the shooter was racist? BLM is denouncing it but it's totally BLM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Poor grasp of reality?

You mentioned something I never brought up and then attributed it to me, and then laughed at that.

It was BLM motivated because the shooter was racist? BLM is denouncing it but it's totally BLM.
    "So you mean cops kill minorities way more despite minorities being not the majority. and that black and hispanics (which get treated about the same) make up as many whites killed despite making up about 34% of the country."
    It's kinda the whole risk of being a violent criminal thing. When you resist arrest, you risk a bullet to the chest.

Just look at those rates, impressive stuff. #blackcrimematters

Not sure where I mentioned something other than your post though, I understand if you're getting confused though. You clearly aren't very smart.
    Working on my next ban.

"So you mean cops kill minorities way more despite minorities being not the majority. and that black and hispanics (which get treated about the same) make up as many whites killed despite making up about 34% of the country."
    It's kinda the whole risk of being a violent criminal thing. When you resist arrest, you risk a bullet to the chest.

Not sure where I mentioned something other than your post though, I understand if you're getting confused though. You clearly aren't very smart.
    Hmm I wonder now how will you explain about how blacks and latinos are treated once they're sentenced and on trial compared to whites who do the same crimes.

You're calling me not smart?

You laughed at something citing my grasp of reality; however, the assertion you made was one you created yourself with no input from me. You then take your own assertion as fact and attribute it to me, you might as well just be jerking yourself off.

Deleted
    Isn't race topics forbidden

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Isn't race topics forbidden
    Probably. I operate on the assumption that I'll be banned or infracted on a whim though. Besides apparently it's A-ok to shit-sling at white people, but any different hue seems to be an issue.
    Working on my next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Dude your having a laugh if you think that. If you see any major paper it is always promoting the left wing SJW agenda.

Why? Click bait
    What? NO! Nowadays people are careful not to annoy terrorist and white people are at their worst, ESPECIALLY if the white person is a cop, rich or just speaks their mind, in the meanwhile more than one group go all "fuck the police" on civilisation. Also clickbait usually means the article is fake or just contains something not as spectacular as the title, or the link, which is not the case here... also twitter and google don't need more publicity honestly, maybe in Mukaka up the Mountain where they're still chewing tree bark... dooh!

10+ Year Old Account

[IMG]http://27bhr2p5w73djvcg43ksiu1d.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/_assets/img/Fig-4-black-percentage.jpg[IMG]

And what does this all have to do with BLM relation to the shootings again?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

So Google and Twitter, two of the most left wing companies on this planet endorse a domestic terrorist organisation.

Color me surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaktard View Post
    So Google and Twitter, two of the most left wing companies on this planet endorse a domestic terrorist organisation.

Color me surprised.
    You seem to know very well what "left wing" means. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    What acts of terrorism has BLM been responsible for?
    It committed terrorist attacks against poor MMO Champ sods' beliefs!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.