Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Icingdeath View Post
    Don't know if anyone noticed this but our 20/20 artifact trait now also increases the damage of our main pet. Pretty glad about this, was very concerned about it only affecting Hati
    Fixed 2 builds ago with 30 secs hati death timer.

Still wish it was a flat damage upgrade like every other spec but I'll take that both pets are getting buffed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stupud View Post
    Wouldn't Dire Beast be above BW in the priority since you want to use that to reduce the CD on BW? Probably some rules around that, like if less than 10 seconds remain on BW cd then hold off on it to Dire Beast, otherwise BW. Also, I think KC is higher priority than Barrage as its the highest dmg contributor.

I don't have Beta but that's my experience on the PTR

From what I've seen from "top parses" it looks like Dire Stable (maybe), Stomp, Posthaste, One with Pack, Binding, Barrage, Stampede
    As an opener do not use Dire Beast for a couple reasons:
    1. You're at full focus
    2. BW is not on cooldown

Any other time during combat DB > BW but I'd agree with less then 7-8 seconds on BW CD holding DB unless you're having some real focus starving issues. I actually wouldn't use Dire Beast until you have less then 70 focus in an opener, especially if you run Dire Stable as you don't want to run the risk of wasting any focus. Hence an opener might be:

BW > KC > DB > Barrage/Crows > KC (if it's off cooldown) > Cobra

From there ability priority will depend a lot on your cooldowns like Aspect of the Wild.

As far as talents go it depends on the situation.

T15 - Dire Stable is pretty good, I've used Way of the Cobra as well for solo work.
    T30 - Stomp is really good in any sort of AoE but in the world questing you might want to run Chimaera for the extra focus + something else to push
    T45 - Doesn't matter unless you're PvPing where Posthaste is nice. I personally run Dash
    T60 - Again, depends on the situation. I run Bestial Fury for questing and the extra damage
    T75 - Doesn't really matter. In world I run Intimidation but in raids I'd run Binding for add control
    T90 - Really between Crows and Barrage. Crows is nice in world questing with the auto reset on death and it hits like a MAC truck. Barrage is risky still but great aoe. Volley sucks.
    T100 - Stampede for aoe, Killer Cobra for ST. Aspect of Beast for soloing stuff with your tenacity pet like rare mobs though I've stopped using that at 110 as well as my pet is pretty easily maintained. One drawback to stampede is boss placement as it doesn't change directions.

I'm sure there are people simming the crap out of this to find the optimal build/rotation but just from playing these are my observations.

Quote Originally Posted by Freerunz View Post
    Fixed 2 builds ago with 30 secs hati death timer.
    Nice. It's a much welcomed relief

- - - Updated - - -
    @Galaar
    Agree on the rotation bit. I like aspect of the beast because it let's you take a tankier spider in pvp or a carrion cunning pet that also slows the target.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, recently got beta and BM actually feels good at 110, doesn't feel like shit....
    Testing the specs on the 110 server though, don't really want to spoil everything before the release.

for BM, what's the first golden artifact trait to aim for, and the best path there? A pic of an artifact filled out to that first/best trait would be really nice

probably somewhere in this thread but I did not find it.

I'v done MM on beta and now want to switch and try BM.

Quote Originally Posted by starzingere View Post
    for BM, what's the first golden artifact trait to aim for, and the best path there? A pic of an artifact filled out to that first/best trait would be really nice

probably somewhere in this thread but I did not find it.

I'v done MM on beta and now want to switch and try BM.
    Definitely "Master of Beasts" as your first golden trait. Which makes Hati also benefit from Bestial Wrath and Beast Cleave, plus also allows it to Kill Command.

There is only one real route to get it ASAP, so i doubt I need to draw it out.
    Unfortunately it means that you pick up some of the weaker artifact traits like Focus of the Titans and Mimiron's Shell. But that's a relative small price to pay I think.
    It's also pretty fast to get to that golden trait, as it only requires 11 points; and after that you get Furious Swipes which will be a great addition for dungeons.

After that you simply complete the "loop" and get the other gold traits.
    Alternatively you could quickly pick up Spirit Bond trait if you really think you need it, but it shouldn't be necessary.

^^ thanks - so master of beast and yea the path is clear.

Interesting - MM required 16 steps to get to bullseye - looks like BM only requires 11 to get to Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    Wow, recently got beta and BM actually feels good at 110, doesn't feel like shit....
    Testing the specs on the 110 server though, don't really want to spoil everything before the release.

Ya I was kind of worried about how Hunter felt and im OK with the BM playstyle. Makes me alot less nervous about having to switch mains

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubulous View Post
    Ya I was kind of worried about how Hunter felt and im OK with the BM playstyle. Makes me alot less nervous about having to switch mains
    I was worried about having to switch mains as well, i'd hate to have to main something else even though all my other characters are 100. BM is in the clear as of right now though. Now i'm curious about the other 2 specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    I was worried about having to switch mains as well, i'd hate to have to main something else even though all my other characters are 100. BM is in the clear as of right now though. Now i'm curious about the other 2 specs.
    I had some fun messing around with Surv on the PTR but not sure id want to raid with it

Deleted
    I quite like both BM and SV.

Everything wnt better than expected.

Oh good. Only took 39 pages but finally people are positive in this thread. About time people stopped crapping on BM Hunter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    Oh good. Only took 39 pages but finally people are positive in this thread. About time people stopped crapping on BM Hunter.
    hard not to "like" bm as its the only hunter spec even remotely close to the mobile ranged dps i fell in love with. Survi woulda been far better off as shadow damage dotting Dark ranger or something and MM is just meh with standing still aimed shots. ( this is pvp me speaking )

BM is still awfully boring and uninteresting. A handful of people (causals) like BM but the majority has moved to another spec already and are therefore less vocal in this thread.

Agreed, I'm most likely going Shadow unless Sim numbers end up showing Hunter being remotely essential in raids.
    Roland, Oscuridad of Sargeras
    <Design> 13/13M HFC - Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by KingdomOblivion View Post
    Agreed, I'm most likely going Shadow unless Sim numbers end up showing Hunter being remotely essential in raids.
    Thus far in every raid test I've seen the only other Ranged DPS which has had the same numbers as BM Hunter are Fire Mages.

Deleted
    you always can check some logs from raids

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    hard not to "like" bm as its the only hunter spec even remotely close to the mobile ranged dps i fell in love with. Survi woulda been far better off as shadow damage dotting Dark ranger or something and MM is just meh with standing still aimed shots. ( this is pvp me speaking )
    This. The preference of specs this expansion is a lot like this year's US national election. You're picking the lesser of the evils. BM has bad design but not as bad as MM and while I heard that SV supposedly plays decently well, a lot of people (me included) are not willing to play a melee spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    BM is still awfully boring and uninteresting. A handful of people (causals) like BM but the majority has moved to another spec already and are therefore less vocal in this thread.
    .....sigh.....

Like that sort of thing really matters in 2016. People need to stop being insecure and just play what they want, rather than fearing what people might label them as.

Casual reporting in.
    Some of you need to stop watching all those mongo youtubers spewing bs and just play the game.