Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'd get gtx 1060

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    garrison is fps killer. if you raid, check your fps during a boss, that is a better benchmark
    Mostly ppl play with fullhd, and some decent gpus can max fps ultra in questing zones. When you go like stormshield, your cpu will bottleneck and drop your fps to ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    I'd get gtx 1060
    Did you miss the part where he said he didn't want to spend more than 100 euros? Don't suggest something that costs 250% of his budget.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

If i wanted to buy a new card right now and my budget was €100 i'd go for the EVGA GeForce GT 730 2GB GDDR5: https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/3982...-gddr5-lp.html
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by giovannileanza View Post
    If i wanted to buy a new card right now and my budget was €100 i'd go for the EVGA GeForce GT 730 2GB GDDR5: https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/3982...-gddr5-lp.html
    I guess that card isn´t worth it. http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-66...GeForce-GT-730

I guess i need to up my budget a bit to 120 ish and get an r7

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    I guess that card isn´t worth it. http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-66...GeForce-GT-730

Get GTX 750ti if you have 120ish budget.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't you just wait and save? Get more bang for buck in a few months when legion actually hits?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll put a vote on the 750Ti or a 750Ti-like performance card for that resolution. Can run it pretty much maxed given sane anti-aliasing values.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    get that one. AMD still sucks ass for WoW dont get an AMD card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Proof, don't make claims like this without it.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Please don't post bad info. AMD does not 'suck' for wow.

While nvidia cards do often fare better than AMD in the same price bracket by a small amount, any of that is usually overshadowed by CPU issues, not GPU.

Cheap nvidia and AMD cards will perform about the same.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Please don't post bad info. AMD does not 'suck' for wow.

While nvidia cards do often fare better than AMD in the same price bracket by a small amount, any of that is usually overshadowed by CPU issues, not GPU.

Cheap nvidia and AMD cards will perform about the same.
    To add to this, when people (who know what they are talking about) say "AMD sucks for WoW" they mean CPUs, and that is because AMD CPUs don't have as strong per core performance as Intel does right now, and WoW isn't very multi-core efficient... Their GPUs are another thing entirely, AMD GPUs work perfectly fine in WoW... Anyone can easily look up GPU benchmarks and confirm that.

However: all of this is irrelevant, as Nvidia doesn't offer anything in OP's pricerange, while AMD does... The lowest price card Nvidia offers right now is the 950, which is going to run at least 30% over budget for him, as would AMD's equivalent, the R7 370... However, AMD also offers a card another tier below that, the R7 360, which can actually occasionally be found for under 100.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-07-10 at 03:00 AM.

I am on PTR right now, with a 2500k @ 4.2 and gtx 760 i am getting 60 fps everywhere in my garrison, this is with the graphics preset at 7 (recommended) and CMAA.

Deleted
    750ti it is

The card in your link looks different and has 1gb ram, mine had 2gb. You're dutch arent you? What are you doing on a US website and not the one i linked? Anyway enjoy the 750.
    Last edited by giovannileanza; 2016-07-11 at 01:09 AM.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

10+ Year Old Account
    750ti it is
    Should wait for RX 460. Especially if it ends up being twice as fast as the 750 Ti.

Deleted
    Atm i got an Radeo 6670, G3258 at 4 Ghz and 12 GB ram, and i get like 15 fps on low/fair. (In garrison)

Surely my gpu is the cause? ( ithink)
    A good amount of advice was given above about the GPU, but: 15 fps is waaaay low in low/fair settings even for this comp when you are alone in a garrison. Are you sure there aren't any issues with overheating, perhaps other (malicious?) processes eating up cpu, some extremely slow loading due to hdd problems that result in a temporary fps setback when you are checking, an outdated addon trying to scan garrison items and crashing, or anything along these lines? That 6670 is far from competitive these days, that's for sure, but at low graphics settings it hardly has any serious work to do, and a G3258@4Ghz is not that weak normally.
    Last edited by mmocba6cabe518; 2016-07-11 at 07:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Should wait for RX 460. Especially if it ends up being twice as fast as the 750 Ti.
    Considering a RX 460 myself for legion, dont need to play on ultra. Will wait for more tests though before deciding.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    and when that one releases you can wait for the next one around the corner etc..

If you want something now that's cheap and that last somewhat get a 950 or rx480 (if you can find one), who knows when the rx460 might be available in decent quantities.

Other then that the 750ti should do if you don't care about any kind of decent performance, it's quite outdated and i would not recommend it as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    and when that one releases you can wait for the next one around the corner etc..

If you want something now that's cheap and that last somewhat get a 950 or rx480 (if you can find one), who knows when the rx460 might be available in decent quantities.

Other then that the 750ti should do if you don't care about any kind of decent performance, it's quite outdated and i would not recommend it as such.
    So many graphic cards are being released that the best thing to do is wait. The GTX 950 would be alright for the OP's needs, but we're probably a good 2 weeks away from the RX 460/470 release. The RX 460 should be around 100 USD.

Hi guys,

I would like to join the discussion because my topic is similar.
    I updated Mainboard, cpu und Ram a few months ago, but my HD6670 will be too weak for Legion.

I am using 1920x1080 resolution and I am satisfied with "good" ingame-settings. I don`t need any AA etc.
    The frames should not drop below 30 fps in raids.

Am I now a puppy, dolphin or narwhal?