Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    So we should what? Have men forced into the situations that women face during pregnancy as equality?

How the hell would that work?
    We can't, therefore child support is the next best thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    You are not prepared for it if you don't want to take responsibility for your actions
    And you purposefully missing the parts where I said that every male contraception can fail.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Don't fuck women / get the snip if you're that worried

Men have to pay
    Women have to squeeze it out and raise it

Men get the better deal
    Thank You!

Some men want the best of both worlds. They want to fuck without responsibility for their actions.

Childbirth isn't equal. The day childbirth becomes equal is the day guys shouldn't have to pay child support. This will never happen because biology says so.
    Also, I have to wonder.... Why do some men expect other people to pay for their baby? Because many women who birth kids without a father end up on welfare.. So, I say Fuck you to all the dead beat dads out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    There is financial risk too for women, do you think women don't have to pay?
    Do you know what is simple? Don't have sex if you are not prepared for it
    Really?
    Woman can just dump their kid in one of those and get cleared of everything:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_hatch

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    There is male contraception on the way. It may arrive next year in fact:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...l-by-2017.html
    Very nice. I'm on board with that.

I am prepared for sex. Condoms can break, vasectomies can fail.

And yet if any of those things happen, according to the law, the decision of whether I have a financial burden for the remainder of my life is in the hands of someone else completely.

That should not the case.
    Fine, you can sign off if you have a vasectomy, and use condom also. What kind of % of population are we talking about, that fits the criteria? 0.0000%?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

And you purposefully missing the parts where I said that every male contraception can fail.
    I don't see what that has to do with anything if you use contraception or not, you are not prepared to have sex if you want to not take responsibility for your actions

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    This is starting to sound like punishments vs actual support of a child.

Just sayin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizix View Post
    It's a very arguable notion that children with both parents are better off than children of single parents; it depends on the situation, the parents and the child. Adoption could be in their best interest, but not systematically.

@GrinningMan We're not discussing abortion here but child support law. Laws concern themselves with what they specifically regulate; in this case, it does prioritise the children over the parents.
    Not really, the only time a child is better off with just one parent is when the other parent is a complete twat or simply doesn't want to become a parent.

And abortion is a integral part of this, abortion is what gives woman reproductive rights, right that men sorely lack.

Quote Originally Posted by flyspyro View Post
    So, I say Fuck you to all the dead beat dads out there.
    How do you feel about deadbeat moms? And moms who give up their kid to adoption, etc?

Are they cool in your book? If so, why?

10+ Year Old Account
    I want there to be a way for a Male "financial abortion"

However, In the current set up, it begins and ends with 2 people. In the male abortion scenario, it begins with 2 and ends with 3. A lot of abortion law is based on the lowest denominator scenario, which means we would have to apply this to the male version too, which would be a male leaving and applying for it right as its impossible, impractical, or illegal for the woman to get an abortion. Unless there is a time limit on the man as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    This is starting to sound like punishments vs actual support of a child.

Just sayin.
    If you don't like it, there's a simple enough solution.

Public assistance that makes it viable to be a single parent.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you feel about deadbeat moms? And moms who give up their kid to adoption, etc?

Are they cool in your book? If so, why?
    I thought adoption was the other A word.... some slogan I see floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I want there to be a way for a Male "financial abortion"

However, In the current set up, it begins and ends with 2 people. In the male abortion scenario, it begins with 2 and ends with 3. A lot of abortion law is based on the lowest denominator scenario, which means we would have to apply this to the male version too, which would be a male leaving and applying for it right as its impossible, impractical, or illegal for the woman to get an abortion. Unless there is a time limit on the man as well.
    I want artificial wombs. If I got a girl preggers, I want that kid. I am willing to pay for the fetus to be moved to an artificial womb and then she can go kick fucking rocks.

10+ Year Old Account

And yet if any of those things happen, according to the law, the decision of whether I have a financial burden for the remainder of my life is in the hands of someone else completely.

"I am prepared for activity that is intended by nature for reproduction, but I am not prepared to deal with the consequences of reproduction". Doesn't sound reasonable.

Look, if you want to have sex desperately and can't just satisfy your urge on your own, then be willing to raise the child that might appear as a result. If you are not willing to raise it, then pay the support. The decision on whether you have a financial burden for the remainder of your life is in your hands. By making the decision to not raise the child, you say essentially, "Okay, I am willing to pay child support, if you still want a child" - and THEN it is the woman's turn to make a choice. If she chooses to still have the child, then you face the consequences of your choice.

It is not a rocket science, and I don't understand why people make a fuzz out of nothing. This is how nature works: sex => reproduction => raising child. If you want to do the first part, but don't want to do the last - well, then face the consequences of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    If a woman can choose (not) to abort without father's consent, why can't father choose not to pay child support if he wants her to do an abortion but she refuses? Either that or he should be able to stop the abortion but take full responsibility for the child once it's born.

Wouldn't that make the playing field equal?
    At the moment, it seems the go to response is to beat and/or kill the mother and unborn child and just sit it out in prison, it's probably cheaper in the long run.

As sole alternatives go it does lack a little something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want artificial wombs. If I got a girl preggers, I want that kid. I am willing to pay for the fetus to be moved to an artificial womb and then she can go kick fucking rocks.
    And if she refuses to have the extraction procedure done, then tough shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    So men should pay a financial burden because they don't have a womb?

Yes, because women who are raising the kid isn't using her own money to also support it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So men should pay a financial burden because they don't have a womb?
    Men should pay their share of the financial burden because there's compelling social interest in children not being raised in poverty, that's really as far as it goes.