Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix View Post
    I totally support this. Think about it... First Gul'dan severs Illidan's spirit from his body in Black Rook Hold, then he takes Illidan's body to the Nightwell for some undetermined reason (anyone with Beta access please shed some light if his reason is stated outright). Lorewise, it's likely Illidan still has the skull on his person, but I think it isn't necessary for this story to unfold. When Illidan absorbed the powers of the skull, he also absorbed a portion of MU Gul'dan's spirit as well as his memories. AU Gul'dan probably knows this (having spoken with Kil'jaeden) and he needs those memories in order to find the Chamber of the Eye and subsequently the Tomb of Sargeras's avatar.

The Nightwell is made up of pure Arcane from the Eye of Aman'thul (primordial creation energies and time magic), so it'd be the perfect source to resurrect MU Gul'dan using Illidan's body (now without Illidan's pesky spirit to interfere). Obviously things are going to get mucked up, and with Xe'ra's help, we'll find Illidan's spirit in the Twisting Nether again and attempt to get him back in his own body before AU Gul'dan succeeds.

Something tells me Gul'dan's story isn't ending at the Nightwell, especially when we have artwork showing Gul'dan and Illidan squaring off on what is likely the Broken Shore.

Its just artwork, guldan is done in Nighthold
    Bitch Pls

Quote Originally Posted by Goradan View Post
    Magic Well = OP Demonlord incoming. I think that Kil'jaeden could be using it to fully manifest in our world like he tried to in the sunwell. I don't think he is the one that would try things twice unless he learned from his mistakes the first time around. he is the brains to Archimonde's brawn.
    It's already known what he's doing if you look at the sound files and no it's not KJ.

Guldan is trying to use the Nightwell to put Sargeras in Illidan's body

Quote Originally Posted by gguga12 View Post
    Its just artwork, guldan is done in Nighthold
    Source? Proof? Not saying it's necessary for Gul'dan to survive the encounter if we're to go into the Tomb of Sargeras later (since Illidan will probably help us navigate once inside), but I would like to know where this is documented since his encounter hasn't been tested yet on Beta.
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

Source? Proof? Not saying it's necessary for Gul'dan to survive the encounter if we're to go into the Tomb of Sargeras later (since Illidan will probably help us navigate once inside), but I would like to know where this is documented since his encounter hasn't been tested yet on Beta.
    They said it in one of the panels iirc and I really don't feel like looking it up, but he is right. They said Guldan's story ends at nighthold.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    It's already known what he's doing if you look at the sound files and no it's not KJ.

Guldan is trying to use the Nightwell to put Sargeras in Illidan's body
    Do you have a link to those soundfiles? Also, does Gul'dan state WHY he needs Illidan's body or the Nightwell to do this?

He's trying to get Sargeras laid. He is a very dedicated wingman. After all, Sargeras hooked him up with that night elf booty.

Maybe Gul'dan wants to open his own microbrewery for a little side cash, and the Nightwell water gives things a smooth yet robust flavor. Or, maybe to summon KJ and other super powerful demons too.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Yeah if the scepter of Sargeras flavor text is to be believed, Sargeras might actually have a thing for azeroth and might try to corrupt her, so she becomes his.
    so sargeras is a pedo?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I'm sure we kill Gul'dan in Suramar. I'm also sure he's a demon by the end of the fight, and thus will just come back. He will be the Joker of WoW.

Also I checked the flavor text on the Scepter of Sargeras and it's about Ner'zhul. Am I missing something?

I totally support this. Think about it... First Gul'dan severs Illidan's spirit from his body in Black Rook Hold, then he takes Illidan's body to the Nightwell for some undetermined reason (anyone with Beta access please shed some light if his reason is stated outright). Lorewise, it's likely Illidan still has the skull on his person, but I think it isn't necessary for this story to unfold. When Illidan absorbed the powers of the skull, he also absorbed a portion of MU Gul'dan's spirit as well as his memories. AU Gul'dan probably knows this (having spoken with Kil'jaeden) and he needs those memories in order to find the Chamber of the Eye and subsequently the Tomb of Sargeras's avatar.

The Nightwell is made up of pure Arcane from the Eye of Aman'thul (primordial creation energies and time magic), so it'd be the perfect source to resurrect MU Gul'dan using Illidan's body (now without Illidan's pesky spirit to interfere). Obviously things are going to get mucked up, and with Xe'ra's help, we'll find Illidan's spirit in the Twisting Nether again and attempt to get him back in his own body before AU Gul'dan succeeds.

Something tells me Gul'dan's story isn't ending at the Nightwell, especially when we have artwork showing Gul'dan and Illidan squaring off on what is likely the Broken Shore.
    After we kill Gul'dan, Khadgar says that we "Denied the Legion's master a host," referring to Illidan's body. He evidently wanted it for Sargeras, not his MU counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I'm sure we kill Gul'dan in Suramar. I'm also sure he's a demon by the end of the fight, and thus will just come back. He will be the Joker of WoW.

Also I checked the flavor text on the Scepter of Sargeras and it's about Ner'zhul. Am I missing something?
    That's what I was thinking. We have a "hulked" version of Gul'dan with horns that looks REALLY similar to Illidan.

It's likely that Gul'dan is a demon at this point. I'm thinking perhaps that we are able to get Illidan's soul back in his body and then Gul'dan becomes a potential host for Sargeras instead? We've seen that artwork depicting the corrupted Titan that has him wreathed in orange flames.

And then we have a SUPER "hulked" version of Gul'dan that looks even MORE like Sargeras, yet he loses the horns, which is kind of strange.

So it's likely that:

1) Illidan is the initial host pick
    2) We resurrect him with his own soul
    3) Sargeras instead picks Gul'dan for a host
    4) We kill Gul'dan, denying Sargeras TWO hosts to act as his avatar

After that, I'm thinking we aren't going to use the 5 Pillars of Creation to seal the rift beneath the Tomb of Sargeras YET. I'm hypothesizing that Illidan is going to convince us to destroy Argus (which is currently linked directly to the portal at the Tomb) by collapsing the portal on the other side. We'll likely send our forces to Argus to relieve the Army of Light and assault Mac'Aree. Kil'jaeden might be the final boss of this expansion!

However, I don't think Sargeras will meet his demise this expansion. Obviously his body needs a host, so I'm convinced he'll find one at a later time in an expansion involving the void lords (maybe we'll get our Dark Titan afterall!).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    After we kill Gul'dan, Khadgar says that we "Denied the Legion's master a host," referring to Illidan's body. He evidently wanted it for Sargeras, not his MU counterpart.
    Do you happen to have the link to the text/sound files where this was datamined? I can't seem to find it.
    Last edited by RedFenix; 2016-07-09 at 11:47 PM.

Just watch the Legion announcement. They flat out said that we're done with Gul'dan in the encounter.

In the NightHold last encounter, Gul'dan is summoning Sargeras into Illidan's body, using the Eye of Aman'thul.
    When the encounter starts we fight Gul'dan's servants while he's casting near the Pillar of creation, then when they are defeated he joins the fight thinking he can handle us. As he's losing ground, Sargeras himself tells him to use the Eye of Aman'thul so Sargeras can lend him some of his powers (that's why Gul'dan is hulking). Each phase grants him a Sargeras power until the last transformation.

Prime Gul'dan never saw where the Avatar of Sargeras was buried, he found an empty place full of mad demons.

I suppose that everyone who entered the location was tricked by another force, not demonic, but something that had interest to hide the Avatar.

I suppose that it was N'Zoth who drove the demons mad and who tricked Prime Gul'dan.

The Burning Legion used the Well of Eternity to open a portal to Azeroth and begin the first demonic invasion. The Nightwell is equivalent to the Well of Eternity, and so its purpose is to open the portal for the Legion's forces to invade Azeroth once again.

We've seen that artwork depicting the corrupted Titan that has him wreathed in orange flames.
    In the World of Warcraft Chronicle: Volume 1, it is green flames (fel fire):

So we basically kill off the last chance of saving Azeroth as once Sargeras gets loses his last chance to build her either we will do it or N'Zoth will as a Dark Titan (Void Lord Avatar)

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Why are the well's so important, this one is ofc the same substance of the Well of Eternity.
    I think the answer lies right there.

However, I don't think Sargeras will meet his demise this expansion. Obviously his body needs a host.
    Let's get rid of Khadgar, he is like the new green Jesus, so annoying already.
    Last edited by Bumbac; 2016-07-10 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    The Burning Legion used the Well of Eternity to open a portal to Azeroth and begin the first demonic invasion. The Nightwell is equivalent to the Well of Eternity, and so its purpose is to open the portal for the Legion's forces to invade Azeroth once again.
    They don't need the Nightwell to open a portal on Azeroth since the Gate is already opened at the Tomb of Sargeras!!!

Gul'dan needs a portion of the Nightwell as he said it in the Comic.

I believe that AU Gul'dan was sent on Azeroth for many subjects:
    - assault the Vault of the Wardens with Cordana Felsong and get Illidan's body AND the artifact that the captured Demon Hunters stole (Sargeras Keystone) - checked
    - use the Sargeras Keystone, the artifact that can open a gate to Argus, in a powerful location where the Twisting Nether and the Great Dark Beyond merge (Tomb Of Sargeras) - checked
    - use the gate to Argus to summon the demon army and put pressure on Suramar and access to the Nightwell - checked
    - use the Eye of Aman'thul, the Nightwell and Illidan's body to summon Sargeras into it - failed
    What Legion should have done if Gul'dan succeeded :
    - find the reason why Avatar of Sargeras is nowhere to be found and thwart it
    - Legion find out that it was N'Zoth who was using his tricks so they decide to assault the Titan complex and kill the Old God
    - Illidan/Sargeras kills N'Zoth and gets his avatar back
    - Gul'dan transfers Sargeras' soul to his Avatar.
    - Avatar of Sargeras gets every Pillars of Creation and use it to destroy Azeroth
    Job Done

What is gonna happen since Gul'dan failed :
    - Legion find out that N'Zoth is behind Avatar's hidding and assault the Old God's prison
    - N'Zoth communicates with us and is asking for help. Azeroth (through Mani Bronzebeard) confirms the threat if the Old God falls.
    - 2nd raid tier : N'Zoth's prison, we stop the Legion's assault there and find out that N'Zoth disappeared.
    - 3rd content tier : We must find where the Avatar is buried, Karazhan is assaulted by demons, we investigate there and discover that Aegwynn left some informations. Karazhan is now a mega-dungeon (another entrance leading us to an inverted Karazhan)
    - 3rd raid tier : we found how to access to the place where the Avatar is. We reach it too late, Legion sent the Avatar to Argus. Then we learn that Velen is on his way to that place, Kadghar teleports us to the Exodar blahblah already told that in other posts the past 2 months. We don't wait for them to come back with Avatar of Sargeras, this strike is our only window of opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    They don't need the Nightwell to open a portal on Azeroth since the Gate is already opened at the Tomb of Sargeras!!!
    Yes, but how was the portal opened? The same way the first Legion portal was opened on Azeroth - through a font of power (the Nightwell).

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Yes, but how was the portal opened? The same way the first Legion portal was opened on Azeroth - through a font of power (the Nightwell).
    Nope, Gul'dan used the Sargeras Keystone that Illidan wanted to use in the Black Temple. Illidan sent his demon Hunters on Mardum to steal it while we were fighting him. They succeeded (DH starting questchains part 1) but when they came back they've been captured by A'dal forces and brought by Maïev to the Vault of the Wardens. She brought the stolen Artifact too. Then Gul'dan and Cordana Felsong attack the Vault (DH starting questchains part 2) and take Illidan's body and the artifact. Then they open the Gate and the world invasion begins. Since Demon Hunters will be playable at pre-patch's release, it makes sense in that timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    Nope,
    HAHA!!! Priceless.

Tell me something then, where the hell did all the shit tons of demons come from that were pouring into the Vault of the Wardens BEFORE Gul'dan got his hands on the Sargerei Keystone???