Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    TBC did ruin a lot of things. It was also the best expansion. Those two can both be true. Vanilla WoW was much better than any time after. TBC brought the game down down a bit. WotLK brought it down a little bit more. Cata brought it down A LOT. Mists was good, first expansion to actually be better than the previous one. And we all know what happened in WoD...
    Ah, thanks for your omnipotent, unwavering and completely infallible opinion on this matter. Without people like you, it might be possible for people to have their own personal preference on expansion quality. God forbid that ever happens!

Quote Originally Posted by Nere View Post
    I have played the beta and it is way better than WoD but we cannot tell by now because WoD looked great at the start and then turned shit because of 0 content. So I am pretty sure Legion will be great at launch but we will see for the rest.
    WoD never looked great to me. I had 0 interest in it once Garrisons were announced. I don't play an mmo to sit in a single-player instance. I still don't know wtf Blizzard was thinking. Class Halls are a little better, but I still wish they'd emphasize the MASSIVELY part of mmorpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    while I'm not about to try and say you're WRONG or anything stupid like that, I CAN, however, tell you that you're in the minority there with Blood. Well, not about Legion over WoD Blood specifically, but most people pretty much agree that WoD has been the absolute worst incarnation of Blood ever. And honestly, the thought of them removing Heart Strike and making Blood Boil your only single rune spender still makes me cringe. i'm SO glad they brought it back.
    the point is that this based on comparing it to its older incarnations. without having past experience blood was very enjoyable to play -> frost+unholy runes for DS, blood runes for boil or rune tap, diseases managed purely with outbreak glyph, plague leech and blood tap worked very smoothly with this (double DS into leech or tap with 10 charges, 5 charges for either soul reaper or DnD), rune desync was pretty much impossible. dont know how it was before, but i chose this class because it was supposedly immortal, so my guess is people just miss having a broken class.
    Last edited by pmkaboo; 2016-07-10 at 12:33 AM.

Hate to say it (no I dont) but you are clueless Mr op. Nothing wrong with classes or balance at 110. Maybe on the ptr idk about tat but no legion is fucking amazing. The changes to 5 mans alone are enough to make me sure of this. As long as they aren'tlying about the patches it's gonna be an amazing expansion. Try actually playing it before worrying about other idiots on the forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    WoD never looked great to me. I had 0 interest in it once Garrisons were announced. I don't play an mmo to sit in a single-player instance. I still don't know wtf Blizzard was thinking. Class Halls are a little better, but I still wish they'd emphasize the MASSIVELY part of mmorpg.
    They are this expansion with professions and world quests as well as order hall quests to some degree.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    Whoever enjoyed wod specs is nuts.
    Early WoD brewmaster was quite good. But then the whole fun detected/fun removed thing happened... as it always does...

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Probably because we're super close to pre patch and the classes are about as imbalanced as they were in tbc pre patch. It hasn't been close to this bad in 10 years. No amount of interesting content or story is going to make up for your class playing like shit either compared to WoD, or compared to other classes.

I've played many classes and specs on the beta and I've yet to play one that "plays like shit" as you so eloquently put it. It might be different from what you used to and I realize to some people that automatically means it "plays like shit" but to other people it's not as bad as a lot of the drama queens make it out to be. But it wouldn't be mmo champ without excessive hyperbole in regards to anything to make it seem far worse than it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yes, because every expansion without fail has been seen as worse then the one that came before. In a few months we will be saying how great WoD was and how badly Blizzard screwed up Legion.
    Never was part of that crowd, thank the Light...

Legion has done that more than any other WoW expansion since Wrath imo from what I've seen. You'll want to meet and make friends with people for mythic dungeons and raids obviously still require people and are more fun with friends. Also the WQ system and tagging/credit changes make it worthwhile to help random people out near you in the world where as before it was more of an annoyance than anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Neither have I. Are there the usual "my spec sucks now!!!"-people? Sure, they're there for every expansion. Other than that I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.
    Honestly some times that happens. They make changes to a class or spec and it puts some people off. When it does that for me I try some new things out to see if maybe something clicks with me more. I didn't really like warlocks in MoP or WoD that much because they required so many addons to play competitively that it got frustrating. Switched classes and enjoyed it a lot more. It was hard to change because I had played a warlock since BC but sometimes you have to find something different.

I seem to recall a lot of people liked WoD when it was in beta.

Oh, how the turn tables...

The quick answer is OH HELLLLLLL NO. It is pretty much better in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by LexiSwe View Post
    According to the beta testers they pretty much did a WoD meaning that they didnt listen to the community feedback on the beta forums, the tuning for the classes is waaaay of the charts and basically destroyed them. Meaning that you play WoW to have fun with your class and spec as the main posture and if it dosen't feel right, it can make the game feel worse. So there lies my question in the topic.

While I realize Legion will have more content than WoD did, why does Blizzard keep reinventing the wheel?
    This is the kind of asinine question that tells me I should ignore everything you write in the future. There will always be people who dislike and like WoW and it's various expansions. There will always be people who think that Blizzard doesn't listen to their customers, etc... It doesn't make one side right and one side wrong.

- My favorite specs were already destroyed in WoD (Balance, Destruction). Can't get worse from there.
    - There is once again reason to run heroic dungeons.
    - Story of Legion is much much better than WoD.
    - Transmogrification!
    - Yay new class! and Gnome hunters!
    - Professions!
    - More major patches (promissed)

Still need more reasons? I am sure there are more. (cough *leaving garrison* cough)

10+ Year Old Account
    Um............honestly? LFD/LFR may as well be a single player instance lol, no talking short of yelling at someone you might as well have 4/24 other NPCs with you. So yeah you kinda do play WoW for single player instances lol.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

overall after testing legion i think it will be much better than wod but please the guys saying all class changes and destroyed specs are fine are just kidding themselves,and time will tell when in a few months blizz are bombarded with complaints from disgruntled players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    overall after testing legion i think it will be much better than wod but please the guys saying all class changes and destroyed specs are fine are just kidding themselves,and time will tell when in a few months blizz are bombarded with complaints from disgruntled players.
    When aren't they? I mean honestly............it's what the community does, if they have nothing to bitch about they act like sheep and latch onto what someone else is bitching about......kinda why I think they ignore 3/4 of the feedback, it's all bullshit.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

My problem (as a casual observer) is that I keep seeing reports of things that excite me... and then Blizzard starts putting on restrictions that drain away my excitement.

We'll see how much great stuff makes it into the game without being nerfed to heck...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    My problem (as a casual observer) is that I keep seeing reports of things that excite me... and then Blizzard starts putting on restrictions that drain away my excitement.

We'll see how much great stuff makes it into the game without being nerfed to heck...
    Such as? I am not saying you are wrong they have done it to a few things for me, but examples?

Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    As the other poster stated, when is Blizzard not bombarded with complaints? People complain about classes since Alpha launched in late November. There is a post on MMO-C where a person is comparing DPS and still states that Demon Hunters only use two buttons. People can see the changes to Classes RIGHT NOW on PTR, again there reason to wait to complain about it. Class changes are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Such as? I am not saying you are wrong they have done it to a few things for me, but examples?
    First one that pops to mind was the replacement of dual-spec with the system I've read about (all-spec). "Great! I always wanted to try other specs!" Then the restrictions started rolling in. And the final straw was "oh, dual-spec is gone." So not only are we losing what we already had (which was pretty good; I generally only played a main spec and a fun/occasional off-spec), but if I switch between specs now, it's going to cost me resources.

Second one that springs to mind is the order hall gear sets. They're pretty minimal, meant to be only for people like me, who don't/won't/can't do group PvE, but to complete the set (and get the final set bonus; set bonuses that do NOT apply in group PvE, mind you), I have to defeat every dungeon boss... on a computer which gets overwhelmed by all the visuals in boss fights, leaving me dead weight to a group. So I have to punish some PUG with my presence, to get gear that would be minimal benefit in a dungeon PUG.

Things of that nature. Things that make me start off saying "Blizzard wants me to have fun!" but then the fine print reads "some restrictions apply, not valid to all users."

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Probably because we're super close to pre patch and the classes are about as imbalanced as they were in tbc pre patch. It hasn't been close to this bad in 10 years. No amount of interesting content or story is going to make up for your class playing like shit either compared to WoD, or compared to other classes.
    People say this literally every beta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    First one that pops to mind was the replacement of dual-spec with the system I've read about (all-spec). "Great! I always wanted to try other specs!" Then the restrictions started rolling in. And the final straw was "oh, dual-spec is gone." So not only are we losing what we already had (which was pretty good; I generally only played a main spec and a fun/occasional off-spec), but if I switch between specs now, it's going to cost me resources.

Second one that springs to mind is the order hall gear sets. They're pretty minimal, meant to be only for people like me, who don't/won't/can't do group PvE, but to complete the set (and get the final set bonus; set bonuses that do NOT apply in group PvE, mind you), I have to defeat every dungeon boss... on a computer which gets overwhelmed by all the visuals in boss fights, leaving me dead weight to a group. So I have to punish some PUG with my presence, to get gear that would be minimal benefit in a dungeon PUG.

Things of that nature. Things that make me start off saying "Blizzard wants me to have fun!" but then the fine print reads "some restrictions apply, not valid to all users."
    So it's blizzards fault that you are trying to play a game that your computer can't run? I mean, getting upset that you can't get a certain armor set because it requires running DUNGEONS is fucking ridiculous.
    Beta Club Brosquad