Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    tons of people lose arms in marvel it took like 1 book for him to get a shiny metal one ya hes not destroyed at all hell hes died before and came back this is NOTHING.
    I disagree. he looks lame as fuck with metal arm. he is destroyed imo.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    actually spiderman is black now not a woman
    He's probably referring to the Spider-Gwen spinoff where Gwen Stacey gets the spider powers. It's worth noting that she came out of the Spider-verse event which also featured Spider-Cat and dozens if not hundreds or thousands of Spider-People.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Actually, I consider it be worse then Riri. The same as Lex Luthor being Superman. Villains don't need to take superhero identities to become heroes, best example: Rogue.
    Except Rogue literally took Ms. Marvel's identity. She had Carol Danvers stuck in her head.

Not the best example.

Better Example: Deadpool.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    I disagree. he looks lame as fuck with metal arm. he is destroyed imo.
    i think he looks fine and i like thor more as odin son as i ever did when he had his hammer.

i think he looks fine and i like thor more as odin son as i ever did when he had his hammer.
    everyone has their own opinion I guess. I respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Dick Grayson gave up the Robin mantle to take on the new mantle of Nightwing. Jim Hammond was believed dead, so Johnny Storm took up the Human Torch mantle, and even kept it when Jim Hammond was reactivated(that happened in 1975 btw, not sure I'd call that "these days"). Tony Stark is retiring, so Riri is taking up the Iron Man mantle. Presumably, when Tony Stark comes out of retirement and returns to being Iron Man, Riri will take up a new mantle of her own.
    The android that was Hammond was supposedly wiped of his memories and his body used to make the Vision (using the brain patterns of Simon Williams, which really pissed off his bro for some reason)
    From wiki:

"Thomas also came up with the idea of the Vision having been created from the body of the Human Torch, but only planted a vague clue to this (in The Avengers #93) before leaving the series. It was finally followed up in The Avengers #134–135. Writer Steve Englehart explained, "That plot was well known in-house for years, and since Roy [Thomas] and Neal [Adams] hadn't had a chance to do it, I did it on my watch with Roy’s blessing."

--------------------

I think we're getting a bit comic-book...nerdy here...I keep reaching for my glasses that I no longer need.

hm he lost his arm and his hammer. not destroying at all.
    That's nothing really, he's been dead and/or lost a few times. A couple of times he was replaced by a human in a similar way to how Jane Foster took over recently. There's also some shenanigans Odin set up to thwart the Ragnarok cycle. There's a Thor-corps made up of a few people who have replaced Thor at one point or another, Thor-girl who is actually an entity near to Odin's power who copied Thor's style when he impressed her with his valour, and of course recently there was the Thors who were a cross-dimensional police force serving God-Emperor Doom on Battleworld in the recent universal reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    a monkey playing Iron man? omg that is just fucking stupid
    Well, at least this guy is upfront about his racism...and ignorance.

James Rhodes (also an african-american) was iron man way way back in the 80's.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2016-07-10 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    a monkey playing Iron man? omg that is just fucking stupid
    Well...that's revealing.

7+ Year Old Account
    everyone has their own opinion I guess. I respect that.
    seeing a reasonable response is odd is this thread i don't know how to react.

seeing a reasonable response is odd is this thread i don't know how to react.
    oh believe me, I know that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Well, at least this guy is upfront about his racism...and ignorance.

James Rhodes (also an african-american) was iron man way way back in the 80's.
    Rhodes as IM makes sense to me.
    Just as Sam Wilson becoming Cap.
    There's history here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The android that was Hammond was supposedly wiped of his memories and his body used to make the Vision (using the brain patterns of Simon Williams, which really pissed off his bro for some reason)
    From wiki:

"Thomas also came up with the idea of the Vision having been created from the body of the Human Torch, but only planted a vague clue to this (in The Avengers #93) before leaving the series. It was finally followed up in The Avengers #134–135. Writer Steve Englehart explained, "That plot was well known in-house for years, and since Roy [Thomas] and Neal [Adams] hadn't had a chance to do it, I did it on my watch with Roy’s blessing."

--------------------

I think we're getting a bit comic-book...nerdy here...I keep reaching for my glasses that I no longer need.
    Technically Hammond and Vision are classed synthezoids rather than androids as they are made up of artificial cells. Also Hammond had been split into two duplicates by a time traveler so he gets to continue existing despite being turned into the vision.

7+ Year Old Account
    oh believe me, I know that feeling.
    oh i got it um fuck you and um your racist and um sexist and um humanist and um a sjw and um.......... ok i don't know how to be a rager on a forum i'm sorry.

Rhodes as IM makes sense to me.
    Just as Sam Wilson becoming Cap.
    There's history here.
    I was speaking directly in regards to the "A monkey playing Iron Man" comment. Not only is it racist...it's uninformed.

but yeah...sometimes there's history when one character takes up another's mantle. Like Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson
    Sometimes there isn't though...like with Miles Morales and Peter Parker
    Or Jean Paul Valley and Bruce Wayne
    Or Jason Todd and Dick Grayson
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2016-07-10 at 01:35 AM.

Wasn't this character seeded into the MU during Secret Wars?
    I might have to go back and see who else they've quietly ushered onto the stage to act as successor/sidekicks...

oh i got it um fuck you and um your racist and um sexist and um humanist and um a sjw and um.......... ok i don't know how to be a rager on a forum i'm sorry.
    MMO Champion - place where people bitch about everything and insult everyone.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2016-07-10 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Technically Hammond and Vision are classed synthezoids rather than androids as they are made up of artificial cells. Also Hammond had been split into two duplicates by a time traveler so he gets to continue existing despite being turned into the vision.
    "Split into two duplicates?"
    Sounds like something well after I left reading Marvel.

Deleted
    I'm gonna go ahead and start a new SJW movement.

I want all marvel superheroes to have Alzheimers or cancer. I also want them to be dwarves, fat and bald.

Why not? Why is it more important that some minority groups are represented then others?

Fuck this SJW shit

"Split into two duplicates?"
    Sounds like something well after I left reading Marvel.
    Avengers Forever if I recall correctly, so you stopped reading them in '97/'98?