Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Why are you on Southpark?

The only reason SP is even brought up is because (and stay with me) It had gotten so common in America that a reasonably attractive female raping a minor would get a mild reaction that it trickled its way into entertainment. Anyone who even browsed a statutory rape thread or kept up with the news even in passing would have peeped this.

So you keep harping on Soputhpark and ignore the entiore premise of this discussion.

I thought something was funny
    Other poster asked what
    I said they wouldn't understand caus ethey are sheltered.
    They then admit they are ignorant of what I was talking about and have mad eno attempts top fix that.

I admit my beef was that they just say "I never saw/heard" that as if that is a valid argument.

Then you yahoos roll up talking about Southpark like my discussion hinged on it somehow.

Catch up.
    Sure bro, and Archer is a fine source to discuss geopolitics and espionage. I mean, if a concept makes it to an episode there, then I guess ocelots are really more important than they seem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    So basically, it's as fair as it can be so long as the woman is the one carrying and giving birth to the child? Not likely to change anytime soon since even if it COULD be altered, it would still require a procedure done to the woman's body. <.<

Securest way of not risking an unwanted child still remains, don't have sex.
    I guess some would argue that we can further balance the playing field by giving a bit of legal advantages to men to counter the advantage women get by being able to decide whether to give birth or not... But in practice, such attempts usually result in a big legal and ethical mess.

The current system works fine most of the time, and it definitely works fine for responsible individuals, who don't just go for pleasure, ignoring the possible consequences, and make informed decisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I'm not sure that's a factor. Stopping the production of sperm via a pill shouldn't be much different than stopping ovulation, but probably comes with the same possible side effects that women can experience and thus a concern men may not be interested in paying for the product. Vasalgel is a more long term method, much like a no scalpel vasectomy but without cutting the vas deferens. This is notable because not cutting the vas deferens eliminates the two possible side effects of a vasectomy (sperm granulomas and pressure buildup). Since fluids can pass through the gel, but sperm cannot, this will likely reduce the incidence of back-pressure. And since Sperm granulomas are formed when the vas deferens is severed in a vasectomy and sperm leak into surrounding tissue, a process that does not involve cutting the vas eliminates this possibility.
    stopping a process that occurs once a month and has a biological mechanism to stop itself in place already is going to be a lot easier then stopping something that happens a million times in the span of your lunch break and is designed to carry on for your entire life after puberty.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Sure bro, and Archer is a fine source to discuss geopolitics and espionage. I mean, if a concept makes it to an episode there, then I guess ocelots are really more important than they seem.
    Troll confirmed.

Ignore entire post and stay on the Southpark stick. At least Hana and I can still have a discussion on something he/she understands. Nothing wrong with being ignorant. But purposefully ignoring an explanation/argument is just tacky.

Welcome to my ignore list.

It is, but if anything I would posit that it should be easier to manage sperm production because of that. It's a less complex system since its not tied to a monthly cycle.
    I think it's harder because you only need to stop that egg, with sperms it's millions of them that you need to stop

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Troll confirmed.

Ignore entire post and stay on the Southpark stick.

Welcome to my ignore list.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...4225d3912b.jpg

It is, but if anything I would posit that it should be easier to manage sperm production because of that. It's a less complex system since its not tied to a monthly cycle.
    simple things are often harder to stop because they have less parts for you to mess with safely

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I don't understand why this discussion keeps coming up...

If you don't wanna pay wrap up, it's simple
    and if it breaks?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Now switch that around and make it about a man that wants to be a dad and a woman that has last-hour regrets.
    Or about a manipulative person that abuses the system in order to get what she wants out of a biased system.

Irrelevant, right? In the end, it's all about the "actions and the consequences of those feckless horny men not dealing with their responsibilities" and protecting those poor women and the innocent infants~
    No, it's about respecting the laws that have been put in place to protect people from person to person exploitation. Don't get me wrong, there are feckless women on the other side who think they're gaming the system, but whatever they may or may not get from the system, they just got a child they're responsible for. That has a hell of lot more impact on their lives than paying child support does.

You might have to clarify what you mean by last hour regrets for me, are you suggesting abortion mere hours before they're about to give birth?

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    I think it's harder because you only need to stop that egg, with sperms it's millions of them that you need to stop
    It is simpler to do female contraception. That much is evident. If it was easier for men to take a pill then we would have had that first. However, I think govt should still support male contraception. If women have autonomy like that then it is only right for men to as well. If the situation was flipped, Feminism would be fighting for just that (and rightfully so)

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    and if it breaks?
    A risk, up to the involved parties if they're willing to take it. There's also genital disease to consider when you want to sleep around with people you don't know. Most people wouldn't trust a stranger with their house or car or even phone in many cases, yet people risk their lives (unwanted children, diseases) for some fleeting pleasure with strangers...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-07-10 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woadnson View Post
    No, it's about respecting the laws that have been put in place to protect people from person to person exploitation. Don't get me wrong, there are feckless women on the other side who think they're gaming the system, but whatever they may or may not get from the system, they just got a child they're responsible for. That has a hell of lot more impact on their lives than paying child support does.

You might have to clarify what you mean by last hour regrets for me, are you suggesting abortion mere hours before they're about to give birth?
    Meant more along the lines of a couple that, originally, wants kids and then she decides she doesn't. Which is perfectly okay and we shouldn't force anyone to give birth. Was more of a snap at the, what seemed, to be an insinuation that the men that wish to be fathers are close to nonexistent and it's mostly a case of poor women having to carry the burden on their own while all men just want to bail out.
    Reading it closely I might have snapped too harshly (and not coherently enough) - it's late, so apologies

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Meant more along the lines of a couple that, originally, wants kids and then she decides she doesn't. Which is perfectly okay and we shouldn't force anyone to give birth. Was more of a snap at the, what seemed, to be an insinuation that the men that wish to be fathers are close to nonexistent and it's mostly a case of poor women having to carry the burden on their own while all men just want to bail out.
    Reading it closely I might have snapped too harshly (and not coherently enough) - it's late, so apologies
    Quite alright. I think the problem with couples who have this sort of conflict is that the issue tends to be the deathknell of their relationship anyway, especially if it isn't simply a situation where one of them is saying "We aren't ready yet".

If it's so important to the man he'll move on (with luck) to another relationship where it isn't a problem. There is the possibility of ending up wanting to be a bachelor father, and I think the processes using donors and surrogates will be more expensive than it is for a woman with the same desires, but there are certainly options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    and if it breaks?
    Then say hi to being a father and raise your new child responsibly!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why stairs were invented. Just say you want to propose on the Empire State Building.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    This is why stairs were invented. Just say you want to propose on the Empire State Building.
    Let's be honest, most guys (people in general really) are far too stupid to pull off anything like that. Prison is filled with people who thought they were clever enough to get away with it.

But hey, upside is, you don't need to worry about Bunkmate Bubba making you preggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because responsibility usually comes with the person that makes the decision.
    He decided to not care about knocking her up.

Its real simple....if you don't want to pay for a kid, don't get the women pregnant.

The problem is you guys want to have sex and have no consequences....well tough shit. Get over it thems the breaks.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post

Its real simple....if you don't want to pay for a kid, don't get the women pregnant.

The problem is you guys want to have sex and have no consequences....well tough shit. Get over it thems the breaks.
    And again, you're pointing the blame on the man. It's ALWAYS the man's fault. Patriarchy indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

As I posted earlier in this thread, men have to stop giving up their power to choose. Don't leave the decision for birth control in the hands of someone else. Use a condom every time or for a more guaranteed preventive method (and if you just hate condoms), get a no-scalpel-vasectomy procedure which is reversible if/when you decide to have kids. Don't tell anyone you had it done and it functions as a "cheater detector" too. Laugh all the way to the bank when some cheating hussy tries to say "oops" and "congratulate" you on becoming a father, and you whip out your medical forms and say "Nuh-uh lady!". While I don't have the experience of this myself, I was with a close friend when he did exactly that... and let me tell you the grin on his face, and the look of shock of hers was priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    And again, you're pointing the blame on the man. It's ALWAYS the man's fault. Patriarchy indeed.
    But in a way it is partly the fault of men. It's their fault for giving up their right to choose. Men have to stop leaving birth control in someone elses hands and take that responsibility upon themselves for their own protection. Men have the power to make unplanned pregnancies impossible while having all the sex they want. They just have to make the choice to use it, cause once the bun is in the oven, men no longer have the choice and they have an inescapable responsibility to provide for that child if she chooses to keep it.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2016-07-10 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post

The irony is palpable

But in a way it is partly the fault of men.
    I agree. It is split 50/50 and yes, Men did give women the right to choose. I mean, we even gave them the right to vote (just being factual here)

What I dislike is when people act like women have no autonomy and are just objects to be acted upon when it is convenient in order to blame me.