Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Too late, I already posted a video of him talking.

Seriously right? I want to be 1000 years old and more.
    haha yeah u did im glad someone else knows who this man is tho bravo

- - - Updated - - -

also its impossible to live forever i mean the universe is still expanding which means we are gonna freeze to death or what if it has a rubber band effect and snaps back then we burn sigh
    mr pickles

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    How else am I supposed to visit every country, read all books and play all games (that are worth it, meaning like 5%)?
    But the authors and game developers would keep churning stuff out; your current favourites live longer and more are born. You would never catch up.

If everyone lived for a thousand years we'd have massive problems.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Sectum Sempra!
    "...to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Well, if you look at mice or even insects, that live just a few years or just DAYS, I think that actually humans naturally only live for 13 hours but all the deforestation, harmful chemicals, pollution, processed foods, drug side effects, stress, and overall lifestyle choice cause us to suffer into an overdue grave into our 80s
    This person just won the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    also its impossible to live forever i mean the universe is still expanding which means we are gonna freeze to death or what if it has a rubber band effect and snaps back then we burn sigh
    I'll worry about that when and if I live that long. Right now, I'll worry about death by senescence. More importantly, not looking like a prune when I'm older.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If everyone lived for a thousand years we'd have massive problems.
    You'll have these problems regardless. Eventually we'll have to do something about population control.

"...to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."
    More like the well delusional mind. When you're dead, you're dead. Unless you think Vigo the Carpathian is real.

"Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

Long lifespans are a mix of genes (and a lack thereof certain genes), a slow metabolism and a healthy lifestyle.

Humans could eventually live past 100 and beyond via genetic engineering and living a balanced life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Well, if you look at mice or even insects, that live just a few years or just DAYS, I think that actually humans naturally only live for 13 hours but all the deforestation, harmful chemicals, pollution, processed foods, drug side effects, stress, and overall lifestyle choice cause us to suffer into an overdue grave into our 80s
    Mice and Mole rats are about the same size, but Mole rats can live up to 30 years. Mole rats also don't seem to age. If they die, it isn't age related.

Speaking of mice, there is a program that was started to make the longest living mouse based on therapies they have tested. Up to this point, a number of therapies have shown to extend the life of mice, but never done in combination. We know removing senescent cells extend their lives by 35%, and extending telomeres will extend it by 25%, and etc. What if you combine these therapies? How long could a mouse live? Once you find a good combination, then transfer those therapies to humans.

I know you used mice as an example, but it really wasn't a good example.

http://www.majormouse.org/

I believe our lifespans can be doubled with technology if not made completely immortal.