Page 99 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    So, you would have no issue with the police being issued anti-tank missiles....
    I don't.

Anti tank weapons are made to penetrate armored and are very bad at dealing with people. If they were, te army would use them against people.

Seeing as how I understand how Javelins, TOW missles and Sabot round work, I'd let cops have them. They would be useless for anything beyond breaching walls and hardened defenses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I don't really see a realistic situation where that would be the minimally sufficient solution and therefore don't think it's something they should just have on hand, but I suppose if someone was taking a fully armed tank down Main Street and causing a ruckus, I'd be OK with it unless the National Guard or military intend to handle it.
    A rampaging tank in California had the driver killed with a 9mm handgun, that is the only instance of that type in the US I am aware of. But it is not much of a stretch to go to guided missiles once you are ok with blowing criminals up with explosives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has the NRA made any actual comments about the guy who was shot because he was getting his open carry license?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    I don't.

Anti tank weapons are made to penetrate armored and are very bad at dealing with people. If they were, te army would use them against people.

Seeing as how I understand how Javelins, TOW missles and Sabot round work, I'd let cops have them. They would be useless for anything beyond breaching walls and hardened defenses.
    Anti tank missiles have been used against people a lot actually, especially ones behind cover. They are just expensive for that purpose.
    I question your depth of understanding seeing as you included "sabot" in an anti tank missile comment.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that you mention it, I think I recall something about that. He didn't have shells and he forgot to lock the hatch, right?

Either way, my basic position is that police should take a sensible approach to the situation. I'm less concerned with what weapon they ultimately use and more with whether or not it was overkill or reckless for the specific situation. I don't like them running around spending all sorts of money on military surplus they'll almost certainly never need, like the fucking Saginaw police, but if the situation arises, I'm OK with them getting it. The last thing I want are situations like that shootout in California (I think) back in the 90s where the police were completely out geared by the bank robbers, who had automatic weapons and kevlar vests.
    I believe he combat locked the tank, but an officer that got on it knew how to defeat the lock (he was a tanker in the Marine Reserve).

Bolt action rifles were all the police really needed to end the North Hollywood shootout. Automatic weapons are really intended to suppress return fire or saturate an area indiscriminately with bullets. Not really the best thing for police in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are all the second amendment loons suddenly singing a different tune?

The whole narrative of the NRA is that you need guns to be able to overthrow oppressive governments. This is the violent endgame they are always furiously masturbating over.

Very interesting.

This man was not shot and killed by police.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Has the NRA made any actual comments about the guy who was shot because he was getting his open carry license?
    Don't hold your breath Greymane. That guy wasn't "one of the good ones."
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Why are all the second amendment loons suddenly singing a different tune?

The whole narrative of the NRA is that you need guns to be able to overthrow oppressive governments. This is the violent endgame they are always furiously masturbating over.

Very interesting.

This man was not shot and killed by police.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't hold your breath Greymane. That guy wasn't "one of the good ones."
    Gotchyeah
    /10

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they assume the police and military will be on their side and they'll stroll into Washington to execute the liberal government and RINO collaborators.
    Sadly, I think you're probably right.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    I just remember the police were basically fucked in the beginning because they had insufficient firepower and were not able to resolve the situation until they brought in bigger guns. I was quite young and my memory of it is not great. The point is I don't want to toss police into stupid situations out of fear of them turning on us, but neither do I want them wasting money on ridiculous things. A happy medium is the way to go.
    The more you arm yourself like the military, the more you act like a military force.

Well the mental gymnastics went pretty retard in the last couple of posts.

/popcorn

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they assume the police and military will be on their side and they'll stroll into Washington to execute the liberal government and RINO collaborators.
    It is thought the junior enlisted would fight for the government but a large portion of the NCOs would not. The officer corps is a toss up. The police would most likely fight for the government or flee like they did in New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    If black people stopped committing violent criminal acts at ridiculously higher rates than other segments of the population, I get the feeling their violent interactions with the police would go way, way down.

Black people getting shot by police is a symptom of a problem, not the actual problem.

We have a few million black people living in inner city ghettos that commit almost all the crime in those cities. Telling the police to stand down and just let them run wild is not a solution.
    And when they do stand down, the result is more black people being killed. I'd wager those murdered are far more innocent then the ones the cops are shooting.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, but at the same time, allowing a situation like that to drag out because you're afraid of what might happen if the police have extra firepower is also putting the public at risk. Are you willing to trade a theoretical future threat for a real and immediate one?
    Yes I am actually. I have not been a fan of the increased militarization of the police and feel it is a leading cause of police violence and the antagonistic approach many of them take.

- - - Updated - - -

I was unaware anyone had really bothered to strategize about this seriously. I was simply going off of the revolutionary wet dreams of people I've had the misfortune of knowing.
    They did a survey of the military years ago, that was what the results showed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    Semantics aside, it seems to me like whatever legal right challenge might have been argued against the White House using drones to kill US Citizens on US soil is out the window, since this incident seems to have set a precedent that such usage is justifiable.
    Police officers, and depending on the state citizens, have a right to protect themselves from great bodily harm/death by using deadly force.Legally speaking, whether its a gun, running them over with a car or using a robot bomb is irrelevant. I think the difference between this and a US citizen being droned overseas is what is going on when the bomb was used. If a US citizen over seas is shooting at military personal, they would be well within their rights to bomb and/or shoot him and you wont get any real objection. It's the same here, this guy was shooting and there wasnt another way to get to him without significant risk. Had it been a case where he got away and they used the bomb while he was playing xbox a week later, then you'd have a point. That would be comparable to drone striking a US Citizen who wasnt actively committing violence.

The whole BLM movement is pretty retarded in the grand scheme of things. All lives matter, not just black lives. And if you are doing something that requires the police to use lethal force against you, you deserve to die, regardless of the color of your skin.

It's just like the sit-in that the BLM movement is doing in Denver. They're sitting in for 135 hours.....one hour for each black person killed by police so far this year. That's fucking stupid. Considering that the majority, if not vast majority of those deaths were probably warranted given their special circumstances. But yet here is BLM, calling for protests for each one of those lives, regardless of how guilty they really were.

Elsewhere, we've seen riots and looting and destruction of property when the BLM organizes protests. Not exactly what you should be going for when trying to make it seem like the rest of us should value your life more than what we apparently do now.

Then you have members of the movement applauding and praising fucking horrible shit like the sniper killing cops in Dallas. That's a new fucking low.

Granted, I know not every single person involved in the BLM movement is like this, but the movement as a whole is retarded, racist, narrow-minded, and honestly quite worthless for what they are supposedly trying to achieve. Until they start doing things the way it should be done, and doing it for the right reasons, they might as well start being classified as another hate group and ignored and/or treated as such. And if we start seeing more shit happen like what did in Dallas, then BLM needs to start being labeled as a domestic terrorist threat, if nothing but for the fact that everywhere they seem to go, really bad shit happens (riots, looting, murders, etc). Doesn't even matter if the people doing that stuff supposedly "aren't part of BLM" (which I call bullshit on). Other people/groups get the "terrorist threat" label for having even less association with stuff than that BLM has with all the retarded shit going on.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-07-10 at 05:15 AM.

Damn, I regret liking black girl's pics on Instagram T_T

Now my explore feed is filled w/ black power/supremacy conspiracy theories and racist af posts, that real shooters were white, that arrested shooter is a puppet or even an innocent soul, who did nothing wrong, that everything in Dallas was staged, that whites are cancer of earth and our planet needs to be treated.

And since when so many Black Americans, at least according to my new explore feed, became descendants of Kings and Queens of Egypt and various neighbouring countries and tribes? O_o Then these people bitch about cultural appropriation. Funniest thing is, when Blacks from Africa say that Black Americans should stop doing so, Black Americans say that said Africans are brainwashed and coons

Thank you, Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Damn, I regret liking black girl's pics on Instagram T_T

Now my explore feed is filled w/ black power/supremacy conspiracy theories and racist af posts, that real shooters were white, that arrested shooter is a puppet or even an innocent soul, who did nothing wrong, that everything in Dallas was staged, that whites are cancer of earth and our planet needs to be treated.

And since when so many Black Americans, at least according to my new explore feed, became descendants of Kings and Queens of Egypt and various neighbouring countries and tribes? O_o Then these people bitch about cultural appropriation. Funniest thing is, when Blacks from Africa say that Black Americans should stop doing so, Black Americans say that said Africans are brainwashed and coons

Thank you, Instagram
    Didn't you know? It's ok to be racist as long as you're black.

Seriously though....some of the most racist people I know or have heard talk are black people. They think that because their great, great, great, great grandpappy had to go through slavery, that that somehow gives them the right to act like a bunch of racist douchebags.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-07-10 at 06:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i swear Fox has some of the worst anchors

https://youtu.be/Zc1UMPjtKyk?t=4322

you can skip most of it i just wanted to show this part
    the guy said he disapproved BLM on how they were being handled and the group should be taken back by force in a different source. on my phone at the moment cant fish up the info

that and he was acting alone

but this lady and the other one i forget her name just make me wanna slap them when they come on air when ether my father or a co-worker turns on their segments
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    Semantics aside, it seems to me like whatever legal right challenge might have been argued against the White House using drones to kill US Citizens on US soil is out the window, since this incident seems to have set a precedent that such usage is justifiable.
    I don't get the argument here. This guy deserved what was coming to him and this thing potentially saved lives. Who cares if he's a US citizen on US soil? That doesn't make him any less of a POS. They controlled this thing just like they would've controlled a gun or a taser, and that's fine to use on US citizens on US soil.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I don't get the argument here. This guy deserved what was coming to him and this thing potentially saved lives. Who cares if he's a US citizen on US soil? That doesn't make him any less of a POS. They controlled this thing just like they would've controlled a gun or a taser, and that's fine to use on US citizens on US soil.
    well he had also barricaded himself in the Garage and they used the bomb to get him . otherwise there could of been alot more police deaths
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream