Poll: How do you feel about "Hidden" Artifact abilities?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Come on fuck the balance already, let's have some fun! Let's roll the dice!

I'm fucking dead serious here. We've had over TEN YEARS of "balance", and I think as loyal fans we earned a little bit of a fun...And no, it's not fun at somebody's expense (inb4 waah waah world pvp), errybody will have fun!

I'm fucking sick of balance, let's have some perfect imbalance; rogues oneshooting cloth, mages destroying warriors, hunters destroying warriors (poor warriors) and I don't mean this in a waah waah vanilla server way, I mean it in a it'll be so fucking fun for errrrybody way!

Sorry I just had to get this off my chest. /dropmic
    So what you are asking for is Legion alpha pvp - it might sound cool and fun, but after 2-3 bgs ( or mostly arena back then) it was far away from fun. I seriously got a few grey hairs from it :P
    Being kicked in the jewels will be more fun, so no thank you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    They are fun flavor abilities, not min/max abilities.
    Okay, so even less reason to hide them from people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Okay, so even less reason to hide them from people.
    No it's fun, if you don't want them hidden look for them.

Deleted
    No it's fun, if you don't want them hidden look for them.
    What is fun about not knowing stuff? Is it fun to not know where the npcs for quests are? Is it fun not to know how to pay taxes? I don't think so, the effects are fun but that has nothing to do with the fact that they are hidden

What is fun about not knowing stuff? Is it fun to not know where the npcs for quests are? Is it fun not to know how to pay taxes? I don't think so, the effects are fun but that has nothing to do with the fact that they are hidden
    It's fun learning things and finding things.

Is it fun knowing where everyone is hiding while playing hide and go seek? Is it fun knowing how to solve every jigsaw puzzle without thinking?

IT'S A GAME Stop using backwards logic. No one said that you can't pay your taxes.

In this day and age of information sharing there is no hidden abilities. The abilities themselves are cool. I do not see reason to hide them or try and make them seem mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    In this day and age of information sharing there is no hidden abilities. The abilities themselves are cool. I do not see reason to hide them or try and make them seem mysterious.
    Apparently sometimes stuff is hidden away for some time successfully despite the age. The murloc pet terky was hidden away in 6.2.2. and only discovered awhile in (~1,5 months if the wowhead comments hold true.)

From a fantasy standpoint I think it is nice that there still might be things not yet discovered.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2016-07-09 at 11:29 PM.

Deleted
    It's fun learning things and finding things.

Is it fun knowing where everyone is hiding while playing hide and go seek? Is it fun knowing how to solve every jigsaw puzzle without thinking?

IT'S A GAME Stop using backwards logic. No one said that you can't pay your taxes.
    So using google to get the list is fun?

No, but I told you there is a difference between gameplay and passive effects. So is it fun to know that while playing hide & seek the hiders are not allowed to hide indoors? Yes!

You logic is way more backwards then mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post
    Apparently sometimes stuff is hidden away for some time successfully despite the age. The murloc pet terky was hidden away in 6.2.2. and only discovered awhile in (~1,5 months if the wowhead comments hold true.)

From a fantasy standpoint I think it is nice that there still might be things not yet discovered.
    Yes, but Blizzard never said that the pet has something hidden, with the artifacts they stated they have abilities that are hidden. So Blizzard fucked up by telling people: There are things, but we are not telling you. So people will look up lists of these abilities. If they just kept their mouths shut on this feature, nobody would care.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    lol.. cretin, jesus, salty much?

Seriously, never go play any other MMO than WoW. Because others have hidden secrets, stuff that isn't told to you directly what happens oO

I know, how dare they do that. Imagine having to figure out stuff yourself.

Again, go do yoga, does wonder for blood pressure.

Also, what does the start questline of the expansion have to do with artifacts anyway?

What does your whole post have to do with it?
    why do you feel the need to be an incessant troll?

all i said was that itd be nice to have a tooltip to explain some dumbass blue glow under my death knights feet. thats all. i dont need it to explain why its glowing necessarily, just to say "oh youre a frost dk so your steps are cold as ice (queue foreigner)." thats all.

but apparently to you that means i want everything handed to me. Sorry, i dont take kindly to people calling me some welfare player, my guild broke apart half way through wod and i had to go about raiding the old way of advertising in chats or suffering through hours of pugs just to get one kill. so dont say i want shit handed to me.

otherwise have a good day nerd and suck it.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    why do you feel the need to be an incessant troll?

all i said was that itd be nice to have a tooltip to explain some dumbass blue glow under my death knights feet. thats all. i dont need it to explain why its glowing necessarily, just to say "oh youre a frost dk so your steps are cold as ice (queue foreigner)." thats all.

but apparently to you that means i want everything handed to me. Sorry, i dont take kindly to people calling me some welfare player, my guild broke apart half way through wod and i had to go about raiding the old way of advertising in chats or suffering through hours of pugs just to get one kill. so dont say i want shit handed to me.

otherwise have a good day nerd and suck it.
    TL;DR

OMG I have to pug raids I are so not a welfare player you scrub.

Your whole post reeked of "omg blizzard needs to explain everything because that is how the world works". Which, if you can guess is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    TL;DR

OMG I have to pug raids I are so not a welfare player you scrub.

Your whole post reeked of "omg blizzard needs to explain everything because that is how the world works". Which, if you can guess is just wrong.
    fake world bub, azeroth isnt real. tooltips please
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

So using google to get the list is fun?
    Some people like to enjoy the games and not google everything.

No, but I told you there is a difference between gameplay and passive effects. So is it fun to know that while playing hide & seek the hiders are not allowed to hide indoors? Yes!
    You stating something doesn't make it a fact. Just becasue you said it doesn't mean I agree. Hence the responses.

You logic is way more backwards then mine.
    I 'mean if you consider someone playing a game they enjoy and actually having fun instead of googling everything and ruining it for themselves backwards ... then sure yeah.

I'm done with this conversation. Let's just agree to agree that you're wrong.

Deleted
    Some people like to enjoy the games and not google everything.

You stating something doesn't make it a fact. Just becasue you said it doesn't mean I agree. Hence the responses.

I 'mean if you consider someone playing a game they enjoy and actually having fun instead of googling everything and ruining it for themselves backwards ... then sure yeah.

I'm done with this conversation. Let's just agree to agree that you're wrong.
    So passive effects are gameplay? How is a +5% damage buff gameplay? Tell me, please.

I ruined nothing of my enjoyment by googling anything, because I want to know it How does knowing that Ashbringer can turn undead to ash ruin anything? If I know it, I can go out and kill undead just to see the effect, and enjoy the effect. By not knowing I never would seek it out and the work of Blizzard has gone to waste...

Kinda bums me out whenever people get in line to complain about (what is largely) minor flavour items or additions. It's the reason we have 2 hour cooldowns on disguise toys that only last for 15 minutes - because it might annoy someone on the Horde to kill an Alliance player looking like a blood elf in a BG.

At this rate we'll see less and less of it, and when we do, it'll always have serious limitations to ensure that online hysteria doesn't explode on the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearsom1992 View Post
    Idk about frost mage or arcane yet :, (
    Arcane one absorbs arcane energy from certain areas and gives you a damage buff. I haven't done any zones other than Azsuna on my mage yet, but I assume there is arcane to suck in other zones as well.

Deleted
    outlaw rogue?

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what hidden ability monks would get. Who am I kidding, no one plays monk so we'll never know

What an amazing way to break world pvp and duels (lol, i know, they already ruined those, but still applies)

Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    What an amazing way to break world pvp and duels (lol, i know, they already ruined those, but still applies)
    Let us remember that duels are the most serious of business.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    I wonder what hidden ability monks would get. Who am I kidding, no one plays monk so we'll never know
    Some Hidden Artifact Effects

We have a couple here. Windwalker gets a thunder stomp type effect when they fall a certain distance, one of their skills (I don't know the names) raises them just high enough to trigger this effect.

Demolocks, Spriests and Amages all have whispers from their artifact.

Disc Priest slowly builds up for massive damage on smite.

Arms warrior can fear trolls for 2 minutes (Includes bosses).

Unholy DK has a chance to instant kill weaker enemies.

Frost DK has an icy ground effect and I believe it also summons a spirit from frostmourne occasionally which can regen runes, runic power, hp, etc.

Blood DK gets a stacking buff whenever it kills something.

Survival Hunters summon an eagle on low life and eagle form as a ghost.

Note that none of these abilities are super strong or game breaking, they are just flavour.