Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    excellent tldr of around 99% of your posts on this website
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=list+burn+cente...tes+of+america

OT: Will be playing Fire on the prepatch. A bit concerned with best trinkets. Think it's worth investing in the Alchy trinket before shit gets uber expensive?

From the raid testing I've done so far (clearing all normal bosses that have been available for testing, some mythic testing), arcane has looked extremely weak. I'm fire spec on beta playing with another arcane mage with similar gear. I've been crushing him even in single target, once it gets to multi target its just ugly -_-. And this is without me having pyretic incantation, the best artifact talent. Maybe he just wasn't "getting" the new playstyle but he does quite well on live so I doubt it....its not like rotations on beta are all that complex. Just seems like arcane is totally broken at the moment. Haven't had experience raid testing with a frost mage tho, would be interested in seeing what they're capable of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Are you implying he is wrong in finding arcane better at single target? That should not be a surprise (though I think we have turned it into a surprise). The last statement of Watcher about it is that it will be the highest st spec.
    Where did watcher make that statement?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Where did watcher make that statement?
    In the recent official Q&A with Lore (the same series that is now first on the front page about halls) he said paraphrased "[..] yeah Arcane might be slightly better at single target but [..]" when he was asked about the balance between specs. He was trying to convey they want to balance it but still keep some differences, probably not big differences.

I don't know if it's a good idea to have a spec like Arcane without a big difference in results in at least some aspects because it's a kinda cumbersome spec to operate compared to others so when it doesn't offer something too different it might be rendered weakened just by that.

In the recent official Q&A with Lore (the same series that is now first on the front page about halls) he said paraphrased "[..] yeah Arcane might be slightly better at single target but [..]" when he was asked about the balance between specs. He was trying to convey they want to balance it but still keep some differences, probably not big differences.

I don't know if it's a good idea to have a spec like Arcane without a big difference in results in at least some aspects because it's a kinda cumbersome spec to operate compared to others so when it doesn't offer something too different it might be rendered weakened just by that.
    I think their goal is to have all specs do roughly the same amount of dps in all departments, leaving of course a spec's own identity but lowering the amount of difference there has always been and there is also on current live.

Arcane, for this reason, will pull ahead on pure ST when compared to Frost and Fire, but these 2 will be stronger when cleave/AoE is involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more I've read the more I've determined that Arcane maybe a little tetchy to play in the pre-patch but that it will be doable.

In my opinion, Arcane apparently gives you strong single target, strong burst, good mobility, greater invis, a cooldown on a low cd and slow. Arcane will also be good in pvp from what I have heard (and being good in pvp is a big thing for me).

Arcane will be poor (compared to fire and frost) in cleave situations.

Does that sound correct? I am still worried about committing to Arcane. I am hearing bad things about Frost pvpwise and that is putting me off that spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Does that sound correct? I am still worried about committing to Arcane.
    I believe the main nerf was that both of the trinkets that made it good were nerfed to the ground. But, tuning isn't done yet. I think they just nerfed the gems for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the main nerf was that both of the trinkets that made it good were nerfed to the ground. But, tuning isn't done yet. I think they just nerfed the gems for example.
    I actually think I am going to risk it, being an Arcane mage that is. What could go wrong, right?

Frost is mighty tempting though...but Greater invis and displacement look like so much fun. And for me, fun trumps everything else.

Edit: Scratch that, I'll just test both specs on live when the pre-patch launches and pick my poison then.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2016-07-08 at 07:15 PM.

Does that sound correct? I am still worried about committing to Arcane.
    It's just a feeling, but i think Arcane will be a GREAT spec. Committ to it and love it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually think I am going to risk it, being an Arcane mage that is. What could go wrong, right?

Frost is mighty tempting though...but Greater invis and displacement look like so much fun. And for me, fun trumps everything else.
    I'm with you.

The more I've read the more I've determined that Arcane maybe a little tetchy to play in the pre-patch but that it will be doable.

In my opinion, Arcane apparently gives you strong single target, strong burst, good mobility, greater invis, a cooldown on a low cd and slow. Arcane will also be good in pvp from what I have heard (and being good in pvp is a big thing for me).

Arcane will be poor (compared to fire and frost) in cleave situations.

Does that sound correct? I am still worried about committing to Arcane. I am hearing bad things about Frost pvpwise and that is putting me off that spec.

Yes it will be good in pvp. You will have one of the few casters that does not suffer as badly from the melee pest, due to perma snare on multiple targets when youre decent at switching between them, and very high mobility if you are clever about using displace and its cooldown reset on blink.

They recently nerfed the 4 orbs on demand talent quite heavily by raising its cooldown from 30 to 40s, but in the big picture arcane is still one if not the most mobile caster dps. With legion our slow spell will be aoe so the control against a melee paintrain is quite decent too when a couple folks decide to chase you. It is doable now aswell but it is alot more click heavy to get all the dudes slowed who are on your tail

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    (even though those god damn firey orbs are SOOOOOOOOOO annoying)
    Ok, am i the only one that finds Orbs VERY cool?

Deleted
    I have to say you do tend to forget about them after you play with them for a few times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    After playing on beta, Frost has just changed so much. It's sooooooo slow now and you feel like you are doing no damage. Fire seems like the go to(even though those god damn firey orbs are SOOOOOOOOOO annoying)
    It's probably like that so that Haste is much more meaningful for Frost. After all, with the removal of multistrike, Frost has to be based on Haste and Frostbolt is already pretty quick casting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    I think their goal is to have all specs do roughly the same amount of dps in all departments, leaving of course a spec's own identity but lowering the amount of difference there has always been and there is also on current live.

Arcane, for this reason, will pull ahead on pure ST when compared to Frost and Fire, but these 2 will be stronger when cleave/AoE is involved.
    It's just funny that right now AoE is the king by far with arcane explosion and mark of aluneth but ST it's poop compared to fire....

Fire's better on cleave for sure, but mass target aoe Arcane wrecks.

It's just funny that right now AoE is the king by far with arcane explosion and mark of aluneth but ST it's poop compared to fire....

Fire is still better aoe but okay

Considering the topic name contains PREPATCH, let's declare arcane not viable.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Fire is still better aoe but okay
    Nether Tempest is bugged by the way, and it does the 0 Arcane Charges damage with 4XArcane Charges.

Deleted
    What spec will we be leveling with in legion?

Frost, I also like Fire but Frost's control is and always has been very useful for solo content.