Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not all animals get tortured, dude. Some bad apples in the industry dont represent the whole industry. If I buy meat from my local trusted "meat producer" I dont support animals getting tortured at the other side of the planet .

And dont link pictures of said bad apples or links to greenpeace(terrorism)/peta explaining me how everything is evil. I know that they exist already .
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-07-10 at 01:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Being morally superior to another and exclaiming it, is what we call being a pretencious asshole.

I just find it hilarious that most people who are vegans use it as an excuse to pamp their own self-righteousness. It's like you have nothing else to bash people with.
    I got a laundry list of reasons to bash humanity, eating meat isn't one of them lol

- - - Updated - - -

Most relevant pollution is commited by very large scale industries, the sole person doing actions such as taking the buss instead, is symbolic, but not really impactful. Just as is Veganism.
    Oh I am just spouting shit off because he seems to think all places that give meat are torture chambers for animals, my grandfather ran a farm and not 1 animal was tortured to produce meat or milk, mock hyperbole to fight hyperbole lol
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    I got a laundry list of reasons to bash humanity, eating meat isn't one of them lol
    Well, at least you're not a raving preachin' vegan, then :P

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I am just spouting shit off because he seems to think all places that give meat are torture chambers for animals, my grandfather ran a farm and not 1 animal was tortured to produce meat or milk, mock hyperbole to fight hyperbole lol
    That's fair, hah :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Vegan should be classified as a type of mental retardation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    The flipside of what you're saying though, is that your personal flavor enjoyment is worth the torture and slaughter of animals. Which is fine for you, but then you can't one of the people that come back and get pissy if a vegan is morally superior to you.
    Have you ever spend a second thinking about what's going to happen to those animals if they stop being profitable?

You're not my moral superior. You're just deluding yourself. If humans were herbivores, we'd have exterminated most of those species for being competition millenia ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Vegan should be classified as a type of mental retardation.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Sure it does! Here's what you said again:

This seems like an explicit rejection of modernity. Someone living outside of civilization and being an "actual natural predator" is fine, but someone using modern hunting methods is bad. Why? They're not doing it "correctly", apparently. I'm sure that goalpost won't shift at all if hunters change their methods to satisfy animal rights extremists.
    Sigh, fine, here you go.

Modern hunting is done incorrectly. Let's take deer.

A human does not hunt the way an actual predator does. A predator takes the weakest from a herd, which strengthens the herd. A human takes the strongest. The human takes the alpha male from a given herd (the buck with the biggest rack), that weakens the herd. What does the alpha buck do for herd?

He keeps breeding in check and dictates where the herd goes for food. When he's killed, the other males start a period of indiscriminate breeding until one becomes the new alpha. Problem is, he wasn't best he's just the best of what's left. So now the herd is gonna grow because of the sub ordinate males going sex crazy for even 15 minutes which means the food needs have grown BUT also the new alpha may start taking the deer to easier food like people's garbage cans and gardens.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Actually that's not true.

There is nothing you get from meat that you can't get other places.

The problem with those studies is that they don't accurately reflect what a vegan diet is. If all you eat is just raw fruits and vegetables, then yes absolutely, but that's not what typical vegan eats.

All of the following is vegan:

this is not even a drop in the bucket.

Basically, vegans eat everything that other people eat, they just substitute to faux meat/dairy/animal products for the real thing. Many of these things are fortified.

Most meat that people eat are filled with antibiotics and is artificially fortified as well.
    Well, almost everything you just showed an image of is horribly unhealthy food so I don't really know what point you were trying to make. I was speaking from the angle of good health, where you honestly cannot be as healthy as an omnivore if you cut out

You're objectively wrong. Things like B12, Creatine, DHA and animal proteins(plant proteins are functionally different from animal proteins) are all either too difficult to realistically not end up deficient in or downright impossible to obtain through a purely vegan diet. Vegan diets are purely moral; there is no health justification for ever being a vegan. Humans are omnivores and our bodies are designed to eat meat as well as vegetables and fruit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any vegans in here want to join when me when I take my latest group of cows to the slaughter house? Free rib eye thrown in as a souvenir.

Having the animals tortured would be extremely stupid as it degrades the meat. Same goes for the slaughter, you want them to die quick and painlessly because having them panic lowers quality.

Goes some way to show the pretentiousness when he complains about people getting facts about vegans wrong, but he can't get his stuff right either.

Being morally superior to another and exclaiming it, is what we call being a pretencious asshole.

I just find it hilarious that most people who are vegans use it as an excuse to pamp their own self-righteousness. It's like you have nothing else to bash people with.
    Hear the argument.....

I make sacrifices in my life to do the least amount o harm possible. You and many others do not. That makes me morally superior. That is fact. You are not living by morals you are living by maximizing flavor in your food. That is not moral.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    Well, almost everything you just showed an image of is horribly unhealthy food so I don't really know what point you were trying to make. I was speaking from the angle of good health, where you honestly cannot be as healthy as an omnivore if you cut out

You're objectively wrong. Things like B12, Creatine, DHA and animal proteins(plant proteins are functionally different from animal proteins) are all either too difficult to realistically not end up deficient in or downright impossible to obtain through a purely vegan diet. Vegan diets are purely moral; there is no health justification for ever being a vegan. Humans are omnivores and our bodies are designed to eat meat as well as vegetables and fruit.
    Meat is no more or less healthy than any of that. Those things do not come from solely animal products, you're flat out wrong. They aren't found in a salad, but again, salads aren't the bulk of a vegan's diet.

Do you really want to get into a fight about what health problems are linked to meat and what aren't? Really?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Sigh, fine, here you go.

Modern hunting is done incorrectly. Let's take deer.

A human does not hunt the way an actual predator does. A predator takes the weakest from a herd, which strengthens the herd. A human takes the strongest. The human takes the alpha male from a given herd (the buck with the biggest rack), that weakens the herd. What does the alpha buck do for herd?

He keeps breeding in check and dictates where the herd goes for food. When he's killed, the other males start a period of indiscriminate breeding until one becomes the new alpha. Problem is, he wasn't best he's just the best of what's left. So now the herd is gonna grow because of the sub ordinate males going sex crazy for even 15 minutes which means the food needs have grown BUT also the new alpha may start taking the deer to easier food like people's garbage cans and gardens.
    Why do you figure it is that wildlife management organizations don't typically subscribe to the vegan narrative on how this works? I suppose they could all be in the pocket of Big Hunting or something.

I honestly had no idea that vegan conspiracies about hunting causing overpopulation were even a thing, but I guess it's good to know what the current crank rationalizations are, so thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Having the animals tortured would be extremely stupid as it degrades the meat. Same goes for the slaughter, you want them to die quick and painlessly because having them panic lowers quality.

Goes some way to show the pretentiousness when he complains about people getting facts about vegans wrong, but he can't get his stuff right either.
    You literally have no idea what you're talking about. Have you ever been to a factory farm? Ever been to mass slaughterhouse? No of course you haven't. I have though.

Hear the argument.....

I make sacrifices in my life to do the least amount o harm possible. You and many others do not. That makes me morally superior. That is fact. You are not living by morals you are living by maximizing flavor in your food. That is not moral.

- - - Updated - - -

Meat is no more or less healthy than any of that. Those things do not come from solely animal products, you're flat out wrong. They aren't found in a salad, but again, salads aren't the bulk of a vegan's diet.

Do you really want to get into a fight about what health problems are linked to meat and what aren't? Really?
    Morality is a subjective term my friend, remember that. What is just and right to you is not to others Step off the high horse already, some of us would like to "terrorize it for maximum flavour".

10+ Year Old Account
    Hear the argument.....

You are a judgmental fucktard who doesn't know what people do in their lives to prevent harm, you are as close to morally superior than I am as close to being president you over ego inflated dick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I don't want to /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Why do you figure it is that wildlife management organizations don't typically subscribe to the vegan narrative on how this works? I suppose they could all be in the pocket of Big Hunting or something.

I honestly had no idea that vegan conspiracies about hunting causing overpopulation were even a thing, but I guess it's good to know what the current crank rationalizations are, so thanks for that.
    Hahahahahahahahahaha.....yeah, there's no money in hunting at all.....jesus.

Stop saying shit that doesn't actually address what I said, and tell me how I'm wrong. Offer an actual counter point. For example, what the fuck do you think an alpha buck does exactly in his herd and what do you think predator animals do when they hunt. Go ahead, enlighten me.

You are a judgmental fucktard who doesn't know what people do in their lives to prevent harm, you are as close to morally superior than I am as close to being president you over ego inflated dick.
    Lol.

Don't bother with him. He was in another thread preaching on how every single slaughterhouse torture animals, then goes to assume things about my lifestyle, my father, etc.

Deleted
    why am i not a vegan, cos im poor and cant afford to be a vegan and i suck at cooking and i heard making vegan food is pretty tough

Quote Originally Posted by Valrin View Post
    Morality is a subjective term my friend, remember that. What is just and right to you is not to others Step off the high horse already, some of us would like to "terrorize it for maximum flavour".
    So are you saying it's okay for people in China to boil and skin dogs alive?