Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    That moment when you realize that you had Cloud saves disabled and formatted your drive. D=

I get to start all over...

Anyone play GD multiplayer & have problems casting spells when mouse is over another player? :|
    Can't find anything about it, but me & irl friend bought GD on steam sale last week and were playing through it last weekend...
    He's playing a melee, me range caster (warlock > arcanist/occultist), and turns out I can't cast *anything* at all except the occultist heal spell if the mouse is over him... which is extremely frustrating & annoying, even more so when I can't tell half the time where the heck he is (player health bars, pls?) :|

This is totally ruining my enjoyment of playing the game.. I tried the other targetting mode in options, and it made no difference.

Deleted
    Could be the games way of stopping you attacking other players by mistake.

Of course, you could turn on player killing for giggles & to test it >

Can't remember anything like that Coocoo but it makes sense to be fair to not to be able to cast an offensive spell with a friendly target. Perhaps just means some more practising to be able to recognise where your friend is and then if you notice you can't cast then move your mouse a bit.

I believe that classic targeting should keep your current (enemy target) until they die and then you need to click on another. Have you tried that?

So I liked torchlight 2, I tough helsing was OK (never bought the 2nd), and I loved Diablo 3 pre-ROS after some patches....ROS meh..hit and miss.

Is this a game for me, like I did not like PoE at all - is the game like it?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So I liked torchlight 2, I tough helsing was OK (never bought the 2nd), and I loved Diablo 3 pre-ROS after some patches....ROS meh..hit and miss.

Well I enjoyed it. For me I felt that the combat was pretty similar to Diablo 3 which is always a plus for me. I think the only issue I have is that the plot isn't super interesting and there is very little voice acting. Took me about 22 hours to complete the campaign though I didn't do every quest. Definitely worth checking out I think.

Out of those games, I'd say Grim Dawn is closest to the Van Helsing games in general "feel".
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Well I enjoyed it. For me I felt that the combat was pretty similar to Diablo 3 which is always a plus for me. I think the only issue I have is that the plot isn't super interesting and there is very little voice acting. Took me about 22 hours to complete the campaign though I didn't do every quest. Definitely worth checking out I think.
    oh that sounds fine. Might just consider it if it's only a not to lengthy game

Out of all of these style games overall Grim Dawn is actually my favourite so I would advise taking a look. I haven't played PoE though.

oh that sounds fine. Might just consider it if it's only a not to lengthy game
    Unlike D3, you'll have to replay on multiple difficulties to reach level cap, which means same quests and same maps to clear, since GD's maps are fixed. If that's a detractor, you may want to think about it before buying. I personally quite enjoy the game, just giving an FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Unlike D3, you'll have to replay on multiple difficulties to reach level cap, which means same quests and same maps to clear, since GD's maps are fixed. If that's a detractor, you may want to think about it before buying. I personally quite enjoy the game, just giving an FYI.
    Well grinding the same thing repeatedly to reach level cap happens in all these games including D3.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Well grinding the same thing repeatedly to reach level cap happens in all these games including D3.
    True, but D3 offers scalable difficulty and enemies which remain relevant to your level instead of content you outlevel, forcing you into higher difficulties. So if you prefer that style D3 is using over being pushed up into higher difficulties, it's a factor to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I see, much like torchlight 2 where you clear same maps...4-5 times? Pretty tired once you did it 1 time :P

I see, much like torchlight 2 where you clear same maps...4-5 times? Pretty tired once you did it 1 time :P
    There's three difficulty levels, so you'll have to clear it three times. And much like in D2, the higher difficulties reduce your resist bonuses, meaning you have to struggle to keep them up, or else get owned hard when Damage over Time effects get slapped on you. Now, if you really like the RNG hunt for gear, it definitely plays into that style, so keep that in mind as well.

Plus you have factions to do tasks for and craft recipes to hunt after, as well as the challenge dungeons where you get kicked out if you die before you're through, and which require making a special key to enter. So there's a lot to say in its favor. Personally, I don't feel $25-30 is a lot to pay for what you get out of it. Plus it is Offline play(the main selling point for someone like me who has a high latency connection and can't enjoy D3 or PoE because of it)with mod support and all such as that. Dunno if anyone's made anything particularly compelling for it yet.

Deleted
    A few mods are already available via NexusMods too

http://www.nexusmods.com/grimdawn/?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    A few mods are already available via NexusMods too

http://www.nexusmods.com/grimdawn/?
    I suffer from a problem of browsing nexus mods and "testing out" mods that are actually cheats, and ruining the game experience for myself. I only got GD in the recent sale, and don't want to ruin it for myself before I've completed it. If you have used mods in the game, can you tell me if there are any ones that improve the gameplay, without ruining the challenge?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I suffer from a problem of browsing nexus mods and "testing out" mods that are actually cheats, and ruining the game experience for myself. I only got GD in the recent sale, and don't want to ruin it for myself before I've completed it. If you have used mods in the game, can you tell me if there are any ones that improve the gameplay, without ruining the challenge?
    Unfortunately I've yet to complete the game in vanilla yet, got side tracked with another game too much, so haven't tried mods myself either.

Hooking this thread from the nothingness.

First DLC is out - it's calles Crucible and it's basically a wave/survival mode.

However i'm starting to get into modding. For anyone that wants a huge clump of longevity, go get the DAIL mod compilation (LINKY) as it's a compendium of the most used ones - especially new masteries. The cap is increased to 50 max and all placeholders are room for new ones, as a concurrent effort of making the game huge. Some of them are really well done.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Hooking this thread from the nothingness.

First DLC is out - it's calles Crucible and it's basically a wave/survival mode.

However i'm starting to get into modding. For anyone that wants a huge clump of longevity, go get the DAIL mod compilation (LINKY) as it's a compendium of the most used ones - especially new masteries. The cap is increased to 50 max and all placeholders are room for new ones, as a concurrent effort of making the game huge. Some of them are really well done.
    Does it work with the new DLC? I have it installed but haven't launch the games yet due to the DLC downloading yesterday.