Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    The land used to grow food for the cows can grow food for people.
    You're assuming all the food that goes to livestock is grown separately from human food. It's not. A great portion comes from leftovers (i.e. inedible for humans) from crops designed to feed people.

Secondly, as I've I already pointed out, a cow only produces less than 500lbs of meat after 2 years of eating 24 lbs a day. That's over 17,000 lbs of food to create less than 500lbs.
    You're moving goal-posts from 'how much one eats daily' to 'how much time it takes to 'grow' said food'. It doesn't work that way. Otherwise we'd have to factor in the time it takes to grow produce to harvest time, as well as re-work that 'humans eat 6 lbs of food daily', since that number includes protein food in it, and a human would have to each much more than just six lbs of food per day if it was eating only produce.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a 285 lb., vegan's nightmare. I eat 6 eggs for breakfast, minimum 4 turkey or chicken breasts for lunch and usually 2 steaks or some kind of fish for dinner. Throw in mid day snacks and how much cheese/milk I eat and calculate that shit I'd give a vegan a heart attack, maybe an aneurysm is us normal humans are lucky.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    You can have that as a vegan too! You may need to take vitamin supplements though.
    A diet so bad for you that you need industrially produced supplements to avoid dying from it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Because it's in human nature to eat meat. It has always been a necessity for our survival, just like animals eat meat. I'm not going to substitute that by some chemical unnatural shit. Now if you'd say humans eat too much meat, we should eat less, i completely agree with you.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    I'm a 285 lb., vegan's nightmare. I eat 6 eggs for breakfast, minimum 4 turkey or chicken breasts for lunch and usually 2 steaks or some kind of fish for dinner. Throw in mid day snacks and how much cheese/milk I eat and calculate that shit I'd give a vegan a heart attack, maybe an aneurysm is us normal humans are lucky.
    You'll be giving yourself a heart attack soon and will likely die, should you keep to that 'diet'. I would suggest some greens and fruits to lower your fat just a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahyl View Post
    You'll be giving yourself a heart attack soon and will likely die, should you keep to that 'diet'. I would suggest some greens and fruits to lower your fat just a bit.
    Lol I probably eat more corn, broccoli, collards, carrots and salad in a week than you do in a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    I dont care what you eat, but Im sorry what you say about whats in meat that you cant get from vegetables is absolutely incorrect.
    Where is the protein in vegetables?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    My diet is I guess largely a bit more Paleo? I eat cooked meat regularly, nuts, berry's and tubers as well as bits of raw organ from time to time. Fish is delicious especially.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    A guy lived to be 110 years old, smoked, drank, ate a dozen eggs and a pound of bacon for breakfast...........if someone like you came around and told him to stop he might have died sooner, the funny thing about health is we know shit about it what might be healthy for someone could kill someone else.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Because it's in human nature to eat meat. It has always been a necessity for our survival, just like animals eat meat. I'm not going to substitute that by some chemical unnatural shit. Now if you'd say humans eat too much meat, we should eat less, i completely agree with you.
    This. Vegans who honestly think that we are not meant to eat meat at all, frankly they are stupid and brainwashed.

Vegans who hate the fact that our meat industry has got to the point of mass farms and all that horrible shit... they kinda have a point.

Me? I'm *sort of* vegetarian. I don't particularly have anything against eating meat as long as I know it was farmed properly and treated right. But finding that sort of meat is such a chore I don't generally bother and stick to Vegetarian options instead. News flash, Quorn chicken in things like enchiladas or Fajita's (pretty much anything spicy) tastes better than actual chicken imo!

Lol I probably eat more corn, broccoli, collards, carrots and salad in a week than you do in a month.
    You would need to know my diet plan before you can make that assumption. Doing so anyways makes you look like an idiot. Try again

10+ Year Old Account
    because any vegan i ever met was fat, and i dont want to be fat.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would need to know my diet plan before you can make that assumption. Doing so anyways makes you look like an idiot. Try again
    Kind of like the OP saying everyone who eats meat supports the torture of animals huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Um.........they look more anorexic than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    A guy lived to be 110 years old, smoked, drank, ate a dozen eggs and a pound of bacon for breakfast...........if someone like you came around and told him to stop he might have died sooner, the funny thing about health is we know shit about it what might be healthy for someone could kill someone else.
    Like in all things, there are exceptions to the rule. There's an old lady or chap, I forgot the story, that lived to be in their 90s or more whilst smoking nearly the majority of her lifetime. I would concur your tale falls in that. However, the majority of the scientific findings prove that more that a lot of fat is bad for your heart and arteries.

Deleted
    vegans are annoying and unbearable. They ruin stuff with their isolation and are very condescending (looking at the passive agressive thread title I feel confirmed).

I try to stay away from vegans, because the vast majority of vengas I've met have no tolerance for other peoples preferences.

So basically I don't really care if someone is vegan or not, but chances are alarmingly exponentially higher if you are a vegan that you are a person who makes normal people roll their eyes and think "oh god why do I even hang out with this person"

But to be fair. I agree that most people eat way too much meat. Me included.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Kind of like the OP saying everyone who eats meat supports the torture of animals huh?
    Technically, you are, as am I. In the same sense that buying that from Wal-Mart means you're ok, willfully or unwillfully deny and/or ignore with their practices of denying their workers a decent living.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannzo View Post
    It has to do with them pumping your food full of hormones so that it grows faster. If i told you, you can wait and let the animal grow naturally or you can have it now and i can pump it full of chemicals and increase your chances of cancer, the answer should be pretty obvious.

There not being enough animals to keep the supply going should be a sign that we are doing things wrong. If meat was more expensive, people would look to other alternatives. There is something wrong with our society when a burger and fries costs less than a salad.

Im not vegan or vegetarian, but if you watch any documentaries in regards to the meat industry, its pretty gross.
    Good meat is expensive. Go to a local butcher and you will see how much good quality real meat costs. Last time I went to a butcher, four racks of ribs cost me $80 CAD. That is good high quality meat, from a local farm and not the massed produced shit that companies like Cargill are creating.

But I am wholly in support of getting rid of hormones from our meat and supporting local, naturally raised meats until the big meat makers get on the bandwagon.

As a natural meat eater I will continue to eat meat likely for the remainder of my life. That isn't to say I don't support better conditions for our meat sources, but no, I'll never be a "vegan".

I'd be happy to consume synthetic meat if it tasted no different, however.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2016-07-10 at 04:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically, you are, as am I. In the same sense that buying that from Wal-Mart means you're ok, willfully or unwillfully deny and/or ignore with their practices of denying their workers a decent living.
    And those..........such as myself...........who buy their meats from a local butcher knowing the farms with which they came from or the ones who go out hunting for their food? Not all meat eaters get their food from major companies and even if they do it doesn't mean they are all for torturing animals, the OP is just a judgmental asshole who looks down on people because they don't share his beliefs like I said he is no better than the bible thumpers who say you are going to hell because you don't believe in THEIR god or go to THEIR church.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Yeah... the reality-defying logic of some of these people is insane. 80+% of my co-workers are overweight/obese with a large number of vegetarians/vegans among them, and I've been criticized by said whales that "I'll get fat" if I eat red meat, while they're chowing down on a 1000+ calories of sugary breads or eating fucking donuts. Hell, even those who aren't overweight/obese and are vegetarian/vegan have health problems like high blood pressure because they don't eat a balanced diet.

I'm not saying that meat is absolutely mandatory to have a healthy athletic physique, but Americans are generally lazy, looking for short-cuts, etc, so it isn't surprising that people try to find one answer to latch onto and say "This one change will fix my problem".