Page 16 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RayenDark View Post
    Given it doesn't increase our auto attack range um no. Resto or Bear is far more useful. Balance is a gimmick at best.
    Pretty dramatic change of opinion from early beta, is that because it doesn't work on auto attacks?

Are you saying Feral has to take Resto or Guardian affinity to have the same survivability as other classes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Given it doesn't increase our auto attack range um no. Resto or Bear is far more useful. Balance is a gimmick at best.
    It does work on auto-attacks, actually. It's worked on them for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    It does work on auto-attacks, actually. It's worked on them for months.
    Didn't seem to be when I was playing beta yesterday.

Even then it's not a useful enough utility to be meaningful when compared to Bear's Flat 10% reduced damage or Resto's healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't seem to be when I was playing beta yesterday.

Even then it's not a useful enough utility to be meaningful when compared to Bear's Flat 10% reduced damage or Resto's healing.
    It may have broken in the last build, I dunno. It was still working as of last week.

As for the rest, that completely depends on the situation. Almost no other DPS specs have a flat damage reduction like Guardian Affinity's, so encounters can't be tuned around them, so you'd only need Guardian Affinity if your healers are really struggling. Resto Affinity is laughable outside of soloing/PvP. Doubling melee range is actually very useful, although it's still situational--after all, if you're just sitting on a single target that doesn't move, extra range does absolutely nothing. But anytime you have to move around or switch targets a lot the extra range is very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    It may have broken in the last build, I dunno. It was still working as of last week.
    Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if it broke. Beta is Beta.

I'll always opt for making my healer's job easier if I can. Being able to emergency taunt and hold the boss w/ bear is also a huge plus while the res goes out.

So whats the current consensus on feral?

Yay or Nay?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaktard View Post
    So whats the current consensus on feral?

Yay or Nay?
    It sounds like they are in a tight spot, but at least their hair (forms) looks dapper!

From reading this thread, the impression I get is that Feral is decent in everything except sustained AoE, and there are many specs that just do everything better. I think Feral was on the tail end of major bug fixing passes, so maybe they are on the tail end of the tuning list as well. After all, rogues got a AoE buff in the last month, so here is to hoping Ferals get a buff too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, wow, the affinity discussion again. Guardian is the most sensible 'default/fall-back' choice. Balance is only useful on specific fights, such as fights where the extra range enables you to avoid critical mechanics and yet retain the ability to attack the boss. For all other fights, 10% damage reduction can mean the difference between dying or surviving on low HP and being healed back up. Call it an insurance policy against getting hit by something painful by mistake.

Bit off topic but the new Worgen cat (baseline) model looks way worse than the old one. Its less rugged and feral. It looks almost a bit dopey and pitiful, far less fearsome!

I don't like where feral is currently at. I'll be maining rogue instead, but I'm still keeping an eye on kitties to see where they end up. If they remain compelling enough, I may still play the spec. Otherwise, the druid will be on bear/resto duty 100% of the time. As it stands the rogue specs all seem to have more surv, more damage, more utility. Whether or not the I'll find any of the rogue rotations more compelling remains to be seen though.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if it broke. Beta is Beta.

I'll always opt for making my healer's job easier if I can. Being able to emergency taunt and hold the boss w/ bear is also a huge plus while the res goes out.
    Extra range can also make their job easier by allowing you to stay outside of danger zones that other melee can't avoid. It also increases your AoE radius, although how much use that is for a Feral is debatable.

im begginer for wow ,what druid good for pve ?

Quote Originally Posted by flinttall View Post
    im begginer for wow ,what druid good for pve ?
    Depends what you mean by PvE. All Druid specs are probably going to be good at soloing for example, while Feral is looking like the spec least sought after as far as raiding goes as it currently stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Oh, wow, the affinity discussion again. Guardian is the most sensible 'default/fall-back' choice. Balance is only useful on specific fights, such as fights where the extra range enables you to avoid critical mechanics and yet retain the ability to attack the boss when all other melee can't.
    Fixed it for you to make the point stick out even more

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Extra range can also make their job easier by allowing you to stay outside of danger zones that other melee can't avoid. It also increases your AoE radius, although how much use that is for a Feral is debatable.
    And there aren't really any fights in Emerald Nightmare where that is an issue. An extra 5 yards is really laughable.

Deleted
    >Came here to see how feral was doing.
    >People cry over the damage.
    >Remember everyone cries on all of theese threads
    >didnt get any out of this

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffelz View Post
    >Came here to see how feral was doing.
    >People cry over the damage.
    >Remember everyone cries on all of theese threads
    >didnt get any out of this
    Basically. Fury Warriors are complaining about their nerfs, Subtlety Rogues are complaining about how clunky the spec is, Assassination is complaining about how bleeds do more damage than poisons, Outlaw complains about damage across the board, and I'm just over here saying "Screw it, I guess I'm gonna play what I want because everything apparently sucks in its own way."

The only people who seem mostly happy based on what I've been following are Enhance Shamans, and I'm betting a ton of people are going to play that as a result.

And there aren't really any fights in Emerald Nightmare where that is an issue. An extra 5 yards is really laughable.
    This is of course personal opinion on your part. As is the stated usefulness of any of these affinities for DPS specs.

Just off the top of my head, 5 yards more on melee range is good for:

1. Nythendra Intermission Phase
    2. Il'gynoth Heart Phase
    3. Ursoc (staying out of charge range when it isn't your turn
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellof View Post
    Basically. Fury Warriors are complaining about their nerfs, Subtlety Rogues are complaining about how clunky the spec is, Assassination is complaining about how bleeds do more damage than poisons, Outlaw complains about damage across the board, and I'm just over here saying "Screw it, I guess I'm gonna play what I want because everything apparently sucks in its own way."

The only people who seem mostly happy based on what I've been following are Enhance Shamans, and I'm betting a ton of people are going to play that as a result.
    Arms are mad they dont do as much damage without their artifact as fury. DK's are mad over their movement (still).
    What ive seen are Enhnace Shamans mad at their ADM?

I have the same mentality. I know im good enough to get a raid spot in my guild even if the class is lacking AoE

Deleted
    one big issue for me besides gameplay and stuff is also that it seems that scaling is reeeeally bad. And I can not deal with way too late ability buffs which "fix" that problem.

Deleted
    Is Incarnation competetive or are we forced in to that god forsaken SR?

Quote Originally Posted by Riffelz View Post
    Is Incarnation competetive or are we forced in to that god forsaken SR?
    SR. /10char