Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unir View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean about "capped" for the order hall resources, AP, and mana farming (though there is a built in cap for how much mana you can hold). I don't find them unrewarding at all. WoW has always been a grind-fest and farming kind of game, from the very beginning - and if grinding/farming is not your thing, you will not enjoy gathering those resources no matter what.

As far as grinding and farming go, though, the content you do to get these resources make them a fairly enjoyable use of time. It's certainly a hell of a lot more enjoyable than clicking the mission table and being done, logging on to gather your free insta-fill resources, walking out the front door of your garrison main hut and picking flowers in your own garden, or mining your own mine.

World quests are not all the quests you do while leveling. Kirin Tor is a great example. Some of them are, though, but their demand is significantly reduced when you do them as world quests - so they are much quicker than, for instance, the stupid blue bar quests in Tanaan (vomit), so you can do them fairly quickly and move on.

It really seems to me you may just be sour about the flying issue. You appear to rail on that a lot. Is it possible it's clouding your view of the expansion? I can readily admit I am having to work hard to keep the max camera distance change from casting a shadow of yuck over the whole thing for me.

This is probably accurate imo. Also, if they support Legion with content they way the say they will, the gap between Legion and WotLK will be much smaller as a result - which is a very good thing.
    OH resources and AP are capped via the respawn of WQ being limited. You can continue to grind AP via random heroics but that's about it. resources? pretty much only WQs.

Yes there are a few quests that are not part of the leveling process.. but MOST of them are. Although to be fair.. since you can level to 110 in like 12 hours... it's not like you've done them to death...

Actually... the OH mission table is going to be more necessary than you think.. not as bad.. but you will be sorry if you don;t level it and gear out the followers because you can get the equivalent of 2-4 WQ worth of AP form them each day.

I am sour about flight... but I made it clear... just like WoD, I will leave for a year and come back when it is enabled. Not sure why they feel that is a good thing for the game, because I can guarantee you I won;t be the only one who gets tired of spending more time traveling between WQ's than actually doing them. FLying in gam,e within 2 months will keep me i it...

It's just a fact.. I enjoy flying and the games pacing when I have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    From what I have seen on the beta, there is hardly any content at max lvl. Your dailies are forced pet battles and fishing quests. There will be weekly quests to keep you subscribing, and the PvP might keep some people.
    lol no content...you said
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Legion is and will be 10x better than anything WoD could have dreamed of being. Some mention class balance... Is there ever really any class balance in an mmo? Fuck no. If you've played MMO's long enough, you should know that. Some classes will ALWAYS be better than others in some departments. Doesn't mean they've done a shit job. Class balance is definitely coming along better than anything WoD's Alpha and Beta had at the same time. After taking part in Alpha and beta from 4 different expansions, I can honestly say that this is the best job they have done in a long time and I think it may be because they've done a shit job getting progressively worse over the last 4. It almost seems as if they're finally bearing down and making it legit again.

As for our client on the beta, we are not playing the up to date client yet. There's a "dev client" and the PTR client which are 2 entirely different clients and the dev client being the most recent. From what I have "heard" it's in a better state than the PTR client with new/different things that we don't yet have on the PTR and that is saying something since the PTR client is already pretty damn good in comparison to the last 4 expansion Alpha/Betas I have tested. From a graphic standpoint, Legion is much improved on the graphics, details, size of the zones(which at first site, thought they were small on map but the map doesn't do the actual size justice) gameplay wise, its also very much improved, animations, spell graphics, etc. Dungeons are aesthetically more pleasing, challenging, and FUN. Overall, it plays as if it's a very much new and improved WoW which is great. I log on to live and go bleh, I log onto PTR and have fun. It's a big difference and for the better. Legion can't get here quick enough.

If people complain about content with this expansion than they have no idea what the hell they're talking about. At launch this expansion will have more dungeons than most expansions have had up until the very end of it, it will have mythic dungeons and than it will have the ever changing, ever progressing mythic+ dungeons as well as many world bosses, a couple raids, Suramar which is gigantic, all the zones at max lvl since they all scale. It will have more content than what people know what to do with.
    Last edited by Extremities; 2016-07-10 at 05:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you listen to forums specs have been destroyed in every single expansion so far.
    10700K, 32GB 3200Mhz, RTX 3080 Ti

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Ehm..... what?

Not sure if you've touched WoW lately, but WoD is atm swarming with new players, and servers are getting more populated by the day, sure this is just from what I've seen and not actual statistics but still, there is less than 15 mins of wait time at any level be it for dungeons or pvp, that is a very very healthy game :P
    Just an observation:

WoD had initial boosts in population, as well. It lasted about three months, then plummeted.

The initial boosts are in hype. We'll see three months in how populated the realms are. (Note: In case anyone misunderstands my post, I believe that Legion has more staying power than WoD, I'm just saying that until we see how Legion does in living up to expectations, we shouldn't take the initial hype at face value.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    OH resources and AP are capped via the respawn of WQ being limited. You can continue to grind AP via random heroics but that's about it. resources? pretty much only WQs.
    It's my understanding (from the "a day in the life of WQ" thread) that there's up to 60 WQ on the map at any time. And you can probably accomplish only about a half-dozen per hour (give or take).

What's the respawn rate for WQ?

I just got my beta invite a few days ago (just after spending $100 on Steam summer sale no less) and have only had time to go through the intro, the class artifact weapon quest, and a few hours in my first questing zone. First impressions:

1. There's shaping up to be a lot of content. Getting my Kingslayer daggers was an entire scripted, voice acted scenario, and that was one of three options for one class. Every class is going to have several of these. Then there's the class order halls themselves. Doing some back of the envelope Ghostcrawler math, I'm pretty sure the class quests and order halls are the equivalent of close to two raid tiers. (They still have a lot of work to do though, bugs and typos abound.)

2. The intro scenario itself was epic as all hell. They really delivered! Take the intro solo scenario in WoD, which was some of Blizz's best storytelling work up to that time, crank the epic up three notches, turn it into a 10 player scenario, then add 10 more players of the other faction later on, and overall make it shorter and sweeter.

3. It did however take a little too long to get to the new zones in my opinion, between intro scenario, order hall intro, artifact quest. I was chomping at the bit. Haven't got to play much in the new zones yet (world server down) but the first glimpse has shown the quality to be outstanding. Far more voice acting than I'm used to.

4. My Assassination rogue is kind of bummed about losing Dispatch, both as the reactive ability and as the execute. Garrote turned into just another DoT - there was more potential here. Replacing Replenishment with a 30-sec health pot usable in stealth is a good move. I'm really impressed with the new talents. Overall I'm so-so on the fate of Assassination rogues but somewhat more positive than negative.

EDIT: One thing I will say about my Assassination rogue is that I was extremely relieved that despite the massive changes I was able to go through the spellbook on a trial (premade 100) character and have all my hotkeys assigned and knew what I was doing within 5-10 minutes, unlike previous expansions where it has sometimes been a struggle and a headache to figure out what was all changed and how I was supposed to play. Also I have 100% of my abilities assigned to exactly two action bars, that is 20 hotkeys, down from 30 or so on live, which makes life easier. In the longrun I think it is a worthwhile tradeoff.
    Last edited by hablix; 2016-07-10 at 06:52 PM.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

No way. Trust me, just no. Fucking. Way (i'm in the beta, yes).

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    I can't wait to see how long it'll be after Legion before the "WoD was great" type threads show up. Even during TBC tons of people were whining how it ruined WoW, now it's regarded as the best expansion by a large portion of people. I'm sure Legion will also be hailed as the worst thing ever, because ya know, Blizz.
    There's a difference between that and this though. A lot of people stayed subbed in TBC even after complaining about it because there was shit to do, stuff to grind, and leveling back then was still a challenge (not saying that's the reason for anything but it took a long time to level).

In WoD, there's nothing other than raiding. I enjoyed every expansion I played (yes, even cata) except for WoD. Compare it to any of the past expansions and the outdoor content is non existent or is a bad version of other expansions outdoor content. Hence the 5 million sub drop compared to the 1-2m subs TBC lost.

In legion, there's plenty to do BUT none of us can say how it'll be 4+ months into the expac. It's looking good, but that's what everyone said about WoD until the 2 month mark. So far, legion looks way better in terms of long lasting content that keeps us busy, but nobody will know how it'll truly be 4 months into the expac which is when the real judgement starts.

Quote Originally Posted by LexiSwe View Post
    According to the beta testers they pretty much did a WoD meaning that they didnt listen to the community feedback on the beta forums, the tuning for the classes is waaaay of the charts and basically destroyed them. Meaning that you play WoW to have fun with your class and spec as the main posture and if it dosen't feel right, it can make the game feel worse. So there lies my question in the topic.

While I realize Legion will have more content than WoD did, why does Blizzard keep reinventing the wheel?
    Legion has a few issues like not being abale to respec as often as you need and some wierd choices when it comes to specs but so far it's way better than WoD.

Let's all remember that the people on the forums are a small minority, and that the people who have good things to say about the game rarely go to the forums to tell everyone about it.

On the other hand, you all could keep complaining about silly shit. In fact, I'm not going to keep anyone from complaining about anything, so carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    do you know how many talents were there for a class ? around 90. I could build whatever builds I wanted. Hybrid builds. Some Crazy combinations. . you could micro manage each talent. chose exactly how much you wanted to what. you could experiment with them. I actually felt like a mage back then. now we hardly have 15 spells all over (including the talents).

point I am trying to make is "there were lots of choice". on hind sight it may look like illusion when you compare it with then new system.

There weren't choices. Yeah, you could put points into a shitty talent but that didn't make it a real choice aside from the choice to do objectively less damage. It wasn't a matter of real customization, it was putting points into shitty useless talents over good ones. Also, you had to put points into garbage talents like wand spec to get to good stuff. Now, you can choose between options that actually make a difference to the way you play your character.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Having played the beta, I think the biggest gripe people will have with Legion, by far, is the class design, and gutting of virtually every spec in the game. A lot of specs are just very, very boring to play. Sadly, the way it sounds is they're taking feedback during this beta for the next expansion, and are unwilling yet again to make any sweeping changes or adjustments until after Legion. They're basically set in their design for Legion and are in a tuning phase right now. Even with the (imo) failure of class design, this expansion is still vastly superior to WoD from a content point of view if you can get passed the awful choices they made with class design.
    Last edited by merex760; 2016-07-10 at 07:55 PM.

Deleted
    so many complainers.

offer constructive criticism instead of it sucks or classes been destroyed man!

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    so many complainers.

offer constructive criticism instead of it sucks or classes been destroyed man!
    That's the problem. There has been a wide range of very constructive criticism with very little change as a response. Blizzard can say they're listening and are taking note in every feedback post they want. The lack of changes says it all.

Deleted
    Yes. Nothing can beat WoD for me, that is why I´ve been unsubscribed since February 2015

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post

It's my understanding (from the "a day in the life of WQ" thread) that there's up to 60 WQ on the map at any time. And you can probably accomplish only about a half-dozen per hour (give or take).

What's the respawn rate for WQ?
    I have never seen 60 on the map ever. 5 zones with 6-7 on them if you have been away a while about 30-35 total... but if you are playing a little every day... that's more like 4-5 on the maps or 20-25... you can do 6-10 in an hour. It's unknown for sure the spawn times... but at least 6 hours before a few spawn... 24 hours before the majority respawn.

it would be a fucking performance if they manage to do worst than the shit we are currently swimming in.

Simple answer: yes it will be.

Tbh no one can tell if its going to be a WoD or not. NOT even us beta testers... All we can do is wait and see how it goes. But tbh im pretty sure they wont do the same mistake :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the success or lack of it for an expansion depends on patches. Therefore, it's impossible to know whether or not Legion will be better or worse than Warlords. It's a pointless question. Anyone with some common sense would know this is a question for the end of Legion; not before it even starts.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."