7+ Year Old Account

easier way to camp aeonaxx?

Seems there was a change to NPCscanner where some rare elites will not sound the alarm unless you mouse over it. Ive looked at wowhead and the newest comments talk about a macro that must be spammed.

Problem is however i can never seem to pickup the blood seeker bat with this macro. Its been a few days now. Before when i tried hunting with npc scanner, it went off i saw the bat and that was it for the next 6 hours no more spawn. Now, im not sure where or when the bat was even spawned because i have no way of knowing if/when it spawned

7+ Year Old Account
    Without the old NPCscan auto-detecting, it makes Aeonaxx pretty inconvenient to camp. I did it post-NPCscan nerf, it wasn't too bad tbh. Needed a macro, I'd fly around and do a lap every 5 mins or so while spamming the macro. Had view distance to maximum too. That's all you can really do nowadays. Keep an eye out of who's in the zone, do /who every once in a while to get familiar with the names. I stuck myself in one spot which had a view on at least 2 spawn points so I had a better look out but if there's a few campers then it's best to plant yourself over a spawn point.

In terms of Blood Seeker, it's almost impossible to find it now. It only spawns for a few seconds and then immediately despawns. Without autodetecting NPCscan there's pretty much no way of ever knowing when it spawns. Unless you're sitting in the place where it spawns and it spawns over your mouse over then you'll pretty much never know if it's been up or not due to how quickly it comes and goes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its also bad enough that oceanic only has access to 2 phases in the older zones... US realms probably have heaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Its also bad enough that oceanic only has access to 2 phases in the older zones... US realms probably have heaps.
    If you play on Oceanic that doesnt matter.
    Mounts are cross server.
    Level character on American Servers
    Camp in American Offtimes using serverHopper also.

If you have the money boost a toon on a low-pop region like Brazil realms. Their off-peak time is like, 12-8pm Aussie time. Thats how I managed to get mine. If you are the person I'm thinking of that has toons on Barthilas I am also on Barthilas and camping PvP cross-realm Deepholm is near impossible :/
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

7+ Year Old Account
    Just an update - bagged aeonaxx

Can go into detail if anyone wants

details please!

Please do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Caught @ 2.40PM AEST 07/07/2016 on my frostmourne toon (oceanic only have 2 phases for deepholm anyway) about 6 days of camping 7-12 hours a day.

At the time i was the only lvl 100 alliance there according to /who. My biggest fear throughout this whole thing was the not the time i was going to spend camping aeonaxx, but that if/when he spawns i would not get to him in time before someone else. I was extremely lucky because 5 minutes before his spawn a quick /who check i did came up with 5 lvl 100s in the area. Not sure how many horde cause i cant tell from alliance side. But after i killed him and looted i did not see anyone come to me or be around at the time i tagged him. Probably because its off-peak hour (2.40PM) and weekday there wasn't much competition (hardcore campers) to get it before me.

I was hovering near the stonecore entrance with a video playing and tabbing in and out every 10 seconds to spam my macro and well it spawned on the northwest point at a relatively high altitude, took me a good ~20 seconds to get to him at which point my heart pounding and thinking "fuckfuckfuckfuck someone else gonna get it". To my relief literally no one else there.

But yeah without knowing blood seeker spawns you will have to camp there blindly if you want to do it hardcore, or just pop in and out occasionally. Am glad i got TLPD when npc scan was working.

Last few times I have seen it, it was a grey mob at 100% life. So somebody fought it died and it bugged. It flew around all day pseudo tagged like that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Grats!

I work from home most of the time, so my plan for camping Aeonaxx was going to be just AFKing and spamming the macro whenever I could (I have a character on a CRZ-free realm, so rarely had to worry about other people). In the end it only took me half an hour, but I was prepared for it to take weeks of just sitting there whenever I was at home and able to get online. Might as well pretend the bloodseekers don't exist; as you say, there's no reliable way to track them now.

10+ Year Old Account
    What macro did you use?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems there was a change to NPCscanner where some rare elites will not sound the alarm unless you mouse over it. Ive looked at wowhead and the newest comments talk about a macro that must be spammed.

Problem is however i can never seem to pickup the blood seeker bat with this macro. Its been a few days now. Before when i tried hunting with npc scanner, it went off i saw the bat and that was it for the next 6 hours no more spawn. Now, im not sure where or when the bat was even spawned because i have no way of knowing if/when it spawned
    Both NPCScan and SilverDragon are no longer able to auto-detect pre-MoP rare mobs due to changes implemented by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    What macro did you use?
    NPCScan now includes a keybind you can set that will try to /exacttarget tracked mobs. This macro will dynamically update based on the zone you are in and which mobs are being tracked.

SilverDragon can create a macro to target any rares that are known in the current zone. The macro can be placed on your actionbars as a button to spam while hunting rares.

I've never used NPCScan but I have been using SilverDragon for many years and can confirm that it's macro works great for finding rares in pre-MoP content.
    Playing WoW since July 2005!
    MMO's I'm playing/played: WoW; SWTOR; FFXIV; ESO; GW; GW2; LotRO; STO; Neverwinter; DDO; Riders of Icarus; Rift; Rift Prime; AoC; Aion; Tera; EQ; EQ2; SWG; Vanguard; Matrix Online; PWI; Fallen Earth; Lineage 2; ArchLord; RF Online

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    What macro did you use?
    /target Aeonaxx
    /target Blood
    /focus
    /run if UnitName("Target") == "Aeonaxx" then PlaySoundKitID(9378); print(date(), UnitName("Target"), "Found"); SetRaidTarget("target",8); end
    This tries to also target blood seeker (should you be in range) but i have never been able to get it to target blood seeker myself anyway. It will also play a sound and put a marker on the name aeonaxx. Now i say that because there are sometimes trolls that come around with their hunter pet named aeonaxx and the macro will pick that up too.