Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroclysm View Post
    Actually there is a female Captain America, from the future, who is now in our time because reasons.
    Also, a Spider-Man from the future, who is now in our time because reasons...but nobody seems to be too upset by that.
    As well as a Spider-Man from an alternate universe in the main universe now.
    And an older version of Wolverine from another alternate universe.

It's amazing how much more acceptable it is when it's a male character instead of a female one.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2016-07-10 at 07:30 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    Im sorry to say this but in light of what has happend recently to too many popular heroes, this seems like another one of those attempts to insert politics into comics. Which, I guess, has a long standing tradition. A great tradition even. In the past this has provided us with some very intriguing and insightful stories. I would argue not to dismiss this attempt on the grounds of there being a political agenda.

But sadly most of the recent attempts to insert a particular kind of politics into comics have gone so much hand in hand with writing that detracted from the enjoyment i find in these characters, their hero idenities and the stories themselves. Somehow I have come to associate a certain type of political agenda and perspective with bad writing.

In the light of these things I think is most likely going to be another one of these failures. Not because the change is too much, not even because the new identity breaks with so many things that defined my personal image of the hero in the past, but because the new artists and writers handle their power to use a charcter to influence and speak to her/his audience very poorly and with the nuance and subtility of a double chainsaw with chrome exhaustpipes.

But maybe, just maybe, this isnt one of those? Maybe it is actually good. I mean it COULD be, why not at least hope for it? After all we are dreamers.
    another failure? miles was a huge success and so is the new ms marvel both were said to just be sjw pandering and both are doing great.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    "If you want to have more diverse characters, make new ones!"
    "No, this new character you've just made is unacceptable!"

lol, priceless.
    "But you don't understand. Just because she's a new person...that doesn't make her a new character."

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    A: How do you know? She's not been in the comics yet...
    She was in the last Iron Man comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    She was in the last Iron Man comic.
    And how many people commenting here do you think have actually read that comic?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    And how many people commenting here do you think have actually read that comic?
    Irrelevant to the point being made that she's not been in the comics yet.

Not if the point being made is in regards to her personality. People who haven't read anything with her in it are already commenting on her personality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Yet, Rhodey was already established as a war hero and a Stark personal employee than helped his boss fighting several battles before Tony gave him the armor.
    The comment was about her not being her own hero, like James Rhodes was, but before James Rhodes was his own hero...he was Iron Man.

Following that logic she still very much could be her own hero somewhere down the road.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought she wasn't being introduced till Marvel Now, huh.

How was her grand intro?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I thought she wasn't being introduced till Marvel Now, huh.

How was her grand intro?
    From what I remember she just stopped a van/truck of criminals in her Iron man suit. It started to fall apart while she was doing it and then she was surprised when the police wanted to bring her in too.

She hasn't met Tony yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    "If you want to have more diverse characters, make new ones!"
    "No, this new character you've just made is unacceptable!"

lol, priceless.
    Did I even once talked about "diversity"? I'm simply defending that all character transitions into main roles should be organic, not out of the blue.

- - - Updated - - -

The comment was about her not being her own hero, like James Rhodes was, but before James Rhodes was his own hero...he was Iron Man.

Following that logic she still very much could be her own hero somewhere down the road.
    No, Rhodey already had a role in the comics before he became Iron Man. It was organic.

Not, "hey! you built a suit and stopped bad guys? You are the new Iron Man!". Heck, it would work better if they picked up someone from the Young Avengers, the Runaways or some other kid that was thrown in the dumpster because he/she was no longer "hip". Amadeus Cho and X23 worked just fine.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-07-10 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I remember she just stopped a van/truck of criminals in her Iron man suit. It started to fall apart while she was doing it and then she was surprised when the police wanted to bring her in too.

She hasn't met Tony yet.
    Haha sounds pretty funny. Guess she's not quite at the being arrogant stage yet.

Did she at least catch the criminals?

No, Rhodey already had a role in the comics before he became Iron Man. It was organic.
    That's exactly what they're doing with Riri. She's not going to become Ironman till Marvel Now! At the moment she is just a girl with a suit, they're going to have her train with Tony and slowly introduce her character over the next 4(?) months, THEN once Civil War II finishes and Marvel Now! Kicks off, she'll be Invincible Ironman.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2016-07-10 at 08:16 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Did I even once talked about "diversity"? I'm simply defending that all character transitions into main roles should be organic, not out of the blue.

- - - Updated - - -

Not, "hey! you built a suit and stopped bad guys? You are the new Iron Man!". Heck, it would work better if they picked up someone from the Young Avengers, the Runaways or some other kid that was thrown in the dumpster because he/she was no longer "hip".
    None of that changes that it took well over a decade for James Rhodes to become "his own hero"...which is the point you keep dancing around.

Deleted
    None of that changes that it took well over a decade for James Rhodes to become "his own hero"...which is the point you keep dancing around.
    ... which has nothing to do with the point repeated since my first post.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-07-10 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post

The difference (again) is he was Warmachine before....
    He was Iron Man first. Before, he was just Tony's friend. And then, when Tony rehabbed out of his alcoholism, he made the War Machine suit for Rhodes.

IE, the exact same story as this new character.

... which has nothing to do with the point repeated since my first post.
    But has everything to do with the post that you responded to.

Not even close to the point. Rhodey was already a Marvel character before he even donned the armor.
    You know who wasn't a Marvel character before he donned the armor?

Tony Stark :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    You know who wasn't a Marvel character before he donned the armor?

Tony Stark :P
    He just appeared in the armor? They didn't start out with an origin story?

Im not really an iron man fan. If I was I wouldn't care if iron man was a black or white man or woman. I would only care if they wrote her story well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Im not really an iron man fan. If I was I wouldn't care if iron man was a black or white man or woman. I would only care if they wrote her story well.
    Get out of here with your rational arguments!

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    It probably depends on why you became a fan. Did you become a fan for this particular super power gimmick or for the actual character?

If you want to go for a black superman that would probably still work, as the character of farm boy that goes to the big city is one that works with either skin color, heck, even gender for that matter (though it would make the adopting more obvious unless you change the Kents too). But that is under the assumption you reboot the whole character. If you just replace farm boy with some other guy then it's no longer really the same character, same for the new Iron Man. It's no longer the character of the billionaire playboy tech genius, it's tech genius girl from MIT with what ever backstory they gave her.

I would cut them lots of slack though if they turn her into a play.. girl? Well, you will cry mordio if I follow that thought further .