Page 60 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? Vegan bodybuilding is very definitely a thing. Just do a google search.
    Maybe with copious of protein powder, expensive vitamins/supplements, and probably a bit of T thrown in there for good measure... and they probably still don't do as well as they could. I'm very skeptical that someone could go vegan and see reasonable gains, and even so, it's probably expensive as hell.

It's not all that practical IMO. I mean, if you want to dirty bulk, you can't even eat pizza as a vegan? What the shit is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Sigh... are you not aware of independent research? Where do you get his style of thinking from?
    "Independent research"? And you're saying that those that do 'independent research' have no agenda of their own? Regardless, he is labeling all studies that favor meat as 'sponsored by the meat industry' without one shred of evidence, simply because it suits his narrative.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    "Independent research"? And you're saying that those that do 'independent research' have no agenda of their own? Regardless, he is labeling all studies that favor meat as 'sponsored by the meat industry' without one shred of evidence, simply because it suits his narrative.
    Apparently only Vegans can give trustworthy information, which is funny how cult like that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Putting aside all other issues with these claims, comparing cattle feed grains and beef on a one-to-one weight basis for nutritional content is pretty fucking stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    What's pretty fucking stupid is your knowledge of the subject.

What exactly do you think cattle grains are?
    This might be the best, "no YOU!" that I've ever seen. Do you actually believe that grain and beef are nutritionally equivalent? That it's reasonable to suggest that one could simply substitute a pound of grain for a pound of beef in a human diet with no discernible nutritional difference?

This is why everyone makes fun of vegans.

I guess you really are unaware of what independent research is...

It would be like when the Smoking industry did studies showing that smoking lowers your chances of getting lung cancer. How can you not understand this? Also, the studies made by the Meat, Egg and Dairy industry are thrown out and when questioned never give a rebuttal. Its simple misdirection.

And he didnt label all, he said the one that was linked was. If you can find one that isnt funded by the Meat, Egg and Dairy industry (i doubt you will). Then link it. Dont get all pissy because he pointed out a flaw.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really tired of this "Eating meat isn't natural." crap. I've hunted small game before, gutted and cleaned it then ate it, same with fish, yes I know what animal insides look like. I don't see what the big deal is people have been eating meat sense before people were people. Even chimps go hunt and eat what they kill.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. There are logical arguments for veganism that do not depend on wanting to be smugly self-satisfied and/or sanctimonious. There are a lot of problems with how our food is treated before it's food and it's easy to come up with logical arguments in favor of veganism from a variety of common ethical and moral perspectives.
    I would say all the issues of the meat industry could be solved by ending the farm corn subsidy that sustains agribusiness.

Cows, Sheep, Goat .... like Deer taste better with their natural diet. And they are better for you, just like chicken, turkey, goose ect.

The ethical arguments ignore that the mere act of agricultural cultivation kills legions of smaller critters and is ecologically devastating, so Vegans are not avoiding harm but more aptly the vegan diet isn't even good for humans which is why supplements are necessary.

I absolutely cannot stand vegans, especially ones that subject their kids and even pets to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

because vegan food tastes like shit, and im top of the food chain bitch. Pigs and cows are to be sacrificed for my leisure, and your retarded plants nourish from their blood. Win-Win.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it's pretty well known that feeding corn to cattle actually messes up their GI tract. It causes some pretty awful inflammation even as it makes them fat.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

If you can find one that isnt funded by the Meat, Egg and Dairy industry (i doubt you will).
    So you're saying that all studies done by the "evil meat industry" are garbage? I suppose we should also toss out all health research out as 'garbage' since they're funded by the health industry, then? And so all "vaccine are good" researches are also garbage because they're done by the pharmaceutic industry?

So you're saying that all studies done by the "evil meat industry" are garbage? I suppose we should also toss out all health research out as 'garbage' since they're funded by the health industry, then? And so all "vaccine are good" researches are also garbage because they're done by the pharmaceutic industry?
    Um yea.. thats the whole reason for independent research dipshit.

Has OP tried Bacon or any other meat for that matter?

Um yea.. thats the whole reason for independent research dipshit.
    And you're implying that all "independent research" is devoid of any and all agenda?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally just waiting for Bodakane to tell me that I should die, or claim I'm lying (I'm not).
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    Has OP tried Bacon or any other meat for that matter?
    probably, but like all vegans, he think's he is morally superior because he doesn't eat it.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Countless of animals die every day to sate your appetite, raised to be slaughtered so to say. Polluting the environment, contributing to the green house effect.

Did you know that every male chicken born in a chicken coop is to be killed as soon it comes out of it's egg? There are reasons for it, but to think that they have no rights to live at all.

Calves? They get separated from their mothers at birth only to feed humans milk and then get slaughtered.

Bees? They collect honey for the colder times, only to be taken away.

"But muh convenience". Yes, going vegan is inconvenient, but it is steadily growing, and soon enough they will be releasing synthetic meat if you really can't stop eating meat. Just don't overdo it, not good for you.

"But muh bakery". Tough luck.

There are plenty of delicious vegan recipes and restaurants. There are many big vegan communities at your leisure. I'm sure you will find something tasty.
    top of the food chain. why would I be a vegan, its unnatural.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Countless of animals die every day to sate your appetite, raised to be slaughtered so to say. Polluting the environment, contributing to the green house effect.

Did you know that every male chicken born in a chicken coop is to be killed as soon it comes out of it's egg? There are reasons for it, but to think that they have no rights to live at all.

Calves? They get separated from their mothers at birth only to feed humans milk and then get slaughtered.

Bees? They collect honey for the colder times, only to be taken away.

"But muh convenience". Yes, going vegan is inconvenient, but it is steadily growing, and soon enough they will be releasing synthetic meat if you really can't stop eating meat. Just don't overdo it, not good for you.

"But muh bakery". Tough luck.

There are plenty of delicious vegan recipes and restaurants. There are many big vegan communities at your leisure. I'm sure you will find something tasty.
    Because as the top of the food chain we have to keep animal populations in check.

Plus, can you imagine all of the agony plants go through? My god.

Also the "green house effect" isn't real.
    Last edited by ryast; 2016-07-10 at 09:54 PM.

Deleted
    oooh.... question!

Can vegans eat meat-eating plants?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No matter what humans do we will still be responsible for the deaths of countless animals. In order to grow crops we destroyed many ecosystems of native wildlife in order to plant our food. Even if we all went vegan we would just end up trashing more wildlife habitats to make room for more crops.
    And as for your statement about turning grazing ground into something else since much of it cannot sustain crops. What else would you put there that doesn't screw over animals anyway?

Besides if animals weren't meant to be eaten they wouldn't taste so good.
    My FC is 0430-8669-1800 add me and send a PM. My safari is Audino,dunsparce,Ditto.

"Insert clever saying here"