Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Legion lack of new bags: WoD garrison to be a huge gold making tool on Legion?

So I was searching for bags, and I found out that Legion has no new 30+ slot bag. That means that Hexweave bag - which is made out of sorcerous earth and sumptuous fur - will still be the best bag.

Fur is farmed from beasts in WoD areas and the barn(it's really fast to farm wolves to place as barn work orders if you don't care about savage blood). Sorcerous Earth, however, is a byproduct of Blacksmithing, Inscription, Jewelcrafting and Leatherworking, as well as rarely from normal garrison work orders.

So, coming Legion and as people stop doing draenor content(either because they got new characters or lack of interest), I can see Sorcerous Earth becoming quite rare - and therefore so will Hexweave Bags. I'm actually hoarding SE on my server so that I can create a steady income from bags after legion launches. Do you guys think this is fine? Feels like it's counter-intuitive when you consider that garrisons will be nerfed to the ground so that players don't feel obligated to use it to make gold anymore.

IMO Legion really needs a new 30-slot bag. Not even 32, just a new 30 slot one to make sure Hexweave Bags can be "ignored".
    Last edited by Zephirdd; 2016-07-10 at 08:48 PM. Reason: hexweave bags are 30 slot, not 32

Deleted
    Well with the new transmog system i will not need that much bag slots anyway.

Deleted
    I'm grabbing cheap sorcerous fire, water and air now and will transmute these to earths in legion when the earths are getting scarce. With the Alchemy catalyst still being BoE I only need 1 alchemist, and have him and some other chars massproducing these with their alchemy buildings

The market for bags won't be that big though, most chars will have max bags already at this point in the expansion, and new players and/or demonhunters will be your primary customers, not that big a market

The best possible answer to this "dilemma."

There really should not be any need for huge bags anymore. You still have two tabs of void storage for those few, nigh-obtainable items. The regular bank space filled with the largest bags available right now, combined with the reagent tab of the bank, should be more than enough space for any particular character.

So for the sake of the discussion, no. Normal bags that can be purchased from NPC's or even older crafted ones should be sufficient going forward. There are a couple large bags that can be found, but it's rather moot. There is zero reason to hold onto so much crap that you need all that space when you're no longer required to have it for transmogrification purposes. Go do some spring cleaning.

I have 6000 sorcerous things (can all be transmuted into earth) without buying any, just from playing WoD. This is enough for two full years bag production of two tailors. Sumptous fur can be bought in trading post, remember that all gold missions/followers will become resource missions/followers. Two tailors need 100 fur per day, just wait until you can buy it for 4 GR. 400 GR per day should be no problem at all.

If you don't train 12 tailors you'll have no problems producing bags.

I'd be inclined to think that there will be less market for the expensive bags overall, what with everyone's bank space and void storage being freed up thanks to the Wardrobe feature...

That being said, I'm currently not selling the bags that my 4 tailors are producing. I get the earth not from BS or any other prof, but from buying them with spirits that I get mostly from missions.

The new Legion bags will be so cheap that they will become the new netherweave bags. If someone plays an alt I think they will be more likely to buy the Legion bags than pay for the WoD bags unless the WoD bags tank in price as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I'd be inclined to think that there will be less market for the expensive bags overall, what with everyone's bank space and void storage being freed up thanks to the Wardrobe feature...

That being said, I'm currently not selling the bags that my 4 tailors are producing. I get the earth not from BS or any other prof, but from buying them with spirits that I get mostly from missions.
    People tend to want the biggest and best no matter if they need them or not. They will still sell well no matter what.

that's actually a big thing I'm considering. 32 slot bags will sell no matter what, simply because they are the best. People don't buy these out of need.

Also, it's pretty nice to farm old instances(like 25naxx or 25icc) with huge bags.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    The new Legion bags will be so cheap that they will become the new netherweave bags. If someone plays an alt I think they will be more likely to buy the Legion bags than pay for the WoD bags unless the WoD bags tank in price as well.
    there is only 1 new legion bag, andi ts 34 slots for 500k....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephirdd View Post
    that's actually a big thing I'm considering. 32 slot bags will sell no matter what, simply because they are the best. People don't buy these out of need.

Also, it's pretty nice to farm old instances(like 25naxx or 25icc) with huge bags.
    buy some walters, so you can sell with them, or after each wing leave, get on the mamoth to sell, then go back in
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    there is only 1 new legion bag, andi ts 34 slots for 500k....

- - - Updated - - -

buy some walters, so you can sell with them, or after each wing leave, get on the mamoth to sell, then go back in
    There's also the Silkweave Satchel, 24 slot bag that seems pretty cheap to make

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree they ought to add a Legion 32-slot alternative.

I disagree this will cause much problem.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephirdd View Post
    There's also the Silkweave Satchel, 24 slot bag that seems pretty cheap to make
    oh interesting i had NEVER seen that... hmm cool
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

People will never settle for 2nd best and will always, eventually; with nothing else to do, seek perfection.
    Mains and alts, bag and bank slots, with the highest capacity available, because why not.
    Take advantage of the unconscious human psyche!

Bagspace is not critical for me in the Beta but I've always kept fairly empty bags, hell most of my characters still use Frostweave.

The sheer amount of gray crap that drops though will mean unless you keep empty bags or decide to miss out on thousands of gold (the grey crap is often quite valuable) you will need at least the Satchels, hexweave I suspect will sell quite well for a good while.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    Bagspace is not critical for me in the Beta but I've always kept fairly empty bags, hell most of my characters still use Frostweave.

The sheer amount of gray crap that drops though will mean unless you keep empty bags or decide to miss out on thousands of gold (the grey crap is often quite valuable) you will need at least the Satchels, hexweave I suspect will sell quite well for a good while.
    You could pretty easily get by with smaller bags if you have either of the vendor mounts... it's all a matter of getting outside to be able to mount up (or be in an outdoor raid in the first place)

EDIT: Though, like others have said, a large amount of open bag slots won't stop people from trying to max out their potential inventory spaces. I'm planning on keeping my tailors going on making hexweave bags, at least for a little while. It's pretty easy with the trading post, after all.
    Last edited by Etamalgren; 2016-07-11 at 02:00 AM.

I put my tailor through a lot of effort to equip my first six 90s (which leveled to 100) with three Royal Satchels and seven Embersilk Bags (with the last slot taken by the Grummlepack 24-slot bag).

Now I'm probably going to end up junking all those bags by Christmas (getting full 11 bags of Hexweave for all 22 alts on my two connected servers; I'll buy Legion when it goes on sale, getting the last two alts).

Le sigh. Oh well, I can save the windwool silk for transmog armor.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will say though that the lack of new bags isn't a huge secret. So many people in-game have said they are either stockpiling tons of hexweave bags or mats thinking they'll make a gold mine when Legion hits. There's a possibility that demand still outstrips supply, but there are so many people already thinking the same thing that it might not be the money maker that it appears to be. Plus many/most existing toons will already be set with Hexweave bags from wod. I'd still at least prepare somewhat, but don't be surprised if there ends up being a glut.

they'll still sell (most larger bags from previous expansions do too, if you happen to have the materials lying around), but the margins will probably be pretty small. People have lots of materials and you have to assume most people trying to make money hustling bags also know what you know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabseeker View Post
    But isn't the void storage already connected to the transmogrifier?

I never carry my transmog stuff around.